Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

are the demos public domain?

Started by bloody_liver, Jan 12, 2008, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody_liver

does anyone know if team sleep put a copyright on their pre-debut demos? i'm a film student and it's illegal for me to use copyright music but i figure if there's no copyright on the team sleep demos then they're pretty much free to use, but does anyone know one way or the other?

13hourstoparadise

They are all cory right protected, however the label won't come after you for the un-offical (non-record-label-owned) tracks! ;)

buddyboy101

once something has been recorded, it automatically receives copyright protection.  since the demos were never formally released they probably aren't registered with the US Copyright Office.  use of copyrighted material for edu. use is generally a protected fair use, so you should be fine using the demos as long as the content is not used commerically (for profit).

skinnypuppy

Mav/Warner owns the rights to every recording that features Chino's voice

13hourstoparadise

To the creator of this thread, go get 'Just Kidding', it's not copy written.. After speaking with Crook about it last month it's seems to be the only song besides Jaguar only compliled by Crook. But Jaguar was submitted to the rest of the band so that's more than likely going to be on the next album.

bloody_liver