Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

God is an Astronaut

Started by Fireal1222, Sep 18, 2007, 04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

what do u guys thinks of the album. and im hoping most of you guys buy it, they can use the money

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

black coffee

Did you buy any of their albums?

Fireal1222

i've had nothing but problems when trying to buy their records in the past. i had to go to my local record store to have the albums ordered, and then they got back to me a week later and said that they couldnt get the albums in, which was stupid..

so basically the internet was my way of getting their music, and yes i have. the reason i didnt use the internet in the first place is because i dont have a credit card, and my mom doesnt like me using hers over the internet. so i was beat for a while..

i do need to order this album however now that you said something. thanks for the reminder

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Why not just order them from Amazon?

black coffee

I didn't wanna come across the wrong way, but if I get the recommendation to spend my money on something, I might just return the question. I bought a t-shirt and all their cd's at except the Self-titled and I'm going to see them live next week where I am going to buy Age Of The Fifth Sun, probably the vinyl.

Fireal1222

i've been listening to age of the fifth sun for the last two days

so far, everytime GIAA release an album, i feel like they are going back to a previous album, and then adding to, or improving upon it.. for example. when i heard their self titled album, it felt like all is violent all is bright, but heavier and with even better production (if thats even possible)..

anyway. age of the fifth sun  reminds me ALOT of far from refuge. it def. a darker album with alot of piano being used.. its also a fairly short album even though it features some of the bands longest tracks... just the way the album flows from beginning to end it reminds me alot of far from refuge, which is a good thing

the album isnt the type of music that should blow you away on first listen.. instead it seems to keep you intrigued just enough so that you can listen to the album in full without feeling like your bored.. it def has the same dark feel as far from refuge, and i like that..

this album seems like its the one that will only get better with time. and so far, i already love it. this album will definetely keep GIAA my favorite band for a few more years

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

black coffee

Dates were announced for their North American headlining tour.... For me this information is rather useless, but maybe some of you will go nuts now.

Aug 4 – Cambridge, MA – Middle East Downstairs
Aug 5 – New York, NY – Bowery Ballroom
Aug 6 – Philadelphia, PA – Jonny Brenda's
Aug 8 – Toronto, ON – Lee's Palace
Aug 10 – Detroit, MI – TBA
Aug 11 – Chicago, IL – Subterranean
Aug 13 – Denver, CO – Larimer Lounge
Aug 16 – Seattle, WA – Nectar Lounge
Aug 17 – Portland, OR – Dante's
Aug 20 – San Francisco, CA – Bottom of the Hill
Aug 21 – West Hollywood, CA – Troubadour

Fireal1222

i saw them in philadelphia 2 weeks back, at a place called johnny brenda's.

the show was incredible. it was a small venue, so it was cool to pretty cool to have the band playing right in front of you. they played for about an hour and the setlist was good. i really enjoyed myself, and i got to speak with torsten for a few minutes after the show. i pretty much just thanked him for the band's music, since their music pretty much changed my life, and completely changed my taste in music.

the songs that they play from all is violent, all is bright, sounded amazing, i havent listened to that album in quite some time, so to hear it live, was a rush of different emotions. really awesome show.. you can watch the entire show on youtube. i was also thrilled that they played forever lost. torsten said before they played it, thats its one of his personal favorite songs, as its one of mine as well.

God is an Astronaut - Forever Lost (Philadelphia, PA) 8/6/11

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

sicily

ha, my buddies band opened for them.  Did you happen to see the opening act monogold?

Fireal1222

Quote from: sicily on Aug 17, 2011, 01:51 PM
ha, my buddies band opened for them.  Did you happen to see the opening act monogold?

they cancelled there show. dont know why.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

figured it would be a good idea to bump this thread. since this band rocks.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

Dudes. :-(

GIAA is coming to Lithuania, and their management asked us (my old band, 'slowattack'), to play before them. And we can't because we don't really have the shape that we used to. After saying "sorry, no", they asked if we can play before MONO. I said. "Sorry, no". FML

tarkil

Just get back in the shape you used to have?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

a month and a half is not enough..

black coffee

Still it must be a nice compliment when someone offers you to do support duty for those bands...

What up with dem plans to move to Stockholm anyways? (off-topic, i know )

lostpilot

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 06, 2012, 09:47 AM
Still it must be a nice compliment when someone offers you to do support duty for those bands...

What up with dem plans to move to Stockholm anyways? (off-topic, i know )

well. to be fair, everything stands on my bfs education. and right now it seems that he might stay for 6 more years in this country to study radiology.. so... who the fuck knows, really. :-)

black coffee

Indeed, wished I was always sticking to my plans ^^

But anywhere is good. I always wanted to get out of my city, I was so sick of it. Always the same streets, the same people. And when I moved to another town for a new job, all I wanted was to move back.

and while I am here, good idea to listen to some GIAA again.

Katamarans

I'm going to GIAA show in November, Can't wait, I hope there will be some cool bands to open for them too.
We Kill Our Artists By Scheme:
Work - Consume - Die
Work - Don't Care - Die

lostpilot

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 09, 2012, 08:03 AM
Indeed, wished I was always sticking to my plans ^^

But anywhere is good. I always wanted to get out of my city, I was so sick of it. Always the same streets, the same people. And when I moved to another town for a new job, all I wanted was to move back.

and while I am here, good idea to listen to some GIAA again.

lets waste this thread a little more,
so did you move back to the original town? I fear that this will happen after I move somewhere else :-)

black coffee

We're ruining it big time ^^

About moving away, gladly not everyone is the same. For a creative guy like you Stockholm should be a good place to be. But who knows really? There's only one way to find out, after all.

So I lived in Hamburg, Germany for a year.
My best mate's brother lives in Hamburg, so thanks to him I met some cool folks, went out on weekends etc., so its not like every day after work I would be sitting alone in my apartment eating packet soup and thinking about home. This was a great and surely a livable city, but not home to me.

My then-girlfriend also annoyed me to death with her opportunistic bullshit all the time, so I couldn't talk about it with her. I missed my family and the town I was so sick of all those years, my hometown.
I fulfilled my one year contract, then lived at my Mum's place for a few months and got my own place afterwards.

I don't regret anything as this year was a good experience.
Took me long to accept that I was depressed, as well. So ever since I try to be more honest with myself. In the past when I was depressed, I would have gone for a run or to the gym, because I felt like if I am strong, problems will go away, and now I know its inevitable to deal with them. and if something has to be changed, and even if its a radical step, it has to happen for my own sake.

weirdest post in my years on Sharing Lungs. Cheers to all, I'm gonna have a nice cold Quilmes now and watch football!