Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
WHUUUUUUT?!?!?!?!?

http://www.celebuzz.com/trent-reznor-britney-share-beautiful-s85371/

LOL, next thing you know theyll be dating and Trent will turn into marilyn manson

oh, and that TVT thing was good to know. I remember eagerly awaiting TVT's catalog in the 90's for all the awesome industrial music they had: KMFDM, foetus, pigface etc.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devlin

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 16, 2009, 07:02 PM
WHUUUUUUT?!?!?!?!?

LOL, next thing you know theyll be dating and Trent will turn into marilyn manson

oh, and that TVT thing was good to know. I remember eagerly awaiting TVT's catalog in the 90's for all the awesome industrial music they had: KMFDM, foetus, pigface etc.

kinda of topic. but you mentioned KMFDM. i'm not crazy about their last two cd's. but i am excited for KMFDM vs. SKOLD that is coming out soon.

goldpony

Quote from: devlin on Feb 16, 2009, 09:46 PM
WHUUUUUUT?!?!?!?!?

kinda of topic. but you mentioned KMFDM. i'm not crazy about their last two cd's. but i am excited for KMFDM vs. SKOLD that is coming out soon.

i actually havent followed them in some time. they are still around? i got burned out on them once i realized they kept making the same record over and over (at least in the mid-90s). if you hear anything else about the new album, let me know. now i'm kinda interested
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

09: A note from Trent and a wave goodbye

Towards the beginning of my career in Nine Inch Nails, our biggest break came in the form of an invitation to perform a series of shows with Jane's Addiction. These performances essentially created and defined the term "alternative" rock in the US, created an ongoing festival franchise that is still thriving (Lollapalooza), set the stage for Nirvana to shift popular taste a few months later, and were really fucking FUN to play and attend - truly the best times I've had. The shows were epic. So epic, they propelled NIN to the "next level" (whatever that means), but caused Jane's to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour.

Fast forward to the present. Corporate rock STILL sucks. A friend tells me they saw the original Jane's lineup play a tiny show in LA that was unbelievable. I break out my Jane's records and am amazed by how vital they sound. These guys were the real deal and in this current climate mostly dominated by poseurs and pussies it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and SINCERE.

Emails were sent, phone calls were made, dinner was arranged, ideas were discussed and the next thing I know we're in the studio experimenting. We laugh, we get to know each other, we cry, we yell, we almost quit, we record LOTS of guitar solos, we discuss, we actually begin to all communicate, we yell some more, we become FRIENDS, we laugh again and we do some great things. I get to see first hand why they broke up all those years ago but I also get the chance to see four distinct personalities that become an INCREDIBLE band when they're in the same room.

In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's "Lights in the Sky" tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year - much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to Jane's to see if they'd want to join us across the US and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Is there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope.

Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.

Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there.

Trent

posted by trent reznor at 2:57pm

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

devlin

:( damn that really really blows. my favorite band for as long as i've been into music is "disappearing". hopefully it really will only be a while and not a while turning into indefinate hiatus or whatever other bullshit term bands come up with.

devilinside

As long as it's not like the 4/5 years he's taken before I'll live. GODDAMIT! Makes me kick myself for not wanting to go to Bonnaroo. He'll be back...I know it.

devlin

it seems wierd. he got clean and started putting out so much music so quick. and now he's saying he has been thinking NIN needs to disappear for a while. i hope he takes a break, gets bored after a week and starts making music again.

devlin

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 16, 2009, 10:15 PM
WHUUUUUUT?!?!?!?!?

i actually havent followed them in some time. they are still around? i got burned out on them once i realized they kept making the same record over and over (at least in the mid-90s). if you hear anything else about the new album, let me know. now i'm kinda interested

here is their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/skoldvskmfdm

i like it. better than the last couple, which like i said i wasn't crazy about. they were getting more straight forward guitar rock. and with skold back they are going back to the more electronic sound. so you might not like it since they are going back to the sound you got bored with.

the cd comes out the 24th and i haven't been able to find any leaks. but i'll post it when ever it shows up if you want.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

goldpony

Quote from: devlin on Feb 17, 2009, 01:16 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Feb 16, 2009, 10:15 PM
WHUUUUUUT?!?!?!?!?

here is their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/skoldvskmfdm

i like it. better than the last couple, which like i said i wasn't crazy about. they were getting more straight forward guitar rock. and with skold back they are going back to the more electronic sound. so you might not like it since they are going back to the sound you got bored with.

the cd comes out the 24th and i haven't been able to find any leaks. but i'll post it when ever it shows up if you want.

Awesome, Thanks!

that sucks about trent. i dont think he'll stop making music, just maybe under the NIN moniker. I think it would be interesting if he produces a few albums and/or signs a couple of new artists (though he was responsible for MM *shudders*, i liked prick). we'll see.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

I loved Manson.

Maybe Trent will peruse tapeworm!

White Wrist

weird feeling.

since i "know" nin, he never stopped doing new things. well, we have to wait. i hope he comes to portugal for a good bye

goldpony

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 17, 2009, 05:43 PM
I loved Manson.

Maybe Trent will peruse tapeworm!

yeah! i think it would be awsome if he got together with pigface again. i really liked the minimalist industrial he did with them
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Shit I dont want to see NIN dissapier :'(
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

devilinside

I'm with ya guys. But maybe he will come up with some super bad ass music and not feel soo damn rushed to put out music constantly. (not saying the past few albums were bad,but put some time into it a little more)

I'm a lil sad. :(

lithium

a jane's show with nin would be a total treat.
💩

devilinside

thought u didn't care for J.A? I remember talking about bands on my ipod and I have all those albums and u kinda ICKED at them.

lithium

it wasnt janes, it was tvotr
💩

devilinside