Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Black Stallion (White Pony remix album)

Vesanic · 290 · 23717

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms
  • I think you know the truth.
I get they don't like BTS. Fine, whatever. What's the thought process leaving TBR off, though? First of all, it's better than half the songs on the actual album.

Offline LG95

• Ohms
I'm surprised people expected TBR to be on there. My guess is that part of the point of doing this is to hit home the original, intended eleven song album, rather than the reissue edition that lots of people know. I'd have been surprised if either TBR or BTS had shown up on it.

I'd just like them to put TBR as a standalone song on streaming services. Along with Lovers and Can't Even Breathe, now I think about it.
I could float here forever

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms
I'm surprised people expected TBR to be on there. My guess is that part of the point of doing this is to hit home the original, intended eleven song album, rather than the reissue edition that lots of people know. I'd have been surprised if either TBR or BTS had shown up on it.

I'd just like them to put TBR as a standalone song on streaming services. Along with Lovers and Can't Even Breathe, now I think about it.

I'm not so much surprised as I am disappointed.

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms

Offline kurtone

• Pompeji
  • The lights shine thick ahead
Iíd say weíre lucky weíre even getting a remix album. The bands never really gone the extra mile for anything lol

Offline Visionz

• Genesis
Iíd say weíre lucky weíre even getting a remix album. The bands never really gone the extra mile for anything lol

THE BAND imo went the extra mile on bsidesnrarities..... and a very nice little package it came in TBH. Just the first thing that popped in my head naturally. Itís one of my favorite batches of music they have compiled and the best jacket/booklet from them as well. I actually canít think of a whole shit ton of great bands or artists that have gone that kind of extra mile especially in between two great albums
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2020, 03:32 AM by Visionz »

Offline Martin

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator

Offline Sal_Ameigh

• Urantia
Does anyone know anything about this '24 page book' that's included?

Yes, I know something about the 24 page book. It's about the Deftones.  ;)

If the Deftones were to have TBR and BTS remixed my votes would be:

1. The Boys Republic (Kevin Shields Remix).
2. Back To School (Wheezy Remix). Would be cool if the remix also had additional vocals by Roddy Ricch or Lil Uzi Vert.

Offline nicklav

• Pompeji
  • No more gold lights

2. Back To School (Wheezy Remix). Would be cool if the remix also had additional vocals by Roddy Ricch or Lil Uzi Vert.

Chino isn't really a fan of modern hip-hop so I doubt that second one would ever come to pass.

Offline Draken

• Pompeji
  • And if you don't believe I think you should
1. The Boys Republic (Kevin Shields Remix).  :D YESSS!
2. Back To School (Wheezy Remix). Would be cool if the remix also had additional vocals by Roddy Ricch or Lil Uzi Vert.  :P POOPOO YUCKY EW

Offline Visionz

• Genesis

Chino isn't really a fan of modern hip-hop so I doubt that second one would ever come to pass.

What makes you think that? Iím definitely not a fan myself but I have heard Chino express that he likes all kinds of stuff pop and hip-hop of today. Nothing specific but I canít recall any time he said he doesnít like modern hip-hop. He doesnít really shit on anything

Offline nicklav

• Pompeji
  • No more gold lights

What makes you think that? Iím definitely not a fan myself but I have heard Chino express that he likes all kinds of stuff pop and hip-hop of today. Nothing specific but I canít recall any time he said he doesnít like modern hip-hop. He doesnít really shit on anything

In a recent interview he said he doesnít like current stuff. Iíll see if I can find it.

Offline Visionz

• Genesis

In a recent interview he said he doesnít like current stuff. Iíll see if I can find it.

No big deal, i believe ya.

Offline mandalay

• Urantia

THE BAND imo went the extra mile on bsidesnrarities..... and a very nice little package it came in TBH. Just the first thing that popped in my head naturally. Itís one of my favorite batches of music they have compiled and the best jacket/booklet from them as well. I actually canít think of a whole shit ton of great bands or artists that have gone that kind of extra mile especially in between two great albums
That's b/c Rhino Records released B-Sides & Rarities.  It's a subsidiary of WMG, but more more boutique than factory.

Offline Vesanic

• DeftonesLive admin
  • Global Moderator
  • Ohms
  • Quick shout out to Christina Applegate
    • DeftonesLive YouTube channel

That's b/c Rhino Records released B-Sides & Rarities.  It's a subsidiary of WMG, but more more boutique than factory.

That's interesting

Offline sharinglungs

• Ohms
New song from black stallion premiering Friday night at 9;12 pm Pst

Offline punkflop01

• Pompeji
  • i feel like more
New song out? Just got a notification from itunes but canít download it right now

Offline LG95

• Ohms
New song out? Just got a notification from itunes but canít download it right now
The Passenger remix is out at midnight.
I could float here forever