Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebo

devilinside

downtownpony

whoops mixed em up. Yeah in Mansons biography I think he said trent accused hem of stealing his stage acts, and also that trent was stealing Skinny Puppies stage shows. Iv also heard from diff. people that nin was just a watered down skinny puppy, but I still like em both.

devilinside

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Manson is just mad cause Trent told him to fuck off,he didnt want to deal with his shit.. And that Skinny Puppy comment is the funniest shit I've read in a while. Have you ever listened to a Skinny Puppy album?!? They are in no way alike....

lithium

an American fast food chain, in France. behold, it's marketing and decoration.

💩

devilinside

Are you fucking shitting me?!?!?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Was this on nin.com?

lithium

i came across it looking for the fragile cover. i think it may be on ets.
💩

devilinside

Crazy shit right there...."I'd like a large sweet tea with a side of The Fraglie!"

downtownpony

Quote from: devilinside on Oct 11, 2008, 03:04 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Manson is just mad cause Trent told him to fuck off,he didnt want to deal with his shit.. And that Skinny Puppy comment is the funniest shit I've read in a while. Have you ever listened to a Skinny Puppy album?!? They are in no way alike....

They may not sound a whole lot alike, but Im pretty sure Skinny Puppy had a large influence on him, as far as the whole goth industrial sound goes. I also randomly make shit up.

devlin

Quote from: downtownpony on Oct 14, 2008, 05:11 AM
Quote from: devilinside on Oct 11, 2008, 03:04 AM

They may not sound a whole lot alike, but Im pretty sure Skinny Puppy had a large influence on him, as far as the whole goth industrial sound goes. I also randomly make shit up.

skinny puppy was a big influence. i've read were he admited that "down in it" is a rip off of the skinny puppy song "Dig it",  they do sound a lot a like . i would agree with the skinny puppy comparisons for pretty hate machine but not much after that.

*there..had to fix that.

trnscs66

Quote from: lithium on Oct 13, 2008, 11:45 PM
an American fast food chain, in France. behold, it's marketing and decoration.

Did somebody say StarF*ckers?

Muzic Junkie

I love this band.

NO other comment

:D

defTHE1s

The Slip... Album of the year... it really is GOOD!!!
Too bad i missed them (again when they came here to Mx!!!)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

devilinside

I love The Slip...and it's better live. Too bad you missed it.

devilinside

"It's difficult for me to imagine anything more profoundly insulting, demeaning and enraging than discovering music you've put your heart and soul into creating has been used for purposes of torture.
If there are any legal options that can be realistically taken they will be aggressively pursued, with any potential monetary gains donated to human rights charities.
Thank GOD this country has appeared to side with reason and we can put the Bush administration's reign of power, greed, lawlessness and madness behind us.

Trent Reznor"

Regarding NIN music used at Guantanamo Bay for torture

devlin

haha i read not to long ago that the guy from deicide loved that his music was used for torture. he thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

that torture doesn't sound to bad to me. they make you listen to some great music, what else cake and blowjobs?

lostpilot

yeah, that sucks.. there's just too many people unable to understand some art

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Last night Sacramento, that was probably the best fucking show I have ever seen. Im fucking tired from the road trip but that was an amazing fucking show. Miss Devilinside you were right, the stage is fucking awesome and in this twilight makes also a great and emotional ending song :)
Overall 100/10 !!!!!
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

lithium

they used nin to torture people? source please.
💩

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn