Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Between the screams - British Progressive/Experimental/Metal/Ambient ...

Started by Betweenthescreams, Mar 24, 2008, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betweenthescreams

Hey Peoples ... Shameless plug right here im affraid ... but you know, sometimes its just gotta be done  ;)

Just finished debut release at the world famous battery studios in London, UK With uber producer Mark Williams (Devil sold his soul, *Shels, Sikth, Enter Shikari). Got a few tracks up on the net, so would love some feedback.

http://www.myspace.com/betweenthescreams

should be a free download on there too. Take a listen, let us know.

Cheers Guys. BTS

Deftones-argentina

Man, your band's work is really good, you should be getting to the top. A really good sounds, lots of atmospheres & well constructed songs. Looking forward to hear more in the future.

theis

NiChe

QuoteBetween The Screams have crafted a truly unique sound, seamlessly blending ambient, sprawling electronics with atmospheric experimental metal.

I don't see anything truly unique in your music. It sounds like Enter Shikari to me. Maybe a little bit less on the commercial side, as most demos or EP's sound but this is nothing newvbut I'm sure the "new rave" scene assholes will get excited over it.

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Mar 24, 2008, 01:06 PM
Man, your band's work is really good, you should be getting to the top. A really good sounds, lots of atmospheres & well constructed songs.

I'm sure they will get "on top" somewhat. Most shit like this does. It's easy to swallow, easy to understand, not too complicated or technical; and to the mainstream appears to be "unique and alternative" when actually it's not at all. Sorry but i just don't see anything in this weak, watered down cheese. There's no punch to the music and the instruments seem to come together like one continuous droning noise.

And if by "well constructed songs" you mean basic and predictable then I'll agree with you.  I could actually guess what was coming next in both songs (i'm not even joking).

So yea, well done for sounding just like Enter Shitari.

NiChe

After looking at your myspace i've realised that not only is your sound the same as the aforementioned bland band, you guys even look exactly the same, which just proves my point even more.

Can anyone actually tell the difference?

So yea, "truly unique" my ass.

Betweenthescreams

Hey Guys,

thanks for the feedback, good or negative. Its all appreciated.

I don't agree we sound anything like Enter Shikari ... we have no trance beats, no beatdowns, no scene image and no stupid fringes.

We don't even have traditional choruses in songs, let alone predictable structures. We like post metal, doom, prog and take our music influences from Post rock like Isis, res sparrows or Aerogramme, Ambient sound scapes like Atlantis or Bossk, and the heavy thick wall of sounds such as  bands like Devil sold his soul or Mahumodo.

We write what we like and what we like hearing, i appreciate you taking the time out to write a response, and taking the time to listen to both tracks (both are quite lengthy :)

Peace!

Starz

I quite like your music, I dig your influences too. I guess having the same producer as Shels and Devil Sold His Soul your gonna come out sounding a bit like them but I like... I always see people using the microKorg in music these days, all genres to be exact. How does it sit with your style of music? Are there enough presets on there to make it a worthy choice? And what do you use the laptop for? Synths like Atmosphere and Absynth maybe? Thanks.

Betweenthescreams

Yeah, we love those bands, and those records, so Mark was an easy choice for us.

The micro korg isnt used a great deal .. its cheap and sounds ok, thats why we chose it ... i dont know why everyone seems to use it.. everyone from isis to lost prophets seem to have one???

We use the laptop for synths and samples .. reason and logic via a midi controller, strings and stuff sounds real nice through it.

The micro korg is a worthy buy, but if you wanna create more layers and stuff, its better to go for a proper synth or go the laptop way .. much more options and less chance of using the same sounds as other people.

Jacob

I like what I heard on your MySpace, especially the song Pure. I wouldn't necessarily say this is groundbreaking music, there's a lot out there that sounds very similar. but it's definitely full of good ideas and well performed. I wish you all good luck and I assure you that I will check out your upcoming release.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

just for the fact that you posted in different colors trying to get my attention. means i will never listen to your music

instead im gonna sit here and keep eating these pretzel rods.

mmm pretzel rods.

lol at the long thread title

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Betweenthescreams

Thanks for all the responses thus far guys, really appreciate you taking the time out and giving us your full attention. All reaction and responses are useful so thanks for checking the thread out and taking note. Just been played on Radio 1 too, unsigned band of the week so keep listening and tell your friends haha.   :D

Betweenthescreams

Guys, if your not feeling BTS, then thats cool. I love deftones, hate team sleep. Not everyone likes everyband. I think the enter shikari comment was stupid. there is real simularity but hey! opinions are opinions! New song on the myspace if anyone cares to listen . x

snw777

tarkil

Quote from: Bayle on Apr 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
Wait, when I come to think about it, you're in this band aren't you?

I'd bet on that too...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Betweenthescreams

I can assure you those posts are not from any member of between the screams .. check the IP adress.

I know not all the comments on here are positive but hey! all publicity is good publicity right?

Haha, keep Rockin'.

Starz

Hmmmmmm Beef is definitely the best member on here IMO (In My Opinion).

Hmmmmmmm Beef

I would clearly agree with you starz i think my brutal honesty has seemingly offended people but obviously the views expressed are clearly my own and not the bands althought i am sure many people would agree with the truth that i speak.

Hmmmmmmm Beef

Also loving the ew song on the myspace pageis fucking sick i love it

wither-I

Stop screaming.
Get a different singer (one who sounds good).
Change your band name.

and you will be on your way ;)

bless.

"coming into the nearness of distance"