Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodywars9000

Oh christ was i? I really must apologize! Thanx for pointing that out though, really. You know what, i'm about as interested in sifting through his library as i am in researching the process of excrement dissolving. The reason i asked was out of convenience. Truly though, thank you for being so understanding, remind me to ask you next time i need a question about Mike Patton, which will be never. Sorry i insulted your idol, don't take it so personally.

Unless, wait, are you Mike Patton? Damn, okay, i swear THAT was the last question.

sing blue silver

Quote from: bodywars9000 on Jan 04, 2011, 11:51 AM
Yea but from what you just told me, he's a very talented singer, which i don't disagree with, though i don't particularly find it appealing.....
and that he runs an interesting and eclectic record label. OOOOkay....

How does any of that make him a "musical genius"? I'm sorry, thanx for trying, but i'm not convinced. What has HE written, does he compose his own music? If he does, where can i find it, i'll give an honest chance. Even if it's not my style but is very well written and/or performed i'll respect him. Cuuz right now i still don't respect him at all. By the way what are you using to define musical genius?

do you have ears? mike patton is BY FAR one of the most important figures in music of the last 30 years. plus he's done everything under the sun from jazz to metal to hip hop to film scores to sound effects to classical influenced music. you've obviously not done enough research into his work. he's literally done something for everyone and if you can't at least respect the mans achievements you'd have to be completely ignorant or have the worst taste ever.

E-Money

Patton is a great artist.  I just don't like his shit.  At all...

I cant believe Deadmau5 has gotten so big.  His music is boring to me.  So much better electronic music out there. 

Frequency_Chemist

do you have ears? mike patton is BY FAR one of the most important figures in music of the last 30 years. plus he's done everything under the sun from jazz to metal to hip hop to film scores to sound effects to classical influenced music. you've obviously not done enough research into his work. he's literally done something for everyone and if you can't at least respect the mans achievements you'd have to be completely ignorant or have the worst taste ever.
[/quote]

Enough Said.

e

E-Money

Blue October bothers the shit out of me. 

one weak

Frequency_Chemist

Easier question...who isn't Mike Patton? Whether you like him or not Faith No More had a heavy influence on the beginning of funk metal. If you don't like him fine.

one weak

who isn't mike patton? well this could take a while.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: E-Money on Jan 05, 2011, 07:42 AM
Blue October bothers the shit out of me. 
agreed. i've heard one decent song from them, which i promptly got tired of after about a week.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Yup, Blue October is pretty awful.

E-Money

I had to sit thru them at a radio show a couple of years ago. Muse was headlining but Blue October played for a solid hour right b4 them and it was so lame. Lead singer had so much makeup on.

sing blue silver

yeah blue october is just awful. sorry cyndi.

davetonez

Not really aimed at any band in particular, but more aimed at the local scene of where I live. Every band is seriously hardcore, and no, I don't mean cool hardcore punk like Bad Brains or Black Flag. It's all just breakdowns, a couple two-step rhythm's, and some dude screaming. Now, I don't completely hate this kind of music, but it's retarded when you go to a gig and every band does the same thing. We counted 7 breakdowns in one song for one of the bands, no creativity at all.

The mosh pits are retarded as well. Even if I wanted to go inside the venue and watch the band I couldn't because there's a big chance I'll get hit by some hardcore douche "throwing down" and doing fly kicks or whatever and FUCK THAT. I hope this isn't the big thing world wide...

Robotsatemygrandma

For the Beatle's suck guys. White Album. Hands down. I was never a fan till I listened to this bad boy. Helter Skelter, imo, is the birth of punk. But you have to take in account what was being played during that time. What was immediately accessible to the masses? Without the Beatles we wouldn't have what we are hearing today.

Mike Patten? WHo's thAt? lawlzzzz. Some people just don't get it, try, but will never get it. This is seriously one of the most unique musicians living today.

BTW, I cannot stand the Who. They make me want to vomit. No idea why.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 17, 2011, 04:59 AM
Not really aimed at any band in particular, but more aimed at the local scene of where I live. Every band is seriously hardcore, and no, I don't mean cool hardcore punk like Bad Brains or Black Flag. It's all just breakdowns, a couple two-step rhythm's, and some dude screaming. Now, I don't completely hate this kind of music, but it's retarded when you go to a gig and every band does the same thing. We counted 7 breakdowns in one song for one of the bands, no creativity at all.

The mosh pits are retarded as well. Even if I wanted to go inside the venue and watch the band I couldn't because there's a big chance I'll get hit by some hardcore douche "throwing down" and doing fly kicks or whatever and FUCK THAT. I hope this isn't the big thing world wide...

Nope it's just a slowly dying horse.

theis

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Jan 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
BTW, I cannot stand the Who. They make me want to vomit. No idea why.

one weak

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Jan 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
Mike Patten? WHo's thAt? lawlzzzz. Some people just don't get it, try, but will never get it. This is seriously one of the most unique musicians living today.

mike patent?

Hidalgo

just droppin in to bash nickelback real quick. they are light years BEYOND HORRIBLE

i'll see myself out, thanks

bright lights, big city

we can never get enough nickelback hate.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

hating on nickelback is so 2005, but i'd like to say that if someone told me that a lion had infiltrated our society disguised as one of us, I would suspect their vocalist as being the lion.