Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hum

Started by ignore the fashion, May 29, 2007, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

anyone else heard of hum? i wish this guys were still around. listening to this cd after so many years really brings back a lot of memories of drunken nights. also from reading recent stuff, the singer from hum (matt talbott) has done some work with hopesfall.

Hum "The Pod"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egugSdWvHzc

Hum "Stars"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfbn3ieVUYU

Hum "You'd Prefer An Astronaut" (MP3, 192kbps)
download: hum-you'd_prefer_an_astronaut-(1995).zip (62mb)

1. Little Dipper
2. The Pod
3. Stars
4. Suicide Machine
5. Very Old Man
6. Why I Like Robins
7. I'd Like Your Hair Long
8. I Hate It Too
9. Songs of Farewell & Departure

lollercoaster

defskull

More than just a one hit wonder.

The Captain

I really wish Finch did a studio version of their "Stars" cover, I liked it a lot...that's nt very related, but my Hum awareness is limited.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: The Captain on May 30, 2007, 02:13 AM
I really wish Finch did a studio version of their "Stars" cover, I liked it a lot...that's nt very related, but my Hum awareness is limited.

hum was great, they only ever released 4 albums, one being vinyl only and one being an ep.

emehlen

Thats what the world needs more of, Hum. YPAA IS a great album

darshun

ANNOUCEMENT:

New HUM show on the horizon for 12/31/08 @ the Double Door in Chicago!!!  I'm getting this info from another msg board...  I'll post more info when I get it
Shop smart, shop "S" Mart

Deadradio

Quote from: darshun on Sep 19, 2008, 05:39 PM
ANNOUCEMENT:

New HUM show on the horizon for 12/31/08 @ the Double Door in Chicago!!!  I'm getting this info from another msg board...  I'll post more info when I get it

Sweet, thats right by where I live. Thanks for the info.

I miss Hum, they were so good.

darshun

tix go onsale in October....

skinnypuppy

WTF? HUM SHOW? AHG

darshun

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Oct 07, 2008, 06:17 PM
WTF? HUM SHOW? AHG

I went to the last HUM reunion show in champaign @ rockfest which was a free show, but my recording of the show bombed cos it was an outside venue and I wasn't close enough to the monitors!!!  This show will be tits b/c it's indoors and a much better venue.  Alas, I can't go...

Deftones-argentina

Do you guys recomend recordings previos to you'd preffer an astronaut?

darshun

Go with "Electra 2000."  It's Pumpkins-esque but have that nice HUM feel.  I like it!  In fact I'm going to listen to it now...

Didn't like the album Fillet Show, tho, but there might be some HUM fans here that may recommend that...

Deftones-argentina

K, i'll go with it! thank you. Later my review.

fireflyry

Dang, how did I miss this thread the first time around.

Friggin love these guys.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

deepest_ocean

wow that sounds really nice. could anyone plz up that album again?

GardenParty

Always have a special place in my heart for this band.  Trancendental rock band.  None who came before, and none who have come after, rocked quite like these guys did.

New_Failure

Matt Talbot has been working with the band Openhand on their new CD. They had a track up a couple of months ago with him singing lead on it. If you check thier myspace you can find pics of him in the studio with them. Not sure if he's an actual member of the band or not, but he looks like he'll contribute at least guitars and vocals to the new album.
I blued myself - Tobias Fumke

Deftones-argentina

So I heard electra2000 once, and I had to say it's a decent album. No stand out tracks at first listen, but it didn't feel like a hard time to hear it from beggining to end. This early work doens't have their sweet sound for which they are known (and loved) in my opinion, though. I could hear the smashing pumpkins style in it.

darshun

Quote from: New_Failure on Oct 23, 2008, 05:15 PM
Matt Talbot has been working with the band Openhand on their new CD. They had a track up a couple of months ago with him singing lead on it. If you check thier myspace you can find pics of him in the studio with them. Not sure if he's an actual member of the band or not, but he looks like he'll contribute at least guitars and vocals to the new album.

Open Hand recorded @ GWRR (Matt's Studio) and he's not a full time member of said band.  He's only a guest. 

Other Guests on the new album are:
Coalesce singer (name?)
Page Hamilton
Andrew Elstner (Riddle Of Steel)
Matt Talbott
Steve Tulipana (Season To Risk/Roman Numerals)

That's so far what I know...