Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Chino Project (un-named) ?

Started by defsteve, Sep 14, 2013, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Mentioned in the previously posted 'Noisey' interview (details below).

You mentioned that when you have any down time, you like to make music. What's going on with Crosses, Team Sleep, and your other projects?

Crosses has recorded a bunch of material and we have a third EP that's ready to go. We just signed a deal with Sumerian Records to release it. We're thinking of putting it out in October and doing a couple shows around then. I've also been working with [Stolen Babies drummer] Gil Sharone, [Crosses member] Chuck Doom, and my buddy Todd [Wilkinson], who plays [guitar] in Team Sleep. We always hang out and make music. We all got together for the Guitar Center "Drum Off" that Gil did [in March 2013]. We wrote five or six tunes and played the gig. It's all instrumental at this point. I just turned 40, and I've realized that I like having a regular output of music and doing it consistently, whether it ends up in record format or if it doesn't come out at all. As much as I can do it now, creating music with other people is definitely fun. It's my number one hobby. I'm not too much into video games or other things. I like to spend my time creating stuff with friends.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/chino-moreno-on-palms-unreleased-deftones-material-and-going-into-the-closet

Looks like it is happening.....

gilsharone
11 hours ago
Feelin this pocket! Can't wait to spill the beans on what this session is for... nice to have the homie @aaronharris23 engineering. #studiolife #dw #vater #zildjian #teamremo #gilsharone #aaronharris

aaronharris23
7 hours ago
Got to track this beauty today. Can't say what for, but really happy to be part of it.

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

ignore the fashion

Cullision

I think it would be interesting for Chino to have an all instrumental side project. I'd love to have more tracks like the konami code.

ignore the fashion

I wouldn't mind hearing something that he doesn't sing on, maybe just play guitar.

Cullision

Quote from: beasty on Sep 16, 2013, 02:05 AM
Chino Moreno, Todd Wilkinson, Gil Sharone 2 @ Long Beach Guitar Center Expo, 6th april 2013

Video of them performing?

This is awesome, I hope if this does become a real side project that it's all instrumental. Anything else from Chino would just be ridiculous at this point.

Inkblades

I disagree. The guy has a great voice. Why not use it?

That being said, I wouldn't mind some instrumental tracks...but I'd also like some with singing.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

deftoolsys07

Quote from: iceache on Sep 16, 2013, 06:12 PM
Quote from: luisch on Sep 16, 2013, 05:43 PM
Chino Moreno, Todd Wilkinson, Gil Sharone @ Long Beach Guitar Center Expo, 6th april 2013

I don't see Todd Wilkinson there. I see Chino, Chuck and Gil. You know.. all members of crosses.

Look a little harder... he's on the right...

edit: he is in the first video anyway. I assume he's still in the second but the guy didn't film him...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Deadradio

small clips from Todd and Chucks Instagram :

http://instagram.com/p/hKOAsMFzx_/

http://instagram.com/p/hKhKjtFz69/

Inkblades

Is anyone else thinking that this might be Team Sleep but with a new lineup?

DeftonesNZ

That's what I thought aswell the guitar riffs definitely team sleepish and Gils drumming in that clip is alot like Zach Hill did for Team Sleep

pony_01

probably team sleep with new name. heheh

ANattyRat

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
Is anyone else thinking that this might be Team Sleep but with a new lineup?

That's what I thought also, to be honest, it sounds rather a lot like Team Sleep. I'm happy, either way it's more music. I know rather a lot of people are getting sick of Chino's many side-projects because they seem to want something heavier, but I think it's great.

cvthedrv

sooniletugo

I like the sound of this. I wouldn't even mind if it were instrumental. I love every project Chino has done so I welcome anything new from him really.

deffur

I would love to jam with all these guys.
I have been dwelling in the underground, instrumental metal/progressive music lately. Now figuring this out just now, I love everything SL has mentioned so far. How do I jam with him for the rest of my days, it's my hobby as well. I think it could happen.
×× deffur ××