Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Vesanic, there was some band that covered Deftones-teething back in 98 or 99. I lost the mp3 but I remember distinctly the lead singer saying "Come on, get up get up, come on" when the chorus riff was playing...Ring a bell?
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

chise117

Taproot used to cover that, but i think it was after 98 99

nineteen

Quote from: Slacker on Aug 07, 2012, 08:56 PM
Deftones - Roller Derby (Live at the Troubadour 2012)

i improved the audio

this song, rocks my socks.

Love it too. It really is classic Deftones (based on the live recording) and I'm unsure why it's getting a few unfavourable responses. Each to their own obviously but it reeks of old Deftones to me, which is a good thing.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: snw9 on Aug 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Vesanic, there was some band that covered Deftones-teething back in 98 or 99. I lost the mp3 but I remember distinctly the lead singer saying "Come on, get up get up, come on" when the chorus riff was playing...Ring a bell?

taproot is the band you're mentioning.

ltdef

So I guess all of you know that there is a short clip floating around that shows the Deftones playing a show at the Guild Theater in 1990? I just found an old, interesting website that some of the old fans (sly?) might know: defjef.tripod.com alias deftones sacto ca

This site is not updated, last "news" post is from '03, but the webmaster must have been really close to the band because there are a lot of old and intimate photos of the band. Some of them are floating around for a while but this old fan site seems to be the source.

To me, this is the most interesting stuff mentioned there: A news post about the selling of the complete 60 minutes video master recording of the 1990 show, dated 20th October 2001.

1990 Video For Sale
The Deftones live video from 1990, mentioned a few weeks ago, is now for sale! Here's what the seller has to say:

Fellow Deftones fans, as you all may know a video of the Deftones performing at the Guild Theater in Sacramento in 1990 exists and was said to be readily made for the public shortly after screen shots and the information had hit the internet. Well, the video is now available to buy and only for a very short time. It is ONLY available through this and other Deftones webpages. It is a copy of the original video shot in 1990 of the Deftones (consisting of Chino Moreno as the vocalist, Chi Cheng as the bassist, Stephen Carpenter as the guitarist and Dominic Garcia as the drummer). It was filmed by a mutual friend of all of the bands that played that night at the Guild Theater. It is shot from the side of the stage. The video is approximately 1 hour long, and that means the Deftones are on the video for 1 hour, not other bands. It includes never before heard Deftones songs that are older than the Like Linus demos. Included with this email, webmasters have received a short video clip of the video. The clip does not do the actual copy any justice, as it is only 15 frames per second in order to keep it at a minimum file size. Stephen is on the left of Chino and Chi is on Chino's right. Dominic is in the back with the drums. The actual video offers a lot more than the clip shows, it is merely there as a sample. There is only one copy of this video in existence. That copy was duplicated and then re-mastered into a limited amount of videos which can now be purchased. Each video is $23.95, which includes shipping. The videos are in NTSC format, so this is for U.S.A. and Canadian residents ONLY. Money must be shipped in the form of a personal check, cashier's check or money orders ONLY. There is a very limited amount of videos for sale , so only 1 video per customer, and money must be received by the end of November 2001. Since there is a limited number of copies, all buyers must email videodude1990m@excite.com and give your name and address, so that we do not have an excess of buyers. When the email is received, the buyer is then placed on a list, securing their spot for a video, and then given the name to make the check or money order out to and the address to send the payment. Please make the subject of your email "Deftones 1990 Video". Questions can be directed towards that email address as well. All videos will be sent out in time for the holiday season (December 25th, 2001), so please allow until then for delivery. We encourage all Deftones webmasters to post this information on their websites.

New Info: Many more countries will now be able to purchase the Deftones 1990 video. The following countries that we can now ship to are: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda Island, Bolivia, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Burma, Cayman Island, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guiana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, Johnston Island, Korea, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Midway Island, Montserrat, Mynamar, Antilles, Northern Marina Islands, Okinawa, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Solomon Islands, St. Grenadines, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts, Surinam, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad, Venezuela, and Virgin Islands. Please note that these videos are still in NTSC format and should be viewable in the above counteries. Since shipping is more money for these international packages, the price for the video and shipping to any of the above countries is $30.00 in American currency.

Check out the clip of the video, click "Save As" or something to download, and make sure the extension is .wmv - You need Windows Media Player to see it.

some screenshots:
http://defjef.tripod.com/1990vidchino.jpg
http://defjef.tripod.com/1990vidchi.jpg
http://defjef.tripod.com/1990vidstefchino.jpg

I've searched the board but came not across the mentioning of the full tape or the website from above so I think this is pretty unknown unless I missed something.

This was pretty interesting to me and I can't believe we haven't seen the full thing to this day. This is a real gem, considering the oldest shows floating around are from 1994. So if somebody is out there owning this tape, please release it to the public....

vinsanity

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

deftoolsys07

How often has Xerces been played live? I'm not sure I remember it being played too much, if at all, but I just came across this video from 2010 while looking for something else actually:

Deftones - Xerces (live München Kesselhaus 03.12.2010)

Might be a stupid question, but I was just curious how often they play it.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Vesanic

Oh they played it a fairly good amount of times. Not everyday, not during every period, but yeah, quite a few times. Still dying to hear Rivière.

Alectwin

Who is that man with a guitar behind Steph in that Xerxes video?

vinsanity

Quote from: Alectwin on Aug 19, 2012, 08:14 AM
Who is that man with a guitar behind Steph in that Xerxes video?

that's probably Stef's guitar tech
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 10, 2012, 05:00 AM
Breaking Benjamin - Bored (Deftones Cover)

Never heard it before. Not bad.

Only the chorus sounds good I think... funny to hear a band cover anything off of adrenaline because this guy is really just making up his own lyrics. How does anyone know what Chino is saying... you can tell he doesn't have the right lyrics, whatever they may be..
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Vesanic

WAAF Real Rock TV - Halloween Cash Bash (Pt. 1)

5:54. I don't think that has ever surfaced before. Anyone knows who the guy on bass is?

mothraw

jaypayton

regarding the chi cheng benefit pro shot that warner bros is not releasing....interscope records pulled the same shit on trent reznor, not allowing him to release the closure dvd...so he leaked it via torrents...someone in the deftones camp should do the same thing. just leak it