Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Circa Survive

Started by mkay, Nov 29, 2007, 02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

Quote from: stapezee on Apr 14, 2010, 12:24 AM
The new album is great.  These guys always deliver.  Glass Arrows is so fucking awesome. 

!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

I'm not sure about the lyrics though

bright lights, big city

so glad to come home to see this beotch finally leaked! can't wait to hear it soon!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

downloading now, can't wait. from what i've heard it's pretty awesome. :D

EDIT: suspicions confirmed, i'm enjoying it quite a bit. good, interesting, creative stuff.

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 14, 2010, 01:09 AM

that is my only qualm.he lyrics are good. some are somewhat trite.

im not sure the lyrical content fits into my life at the moment. or maybe that is just what i want from them, to fit...

such a good album still, me happy :)

E-Money

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 14, 2010, 05:36 AM
Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 14, 2010, 01:09 AM

that is my only qualm.he lyrics are good. some are somewhat trite.

im not sure the lyrical content fits into my life at the moment. or maybe that is just what i want from them, to fit...

such a good album still, me happy :)

feel the exact same way.....

and definitely getting a Juturna vibe on a lot of the songs.  anyone else?

Balthazard

yeah i am getting that too , the album is pretty awesome

its like if i could marry an album  Diamond eyes would be my wife and Blue Sky Noise my mistress :p

E-Money

Damn after another listen I'm really diggin it.  The ending of glass arrows sounds a lot like Thrice.  Great stuff!

bright lights, big city

i agree with the Glass Arrows comment. my favorite song on this album.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

An bád dubh

The new album is pretty good. Gotta listen to it a few times more for it to really grow on me though, which is actually a good sign. Need for growth means a quite multisided album usually. So Im happy!

raynor

I'm not gonna lie, the main reason I enjoy this band is because of Anthony. He's an amazing singer. Sometimes it gets a bit to much of the good though, it's always full-on-open-throat-singing like all the time. Anyway I really enjoy this record but don't really get the hype around Glass Arrows, Imaginary Enemy is easily the best track on the record. Damn that fuzzed-out bass sounds awesome in the intro. All in all, greatness really.

Slacker

decapod

I loved Juturna... Wasn't that fond of On Letting Go but the new record is..... So fresh sounding, and such a feel good, complete sounding piece of music. David Bottrill really brought the best out of these guys. "I Felt Free" is so good it brings tears to my eyes. Thank you Circa.

raynor

defskull

Anyone pick up the album yet?  The linear note "artwork" is terrible.  The lyrics are sort of shown except that pictures of each band member hide half the lyrics.  It seems pointless to even have the lyrics.

wither-I

what does the linear note artwork look like?

defskull

Well there really isn't any artwork.  It's one of those fold outs, so not exactly bounded.  But each fold is just lyrics taking up the entire page on a black background.  I mean it's not that bad except for the fact that some of the lyrics are blocked by a member of the band.  Each page as another member getting in the way of the lyrics.  I mean the back cover is almost entirely Anthony Green's head.

wither-I

is there other artwork from esao?

defskull

lostpilot

still loving the album :)