Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New song? Jun 27

Started by Kimdracula976, Jun 17, 2022, 04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

Yeah, Stef's believes certainly are not new. But with the pandemic over the last two years headlines about them became more frequent, also his absence from international tour makes me think he's not quite healthy in the head, paranoid, unsensible, etc. Otherwise he would get over it and take the jab. I'm not saying it's directly influencing his songwriting capabilities. But I remember Stef saying in the Gore era that he felt disconnected and left alone in the band with noone to rely on for a while. With all that covid shenanigans and him not going on tour overseas could potentially lead to him feeling the same way as during the Gore sessions. And most fans would agree that that definitely showed in the music's quality.

Commercially it's going to be a hit, no doubt about it. But if there's actually new music coming, I can't shake the feeling of it being rushed. They haven't even explored Ohms to it's fullness in a live setting. Who knows, but after all those years of consistency eventually there has to be musical misstep in their catalogue and I think this one could be it.

Inkblades

Counterpoint: their two albums with the quickest turnarounds from a previous album are Around the Fur and Koi No Yokan, two of their more well-regarded albums. Sometimes they move quick when they catch lightning in a bottle.

But we still don't know what this is yet. It could be a new album, but I don't really think so just because we always know when they are in the studio writing a new album (unless they are purposefully being secretive this time). Maybe it's Eros, maybe an EP, maybe a song for a compilation album. I guess we'll find out soon...or we won't.

Roidragee

If it's something to do with Eros I would've thought they would promote it more if they're releasing a song from that album, but I think they wanna try something new and be secretive this time if the release date really is in about a week. It could be anything honestly

GlimmeringMaggit

https://www.nme.com/news/music/deftones-download-interview-new-material-album-ohms-metal-around-the-fure-3246683
QuoteOnce their European tour ends in July, Deftones are heading home to "chill for a bit", according to Cunningham. There are plans for the third annual Dia De Los Deftones festival to take place later this November in San Diego ("but maybe it will move around one day") alongside talk of an Australian tour. "That's it for the year basically so maybe we'll try and jam on some new songs," said Cunningham. "There's always a little something brewing"

This was only a week ago. Of course he could be playing his cards close to his chest but I really don't see an album coming soon. But then they've never done an EP or a standalone single before either. And I'd be surprised if it was anything Eros related. If it wasn't for the reddit guy's seemingly legitimate post history, I wouldn't believe there was anything coming at all.

Second B-Sides & Rarities comp is a possibility I guess.
Formerly LG95

nicklav

Could be some sort of a live compilation with a new song or two attached to it. Hence Deftones IRL.

sharinglungs

Quote from: nicklav on Jun 21, 2022, 11:32 PM
Could be some sort of a live compilation with a new song or two attached to it. Hence Deftones IRL.

But it's not deftones irl , it's Daisy irl on the artwork and the song is called Daisy forgive me, don't think they've ever played a song with that name live before.

nicklav

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jun 22, 2022, 12:31 AM
Quote from: nicklav on Jun 21, 2022, 11:32 PM

But it's not deftones irl , it's Daisy irl on the artwork and the song is called Daisy forgive me, don't think they've ever played a song with that name live before.

Ah my bad. Whatever it is, I hope it's real.

Gaz

Quote from: GlimmeringMaggit on Jun 21, 2022, 10:09 PM
https://www.nme.com/news/music/deftones-download-interview-new-material-album-ohms-metal-around-the-fure-3246683
QuoteOnce their European tour ends in July, Deftones are heading home to "chill for a bit", according to Cunningham. There are plans for the third annual Dia De Los Deftones festival to take place later this November in San Diego ("but maybe it will move around one day") alongside talk of an Australian tour. "That's it for the year basically so maybe we'll try and jam on some new songs," said Cunningham. "There's always a little something brewing"

This was only a week ago. Of course he could be playing his cards close to his chest but I really don't see an album coming soon. But then they've never done an EP or a standalone single before either. And I'd be surprised if it was anything Eros related. If it wasn't for the reddit guy's seemingly legitimate post history, I wouldn't believe there was anything coming at all.

the Back to School release was an EP

GlimmeringMaggit

Quote from: Gaz on Jun 22, 2022, 11:18 AM
Quote from: GlimmeringMaggit on Jun 21, 2022, 10:09 PM

the Back to School release was an EP
Oh yeah that's true. But it was just a bunch of live versions of songs. It's only because the label liked Back To School's chances as a single that they made a thing of it.

Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.
Formerly LG95

Gaz

Surprised nothing has leaked yet

GlimmeringMaggit

Hmmm no teaser yet. If there's a new song coming on Monday you'd expect a teaser today at the latest.
Formerly LG95

Gaz

I'm starting to doubt it now

sharinglungs

Quote from: GlimmeringMaggit on Jun 24, 2022, 05:09 PM
Hmmm no teaser yet. If there's a new song coming on Monday you'd expect a teaser today at the latest.

Not necessarily, just the last week alone, a bunch of bands have released singles with no tease before... I'm starting to think it might be a surprise release.

GlimmeringMaggit

Formerly LG95

Inkblades

And keep in mind that it's about 9am PST. If they were to drop a teaser today, they'd have all day to do so.

sharinglungs

I hope that leak was right about the date..

Roidragee

If he's wrong about the date then it will probably still come out that same week since he's only been off for like a few days when he gets a date wrong, I hope he's right this time lol

RaptureWS

As much as I want to believe, I am just not sure. I know that guy on reddit is legit, but he has also admitted to being wrong a few times.
The "cover" art-the lipstick font is very much something Chino/Deftones would do, but the background image of Chino screaming seems so *not* Deftones.
We'll see in a few days I guess.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

RaptureWS

I just spoke with the leaker directly. He said that in 2 years he's only been wrong twice, and both those times were because there were multiple bands with the same name. He did say the date could be wrong though. So it sounds like there's definitely a new Deftones track by the title of "Daisy forgive me" coming soon. The only thing that's subject to change is possibly the date. I think it's time to get excited boys and girls!!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

sharinglungs

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jun 26, 2022, 01:32 AM
I just spoke with the leaker directly. He said that in 2 years he's only been wrong twice, and both those times were because there were multiple bands with the same name. He did say the date could be wrong though. So it sounds like there's definitely a new Deftones track by the title of "Daisy forgive me" coming soon. The only thing that's subject to change is possibly the date. I think it's time to get excited boys and girls!!

Yup in the last year or so that i've seen him post on reddit, He's always been right about the tracks existence, but sometimes the dates he has get moved.

If it's released in NZ first, we'll know in about 12 hours.