Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Beware" - ending sample... 6 or more years old?

Started by defTHE1s, Jul 14, 2020, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

First of all, it's been a long time, times change but we're still here... so here's the thing.
I've been constantly checking all my stuff, and sharing some of the downloaded bootlegs and so on, and got to hear the Mercer Arena show in Seattle, back in 2000.
All good, but what really surprised me was to hear the sample they used to start the set was not that Twin Peaks theme, but instead, it sounded as the sample you hear at the end of "Beware", after the last guitar part and some beats and crickets start (min 5:33).
Tried to "shazam" it, but didn't get anything, so the question is, anyone knows what is that sample from? name? Interesting that they used it 6 (or more) years later from opening their sets as to be part of an actual song.
Same thing happened with Hearts/Wires as well.

To explain it better, go and get that bootleg (http://raboninco.com/8234300/00merceradefflc), and listen to the Track 01, which is Intro / Korea and go listen to "Beware" and you'll notice what I'm talking about. As for now, it's the only bootleg I've listened from that time that has this opening.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

I think it's just something that Chino made before the Back To School tour. He'd play it often on the tour, through a sequencer before the curtain drop.

defTHE1s

Yeah, sounds logic, actually I was thinking that if it wasn't a sample, it could be something fom Frank, but the fact is that I found it surprising haha ;D

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...