Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

what is your job

Started by occipudding, Dec 29, 2007, 05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

occipudding

how do you get that cake?  if you're in college, what profession are you aiming for upon graduation?  im in school right now and in a little less than a month, i will be a new york state certified emergency medical technician.  unless i decide to wait a year and pursue something else in the meantime, ill hopefully be a paramedic around august 2009.
machete!  meow

deftonekid

I'm finishing my majoring in Comunication Science, but I already want to start studying another one (filmmaking). I already applied for 2 cinematographic schools here in Mexico but I didn't have luck, hope the next year the story changes. We'll see. For now I don't have a job, I'm gonna wait sometime to see if I can still studying. Otherwise I'll have to take a crapy job I guess.

Variable

Quote from: occipudding on Dec 29, 2007, 05:15 AM
how do you get that cake?  if you're in college, what profession are you aiming for upon graduation?  im in school right now and in a little less than a month, i will be a new york state certified emergency medical technician.  unless i decide to wait a year and pursue something else in the meantime, ill hopefully be a paramedic around august 2009.
being a paramedic is a great job.  But they are really underpaid for their skill set.  Do all of us in the EMS community a favor though and try to sound a bit more intelligent k.

occipudding

Quote from: Variable on Dec 29, 2007, 07:33 AM
being a paramedic is a great job.  But they are really underpaid for their skill set.  Do all of us in the EMS community a favor though and try to sound a bit more intelligent k.

well fuck you too.  agreed medics are underpaid but it's good life experience and i dont plan on stopping in this field.  but anyways, i guess it says something about the profession you chose for yourself that an unintelligent-sounding jackass like myself is second in his class at the most highly regarded school for this particular profession in new york state.  maybe you should do yourself a favor and choose a profession more deserving of such a great and powerful being as yourself.  sounds to me like you're holding yourself back, buddy.  peace out.
machete!  meow

UrZ*

And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

Moz

Student journalism and writing for the biggest Dutch videogame website as a profession. I like.

Variable

Quote from: occipudding on Dec 29, 2007, 08:12 AM
Quote from: Variable on Dec 29, 2007, 07:33 AM

well fuck you too.  agreed medics are underpaid but it's good life experience and i dont plan on stopping in this field.  but anyways, i guess it says something about the profession you chose for yourself that an unintelligent-sounding jackass like myself is second in his class at the most highly regarded school for this particular profession in new york state.  maybe you should do yourself a favor and choose a profession more deserving of such a great and powerful being as yourself.  sounds to me like you're holding yourself back, buddy.  peace out.
Look at your sentence structure for the title of this thread and tell me im the one that sounds like a jackass right now.  Besides I know plenty of idiots who got their Emt - Basic.  Its a lot harder to actually get the P.
Quote from: UrZ* on Dec 29, 2007, 02:12 PM
pwned
Not really.  He is just like a wana be version of me.  I got my basic like....christ almost 4 years ago.  and have moved up many levels since.  And I dont really see how saying that some teacher likes you is a statement of accomplishment.  I mean my teachers all loved me too, but I didnt like get a trophy made because of it or anything ::)

But anyways occi, get a few actual patients under your belt instead of test then come talk to me about emergency medicine k.

Moz

The point is Variable that you get kicks out of being a jackass to people on a freakin forum. No matter how polite you package it, you still know you're trying to show what harsh attitude you're supposed to have. Whatever floats your boat. Now you're going to reply to me with another witty comment that'll fall flat on its face except in your eyes. You'll feel like the man again and all is well in your fantasy e-world. O shit I guess now I described your job, sorry.

<3

13hourstoparadise

I cheated my way through high school, dropped out of college and now am a network engineer. Last year I made $90K a year. Not bad for a slacker.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 29, 2007, 07:17 AM
I'm finishing my majoring in Comunication Science, but I already want to start studying another one (filmmaking). I already applied for 2 cinematographic schools here in Mexico but I didn't have luck, hope the next year the story changes. We'll see. For now I don't have a job, I'm gonna wait sometime to see if I can still studying. Otherwise I'll have to take a crapy job I guess.

Well good luck brohym!

Variable

Quote from: Moz on Dec 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
The point is Variable that you get kicks out of being a jackass to people on a freakin forum. No matter how polite you package it, you still know you're trying to show what harsh attitude you're supposed to have. Whatever floats your boat. Now you're going to reply to me with another witty comment that'll fall flat on its face except in your eyes. You'll feel like the man again and all is well in your fantasy e-world. O shit I guess now I described your job, sorry.

<3
What is job of you?  really.  And im the jackass?  ok moz, and I guess you wern't just talking shit for the sake of it then?  You're not even worth it.

goldpony

i work for the red cross, in problem management. basically a desk job. i used to work in the lab as i am a ASCP certified Medical Technologist. I even get to have initials after my name like a doctor :D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

Red cross, cool bro. Travel places? Any cool stories?

Variable

red cross sells blood to the military for ridiculously high prices.  Thanks red cross, way to serve.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Variable on Dec 29, 2007, 11:56 PM
red cross sells blood to the military for ridiculously high prices.  Thanks red cross, way to serve.

At least they're not as bad as FEMA then huh?

Variable

I dont know what you are talking about.  But they probably are worse.

13hourstoparadise

FEMA fucked up with help of the Tusnami victims in New Orleans. Took them five days to get water to them. But the government was happy to snipper lotters. Assholes.

The CEO of FEMA re-signed it was so bad, major fuck up.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Dec 29, 2007, 11:56 PM

we also donate cell phones at no cost to military and their families in addition to setting up contact between service men and women and their families plus a myriad of other services, including disaster relief, at no cost. the blood cost a lot of money to process due to the fact we are under the guidelines of the FDA, as blood products are considered pharmiceuticals. if i'm correct, and i know you'll correct me if im not, much of what the military receives is frozen which costs a ton of money to process. believe me, hospitals get charged the knot too
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deftonekid

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Dec 29, 2007, 07:43 PM
Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 29, 2007, 07:17 AM

Well good luck brohym!

thx bro, hope to be able to keep studying.

13hourstoparadise

What is communication science, like frequences, airwaves, etc?