Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MommaBear

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
ever played with the idea that it might not mean a damn thing? ^^

Considering the source, it's a strong possibility.  

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
ever played with the idea that it might not mean a damn thing? ^^

Yeah, seriously.

Starz

MommaBear

I sure think so.  It's somewhat depressing - not excited about raising my kids here, but for now, nowhere else is an option.
At least spring is coming and things will be green and warm soon.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/11/americas-most-miserable-cities-business-beltway-miserable-cities.html

people_r_fake529

Hey Mommabear whats up?
I am from Cleveland also, but I have lived in Florida since I was 13 and I absolutley Hate Florida.  In the winter, its nice, but the rest of the year, it is unbearably hot and you can't go outside for 5 minutes without sweating balls.  I miss the fall so bad, the changing of the leaves, and yes even the snow:) Its' always the same boring weather here, hot and humid.  and there is no hills, no woods, no clean fresh water.  You can't even go near fresh water without having to worry about being eaten by an Alligator.  Yes, some of the beaches are beautiful, but living here for so long, the beaches don't impress me anymore.  I guess the grass is always greener on the other side:) At least we know we have the same good taste in music:) and GO BROWNS! :) Someday, I'm moving back up there, Florida sucks!

MommaBear

Hi ya peoplerfake!  How ironically funny is this - Florida is one of the warmer locations I've thought about moving to!  I was married on the Sanibel causeway and have vacationed there a few times (as family of ours has a vacation home there).  We did vacation there during June/July and although it is hot and humid, it's virtually the same heat and humidity that Cleveland has in the summer (but Cleveland has no beautiful ocean to run to). 

I am a freeze baby and temps below 70 are no bueno.  Snow is cool for about a week, then I am over it.  I hate wearing lots of clothes and having to bundle up.  The economy doesn't lend a very promising future for the kids, but now a days, I think it is bleak everywhere you turn.

On the other hand, I would miss the changing of the seasons, watching all the trees and flowers come back to life is pretty cool.  Same with the fall changes (until you realize your going to be looking at sticks for the next 6 months).  I would miss the woods too - we spend a lot of time in the Metroparks in the summer.

I guess the grass is always greener!  Browns who?  ;D  Well, if you make it back up this way, chances are that I will still be rotting away in Cleveland - which means we will have to go see a show together  ;)

MommaBear

Well, obviously it "means" something - Chino mouths something (which looks like it could be "me . . you").  Then licks his fingers and swipes?

Since I just learned what a "shocker" is, the whole licking and swiping brought dirty thoughts to mind.  Like maybe I want to lick my finger and swipe your ass while we drive far?

I didn't think it had anything to do with the song; I figured it was just something silly that happened during the shoot for the video.  Since I was late for the game on the shocker, I thought you cool kids might know what the hell the licking and swiping was all about.

Geez, did ya miss the "I come in peace part". 

from_musings

it says that you come in peace.that does not mean that we come in peace.consider us as enemies. anyway, im not a cool kid so i for one really can't give you any info on what you talked about.maybe som others here can. while waiting,try not to think too much about it

downtownpony

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the illuminati.

defmkjahreturns

it definately seems like something chino would do but i doubt its serious at all.  Im on the side of thinking it was something of an inside thang that only those in the know would and ever will know.

Of course i would like to point out to the vultures on here that claim to be fanatics of this band that they really should know this or ur obviously full of shit.

;D

just sayin

from_musings

I assume you're referring to the member "people r fake", because that is the only person I've seen call herself "true fan" :)  but I doubt that she knows when she didn't even know that chino collaborated with f.durst a number of times. well hidalgo called himself a "die hard" but I dont think he knows either. I still think that there's something chino just did to look hip.hell he's gotta do something,right? how deep should we look into things? he also toss around with a water hose. What does this mean? have you seen when he stands with his arms to the side, looking upwards in the video? What does this mean?

deftoner664

Thats awesome thanks for sharing!... I live in ohio too but I couldnt imagine of all places in the U.S. steph goes from Sactown to Cleveland... Cleveland isnt too much to brag about but the music scene is vibrant thoughout the streets(which I we would all hope so since it's the home of the rock and roll hall of fame); other than that it is dirty city and full of crime.. But for real a priceless interview to watch chino mow the lawn haha!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

from_musings

(Just so there is no confusion: I personally have never said that I know all about deftones,never have i claimed to be a  "true fan". the only thing I said was that if a person call himself/herself a true fan, then i think that person should have decent eye on the basics,or shit gets embarrasing . Think that you meet a person who calls himself a super die hard true fan, but think it's Franks who is the singer in deftones .. would you take that person seriously? even you would react :)

defmkjahreturns

nothing else matters but the art.

It doesnt matter what they call themselves

Also stop doin the whole nasty sarcasm shit but then after an angry reaction act like ur all innocent and confused at the situation.

Poke a bear = Bear gets angry

I really wish it was possible to just talk deftones on here without the constant feeling of squeezing blood from a stone.

from_musings

Quote from: defmkjahreturns on Mar 19, 2011, 07:52 PM
innocent and confused at the situation.

That's me in a nutshell.story of my life

MommaBear

Awww, someone being nice!!  Your welcome  ;)   I almost fell out of my chair when they said they were at Stephen's house in Cleveland!!!  I was thinking - did I hear that right?!

Out of curiosity, who are you fond of in the local music scene?  I don't delve much into it, but from where I am, Mushroomhead seems to be the supreme ruler.  

deftoner664

Well Mushroomhead has a real big fan base throughout the ohio area.. But locally I have to support my boy's Chimaira ! They put on one hell of a show and are in my top 3 of all time favortie metal bands. Seeing them on May 27! :P
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Inkblades

Quote from: downtownpony on Mar 19, 2011, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the illuminati.

Yup. Spinning anal beads? Surely teh reference 2 da secret society LULZ!

Either that or its Chongo Morongo's code for "This song is amazing...why isn't the video for it better?"

defmkjahreturns

just seen a similar thing done by a wrestler in an old NJPW vid that was to do with his name,  i dont think its deep at all but i do now definately think its part chino lookin kool and part little personal sign to do with the song name as mentioned by some1 way up there somwhere.