Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ZOZOBRA

Started by Puscifer, May 28, 2007, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puscifer

Hi all im new to sharing lungs, just wanna tell u all abut a band called ZOZOBRA. they're an exellent band and im sure most of u will like them

cheers! :P

no

ignore the fashion

thats it? no link or anything? just wanted to tell us their name pretty much?

Alvar

got their album a few weeks ago, they toured wit hisis so i checked them out.

when i first heard the song "levitate" on their myspace i was just blown away. the melody of this song got me in the first few seconds.

some ppl say this band is a bad copy  of isis but i dont think you can compare those two bands so much. Zozobra is more "conventional" rock with much easier structure.

the way how those old-school heavy guitar riffs are combined with electronical drums (that sometimes relly reminded me of the deftones) and cool melodies fits really well.
this band deserves your attention, its just great music.

here is their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/zozobra505

check it out, its definately worth it!

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

no

Mike21

Hey man, good to see you finally found the board.  Think you can guess who I am, haha.

For the people who don't know, I met this guy in Birmingham in March when I went to see Deftones.  He's a cool guy.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: no on May 28, 2007, 11:33 PM
terrible.

Idiot.

I saw them with Isis and Jesu recently. They were totally rad. Jesu were amazing as well.

yoda on mars

I think I have their album somwhere. It's pretty cool imo.

Alvar

from their myspace

QuoteNEW ZOZOBRA RECORD

Cool! I've never blogged before. I often joke about blogging but never seem to get any laughs, and now I see why. Blogging is no laughing matter. Especially when the blog is concerning the new Zozobra record.'Bird Of Prey' will be out on Hydra head records July 22nd. Or at least that's what the contract says. If not I'm sure our lawyers will have a field day shitting on the labels faces. This time it features Aaron Harris of Isis on the skins. Aaron also engineered and mixed the record. At only 10 grand a song you can't go wrong with that guy. Also, Mark told me to keep this brief but the record was going to be released under the name Heatseeker but it's not anymore, so if any of you heard about that just go ahead and forget it happened.Songs and artwork will be up soon. z

i missed the damn release of their preview song "heavy with shadows", now the dl link is gone  :'(
cant wait for this

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Alvar

----------------------> first concept for the album cover, once again made by AARON TURNER OF ISIS <----------------------

oh, and here you can download the first track of the new record.
still very loud and groovy  :D

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

Starz

The remix of V Is For Vagina is pretty good, thanks Maynard. Oh, P.S. Your're a complete complete cunt or whatever. Thamks .

TheScumfiend

oh this is the side project of Old Man Gloom.  The band name was originally a song by old man gloom.  First time I've actually heard it. Its good though!
My weekly Chart:

Alvar

yes, its basically the side project of caleb scofield, who played bass in cave-in and OMG.
on the new record the drummer of isis seems to replace santos montano, so the drums could be much more organic.

here is the link to their first album
http://rapidshare.com/files/20703790/Harmonic_Tremors.rar.html

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

theis

Amazing band. They've grown on me like a fungus over the past 3 weeks.

Both their albums are fantastic. Definitely looking forward to hearing more from these guys in the future.

Ah, how I love this post-metal/sludge stuff.

Alvar

haha i remember how fucking addicted i was to their first record back in 2007 :D.
also calebs guest appereance on precambrian got me into another great heavy band: the ocean.

its really ridiculous how many sludge, post-metal and "neurisis" bands are out there these days, at a time i was tripping from one to the next.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

Slacker

defTHE1s

Listened to their stuff on their myspace page.... and REALLY GOOD!
I'm gonna check this band well!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

theis

Quote from: Alvar on Apr 02, 2009, 04:44 PM
the ocean.

That's another band I need to check out.

This is easily the best and most interesting "genre" today.

Alvar

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 02, 2009, 05:49 PM
Quote from: Alvar on Apr 02, 2009, 04:44 PM
the ocean.

That's another band I need to check out.

This is easily the best and most interesting "genre" today.

yeah you have to check them out dude. saw them live 2 times last year and it that was just mindblowing.
start with Precambrian (pw=luelinks) but be shure to take some free time for this 2-CD monster.

as for zozobra, im still waiting for the pelican/kayo dot/zozobra split-tour EP to leak, with unreleased material from each artist. i know its highly limited but i heard that there will be a few more pressings soon, so one can still hope :/

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

theis

Sweeeet, thanks for the link, man!