Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Interview with Ashley Snow Macomber - Bandaged Love (Hexagram artwork)

Started by buddyboy101, Jan 07, 2009, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddyboy101

Hey all, here's a brief q&a with Ashley Snow Macomber.  As you may remember, she is the artist who rendered the beautiful "Bandaged Love" artwork for ST/Hexagram (image below - thanks to XJohnnyX for the scan).  I hope you find this info interesting.  Here is her website to check out more of her work: http://www.ashleymacomber.com

How did you get hooked up with the Deftones?  Did they contact you?
No the record label contacted me because they had seen my work  at a gallery in LA and thought that it might be a nice fit.

Was "Bandaged Love" made specifically for the album?  If so, were you given any direction as to its creation?
Yes that piece was made specifically for the album.  I was making work very similar to that at the time so I worked up several ideas and that was the best.  I also spoke with the lead singer (Chino) about direction but I was pretty free to do my thing.

If the artwork was preexisting, where can fans purchase the artwork or view the original?
You can only see the  work in  the album, I have the original but it isn't reproduced anywhere else.

Has your work been included in other bands' albums?
Yes I made the album cover for my friends band the wives who are now renamed No Age.  They are a great band in LA

What was your impression of how "Bandaged Love" was used for the Deftones album?  Anything else you'd like to share?
I have gotten a lot of pictures from people who have gotten the piece tattooed on them.  It is very exciting and humbling for me to see the effect that the piece has on people.

Many thanks to Ms. Snow for the interview!!

tarkil

Thanks for sharing Buddyboy, nice from you, as usual....  :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deftonekid

Sugartolove

I've always loved that image, and found it beautiful. It was interesting checking out her other stuff, thanks for posting this  :)

mono

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

dictatesofreason

XJohnnyX

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Jan 07, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hey all, here's a brief q&a with Ashley Snow Macomber.  As you may remember, she is the artist who rendered the beautiful "Bandaged Love" artwork for ST/Hexagram (image below - thanks to XJohnnyX for the scan).  I hope you find this info interesting.  Here is her website to check out more of her work: http://www.ashleymacomber.com

How did you get hooked up with the Deftones?  Did they contact you?
No the record label contacted me because they had seen my work  at a gallery in LA and thought that it might be a nice fit.

Was "Bandaged Love" made specifically for the album?  If so, were you given any direction as to its creation?
Yes that piece was made specifically for the album.  I was making work very similar to that at the time so I worked up several ideas and that was the best.  I also spoke with the lead singer (Chino) about direction but I was pretty free to do my thing.

If the artwork was preexisting, where can fans purchase the artwork or view the original?
You can only see the  work in  the album, I have the original but it isn't reproduced anywhere else.

Has your work been included in other bands' albums?
Yes I made the album cover for my friends band the wives who are now renamed No Age.  They are a great band in LA

What was your impression of how "Bandaged Love" was used for the Deftones album?  Anything else you'd like to share?
I have gotten a lot of pictures from people who have gotten the piece tattooed on them.  It is very exciting and humbling for me to see the effect that the piece has on people.

Many thanks to Ms. Snow for the interview!!

would you stop using that image upload it to a different host your overflowing mine grrrr

White Wrist

vadimo

downtownpony

nick carter crashed into the lead singer of the Wives car.

dictatesofreason

Far away

deftoneseba

http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.