Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@shaye

Started by goldpony, Jan 12, 2008, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaye

I'm just in a soft cast now and surprisingly there's isn't any pain right now. After Monday, I'm sure I'll have some good shit though.   ;)

I don't really know the logic of putting in screws and then taking them out. I guess they just need them there to put the bone back where it's supposed to be and then once it's healed, they can come out and I can start physical therapy.

Maybe Trey, that super sexxxy military medic can elaborate on this....? LOL.

The surgery is actually very simple, they only cut a small hole. I get about 3 stitches when it's done. Definitely just sucks not being able to do everything I want to do.

Shaye

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 05, 2008, 08:12 PM
That does suck. I can only imagine how easy it must be to get around the city in a chair or on crutches. if you can keep the screws, you should. Then you can give them out to people and say that you screwed them and they have something that was deep inside you ;D

Um, are you implying that you want to get screwed by me?

You don't have to make up a big story about me keeping the screws to give them out to "people". Hahaha. "People" = Goldpony.

Don't run from your feelings.   ;D

White Pwny

Quote from: Shaye on Dec 05, 2008, 06:41 PM
So I was out having dinner last week, wednesday to be exact.

And I was sitting in an area of the restaurant section that you have to take one step up to get into.

So eventually, I had to use the ladies room, and I take a step down out of the area I was in.

The floor is wet, I slip, my foot turns inward...and next thing I know I'm on the floor.

I was carried out with a swollen ankle, praying that it was just a sprain.

I wait about a week, notice that the swelling has not gone down and I cannot walk or put any weight on my left foot.

I make and appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, and get some x-rays.

It is not a sprain. I tore ligaments, and dislocated my ankle completely.

I have to get screws in my ankle on monday and I'm panicking. 

The screws come out in eight weeks, and until then I will not be able to walk.

So I will not be walking until february. It's the only thing I want to do...just walk.

This sucks.    :'(

Awww girl... Im so sorry!   I just now read this!!    That really sucks.    YOu waited a week to get it looked at?!  Dayum!   I am such a baby about bad pain.   You are TOUGH!     I hope you will be feeling better now today since you are going to have it put back in place...   At least you should be getting some drugs in your system!   YAY!   =o)

And Joshy... don't hide what you feel!
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Shaye

So good news...I might be able to walk in a couple of weeks, instead of waiting til February after the 2nd surgery like i had thought.

Bad news...I'm being urged to see a cardiologist. When will this end?

Other than that, since I disappear from time to time i wanted to wish you all Happy and safe Holidays and a Happy New Year if I don't check in before then.

Variable

yeah I just read all this too.  Sorry to hear all of that.

I could have totally told you to go see the DR. way earlier.  The rule for a serious ankle injury is if you can't put any weight on it at the time of the injury.  And can't take any more than 3 steps after a little while.  There are some more parts to all of that.  But that is a good basic go by.  So yeah, a week later and you still couldn't put any weight on it at all.  That's no bueno.

I'm really only good at diagnosing problems and then sending my patients off to someone else to fix them. ( EMT, ER, 1st echelon medic ) but I have picked up a good few things here and there, so I can fake it when I have to ;) .   I really don't know much about ortho though.  Your guess sounded about right though.  They probably just wanted to position your ankle in a neutral position or a position of function so that it would heal properly and still be functional once everything was said and done. 

Why are they telling you to go see a cardiologist?   Your answer should include your blood pressure, sitting heart rate, family history of cardiac events, smoking and drinking history, and yeah, anything else you can think of that is relevant.  Don't worry, I am totally covered by HIPPA.  I wont tell anyone

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Dec 20, 2008, 05:32 PM
yeah I just read all this too.  Sorry to hear all of that.

I could have totally told you to go see the DR. way earlier.  The rule for a serious ankle injury is if you can't put any weight on it at the time of the injury.  And can't take any more than 3 steps after a little while.  There are some more parts to all of that.  But that is a good basic go by.  So yeah, a week later and you still couldn't put any weight on it at all.  That's no bueno.

I'm really only good at diagnosing problems and then sending my patients off to someone else to fix them. ( EMT, ER, 1st echelon medic ) but I have picked up a good few things here and there, so I can fake it when I have to ;) .   I really don't know much about ortho though.  Your guess sounded about right though.  They probably just wanted to position your ankle in a neutral position or a position of function so that it would heal properly and still be functional once everything was said and done. 

Why are they telling you to go see a cardiologist?   Your answer should include your blood pressure, sitting heart rate, family history of cardiac events, smoking and drinking history, and yeah, anything else you can think of that is relevant.  Don't worry, I am totally covered by HIPPA.  I wont tell anyone

The whole cardiologist thing came about when I was on the operating table. Right before they gave me the anesthesia, they were monitoring my heart rate and all that good stuff and noticed an abnormal arythmia. The anesthesiologist was very concerned but the surgeon pretty much chalked it up to nerves. They gave me a shot of lydocane (i think) and it evened out right away and they went about with the surgery with no problems.

So now my ortho surgeon is just urging me to get it checked out, mostly to cover his ass I'm sure. I've never had heart problems or any family history. But of course, they have to check it out. So whatever, I'm not stressing it.

To add to all of this chaos, a deer literally rammed into the rear of my car while I was driving on Christmas. And yesterday, I fell and slightly sprained my one remaining "good" ankle. Thankfully it seems minor, just a little sore but no swelling and I can put weight on it.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the end of 2008. This year has sucked.

Variable

LOL they said "Fuck it" and gave you IV lidocaine and went on with the surgery.  LOL that's pretty ganster right there. We need more doctors with balls.

I obviously have no clue what kind of abnormal heart rhythm they were talking about.  But if they had to use lido to fix it, might be worth getting checked out.

and at ease with destroying your ankles little lady.  Geez, are you going after your knees next ? ;)

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Dec 28, 2008, 08:28 PM
LOL they said "Fuck it" and gave you IV lidocaine and went on with the surgery.  LOL that's pretty ganster right there. We need more doctors with balls.

I obviously have no clue what kind of abnormal heart rhythm they were talking about.  But if they had to use lido to fix it, might be worth getting checked out.

and at ease with destroying your ankles little lady.  Geez, are you going after your knees next ? ;)

Yeah I don't know. My grandfather (who's an MD) doesn't seem very concerned. And the surgeon is sure it's nothing but of course, has to be sure. He spoke over the phone w/ the cardiologist about what happened and he agreed to check me out but also didn't think it seemed like anything serious...so we will see.

Just when I was out of the woods, 2008 gave me one more kick in the ass. I got a bad stomach virus for new years eve and my pans were foiled again. Has anyone ever experienced a stomach virus, when they cannot run, or even walk to the bathroom? Oh my God....

So anyway I'm looking forward to a New Year free of ankle, heart, stomach and deer problems.

I hope all of you had a great holiday and all the best in the new year.

:-*

Shaye

It's snowing here. I'm so fucking bored right now. Nowhere to go, nothing to do. Baaaaahhhh!   >:(

TheWatcher

Quote from: Shaye on Jan 11, 2009, 02:54 AM
It's snowing here. I'm so fucking bored right now. Nowhere to go, nothing to do. Baaaaahhhh!   >:(

where you goooooooooooooooooooooooo!?

bright lights, big city

yeah wtf. snowy nights are perfect for movies. and beer.
tonight was effing sweet
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

TheWatcher

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 11, 2009, 07:39 AM
yeah wtf. snowy nights are perfect for movies. and beer.
tonight was effing sweet

im sick of this snowing were having

and plus by mid week the temp going to be in the single digits

Shaye

I'm sick of the snow too. Only because I'm on crutches and that makes everything a pain in the ass, otherwise I wouldn't care too much.

I would have loved to be drinking beer, but not only can I not carry it out of the store, I lost my I.D., so no one would sell it to me anyway. I look much younger than I am apparently.

So that's why last night sucked.

bright lights, big city

That completely blows. but for some reason, I like winter/snow. Most of the time I prefer because I get to be lazier, where hoodies and jeans everywhere, I love it. But yeah, this week our high temperature is gonna be like 0. that kinda gets rediculous
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: Shaye on Jan 11, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'm sick of the snow too. Only because I'm on crutches and that makes everything a pain in the ass, otherwise I wouldn't care too much.

I would have loved to be drinking beer, but not only can I not carry it out of the store, I lost my I.D., so no one would sell it to me anyway. I look much younger than I am apparently.

Thats when you double the dose on the super great pain meds you should have.  Yup Yup.

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on Jan 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
Quote from: Shaye on Jan 11, 2009, 02:54 PM

Thats when you double the dose on the super great pain meds you should have.  Yup Yup.

Um...they only gave me a script for 20 of them and my surgery was a month ago..so yeah...those are gone...been gone for quite some time.   :'(

Shaye

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 11, 2009, 04:20 PM
That completely blows. but for some reason, I like winter/snow. Most of the time I prefer because I get to be lazier, where hoodies and jeans everywhere, I love it. But yeah, this week our high temperature is gonna be like 0. that kinda gets rediculous

I hear you on that. The highs for this week around NYC average to about 15-20 degrees...and then at night drops down to 5. Brrrr.

mrs_swa

How about a nice bottle of wine and a comfy blanket?
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Shaye

I got the comfy blanket part fo sho!

But the whole wine thing is screwed for me just like the beer. I lost my I.D. so I can't really buy any alcohol. The thing that sucks about losing your I.D. is that you have to go to the dmv to get it back. And I really am not up for that on a good day. LOL.

I'm gonna have to summon some friends to help get me drunk. It's been so long since I've been out for some drinks. I used to go about once a week but I haven't been out since before Thanksgiving   :o   which is crazy! I must say, I'm saving so much money because I've stayed in all this time, so there's an upside after-all.

mrs_swa

the DMV totally sucks!  I would bring ya some alcohol if I were there.
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...