Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I agree, Chino's voice is my biggest problem with Deftones newer stuff. he still sounds amazing on some songs on SNW, but he's completely lost his ability to scream well. and his live performances only seem to get worse.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ToneDef

Agree with all responses.

I still love his voice. It just ain't as great as it was.

Some songs though, on s/t especially, would maybe not have sounded as great previously. I couldn't imagine Hexagram with the younger sounding Chino. So it's not all bad.

Fine wine and all that shit.

deftonesfan192

Quote from: aenemic on May 26, 2008, 10:43 PM
I agree, Chino's voice is my biggest problem with Deftones newer stuff. he still sounds amazing on some songs on SNW, but he's completely lost his ability to scream well. and his live performances only seem to get worse.

i hear you but screaming and partying every fuckin night takes its toll I used to have one of the sickest screams then i went on a bit of a drinking binge spirits an all now my scream aint what it used to be :( still belt out some decent growls like but not near as good as it used to be so theres your answer plus its not really proper singin i thuink thats a reason why he didnt do as much on SNW to give himself a break rest his voice like...

theshadeisatool

His voice definitely is strained on the later records or more high pitched/tensed. Maybe he outhgt to go James Hetfield/more bluesy lol.

White Wrist

i dont think that his voice is that bad. i remember seeing some youtube videos, form a gig in last south american tour, while he sings in xerces, everything is perfect.

maybe the sream is less, or less intense, but yeah, he should take care of his voice.

i am dying for more updtades at the blog.

kalhan

heh, the blog's dead...

any date on the album release, lads? i don't want to google for it...

ToneDef

Quote from: deftonesfan192 on May 27, 2008, 12:00 PM
Quote from: aenemic on May 26, 2008, 10:43 PM

i hear you but screaming and partying every fuckin night takes its toll I used to have one of the sickest screams then i went on a bit of a drinking binge spirits an all now my scream aint what it used to be :( still belt out some decent growls like but not near as good as it used to be so theres your answer plus its not really proper singin i thuink thats a reason why he didnt do as much on SNW to give himself a break rest his voice like...

Yeah, for sure everyone knows why his voice isn't all it was. He could have taken better care of it for sure. But it's just a bit sad sometimes, you know?

wither-I

he's looking better recently. he's lost a good bit of weight.

stop the smoking though man, it will MURDER you.

choose life, chino.

bless his little head.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

cast so cool

Quote from: kalhan on May 28, 2008, 02:26 AM
heh, the blog's dead...

any date on the album release, lads? i don't want to google for it...

Late 2008 which means this time next year in Deftones time.

Bayle

I dunno, they actually are recording so... who knows...

I'll put my money on before february 2009
Yes, I can imagine

Fireal1222

i'll guess the new deftones album comes out by. today. of next year.

1 full year sounds about right

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

cyppe101

It's gonna come this year.

deftonekid

Hopefuly. I'll wait paciently tho

White Wrist

this year. this year. show us that...things are diff, band!

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

kalhan

i'm anxious about the new record

deepest_ocean

Atomic

i hope it comes out b4 january or i may not be able to get it!!
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

tarkil

Why ? Your brain will have end its degeneracy into a rotten pea at that time ?   stbu...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Atomic

thats part of the problem, yes -_-
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~