Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

God is an Astronaut

Started by Fireal1222, Sep 18, 2007, 07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

i hate april fools day. i hope that isnt a joke.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

black coffee

so I'm gonna see them in September as well... that's sweet.

Shining Through

theis

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 02, 2009, 08:06 AM
i hate april fools day. i hope that isnt a joke.

no man. thats no joke. they are releasing another album at the end of the year

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

well, god is an astronaut posted on there website that they will have a new album out in the next few months, and it will be called "age of the fifth sun"

considering they are my favorite band. i cant wait

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Wow, another album? Sweeeet.

wither-I

my nads are pumped.

when is it out?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

yeah definitely pumped by this news ;D
DERP

Fireal1222

the band just officially released the first single from their new album " age of the fifth sun "

the name of the single is ' In The Fading Distance"

The Song is available on youtube for listen.. but you can download it for one dollar at www.godisanastronaut.com.. so i hope you guys will support them and spend the dollar..

i must admit. i am listening to the song right now for the first time, and you cant tell they are taking their music in another direction again.. kind of like how they did on the album far from refuge... anyway. so far it sounds very sad, but with an uplifting feel to it.. i like it

here is a link to watch an awesome live video of the song
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

E-Money

Sounds awesome!  Im really looking forward to this album. 

godin

what would u say ur favourite album is from this band?
Dingus.

BBfan

Sweet! I totally didn't know they were releasing a new album, this totally makes my day! And the song is pretty awesome sounding as well.

E-Money

Quote from: godin on Feb 14, 2010, 10:03 PM
what would u say ur favourite album is from this band?

I really dig all of their albums, but I'd say my favorite 2 would have to be Far From Refuge, and The End of the Beginning.  I hope I get to see them live soon!

bright lights, big city

End of the Beginning is my current favorite. but ask me again in a month and it could be different. love this band.
DERP

E-Money

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 15, 2010, 12:36 AM
End of the Beginning is my current favorite. but ask me again in a month and it could be different. love this band.

yea man im pretty much the same way.  i dig all of their shit.  I hope they tour the US for their new album

Fireal1222

their albums are kind of like how radiohead or tool albums are for me.. i love them all the same but 4 different reasons

all is violent, all is bright. is the album that made me connect with the band, i share some of my deepest memories with that album
the end of the beginning is my favorite album musically, like if i were on a ride with friends and wanted to show off GIAA's music, this is the album i would play
far from refuge is their saddest album in my opinion, they just sound like they made the album when they were really far from home
the newest album is absolutely incredible. it reminds me of all is violent all is bright but on steroids, lol

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

god is an astronaut really are the best band going right now

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ToneDef

I really like this band but I haven't taken the time to really get into them yet.