Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The post a photo of your instrument thread

Started by Deftones-argentina, Jan 27, 2008, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

how to best record acoustic guitar on your pc?

sorry for a noob question...  :-[

Deftones-argentina

no problem. you should put a mic ummm...below the guitar's hole. something like this:

(mic)     V
==========         O                     )

whodunit?

I know there is a kind of thing you put on this hole and just put the plug to your computer. you simply turn your acoustic into "electric " guitar.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: whodunit? on Mar 13, 2008, 01:02 AM
I know there is a kind of thing you put on this hole and just put the plug to your computer. you simply turn your acoustic into "electric " guitar.

not that recommendable quality wise. The sound from the plug is ammm...too nosy. If you want more of a real sound, I'd recommend close micking.

Caín

that's not actually my guitar, but the model i have.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Mar 13, 2008, 12:42 AM
no problem. you should put a mic ummm...below the guitar's hole. something like this:

(mic)     V
==========         O                     )

Bwahahahaa! That was some funny shit...

Best way to record acoustic?

Use an acoustic electric, then the power cable would need to connect to a mixer, then from the mixer the analog signal would be encapulated into digital where software could read, re-amplify and record the data...

You know what, I would recommend google.

Alvar

Gibson ES 355

something like this (but black)

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

whodunit?

moonlapse vertigo

^ beautiful <3. i desperately want to learn how to play drums.

the love of my life (not a big fan of locking trem but the tone is great and i got it for a bargain) -

i get all gooey ooey over good instruments.

Crazylegs

I'd like to revive this thread with a thing of beauty:

Sleepymaggie

My tele with Dimarzio Paf pro humbucker and hs2 single coil pickups ( I know what you're thinking but this sound is warmer and deeper than the 2 singlecoils *nod*)
I miss it very very much all of a sudden (amp with a friend in another city and the guitar is at a friends place)

Sold my hands for a dreamers gloves...

defTHE1s

i only have this shit (http://www.youtube.com/user/defthe1s) the acoustic one, the electric Fender is by a cousin... and i'm on my way to get an Gibson SG (or Epiphone) similar to the Gibson Vintage, but black..
and the acoustic i have is a complete bagful of shit, but that's all i have  :'(
it is even broken...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

rainnyx4

Dean Evo Premium.  I've got the Tiger Eye (2nd from right).  Sweet guitar, the only complaint I have with it is that it weighs a ton.  I'd like to get a Gibson SG and some sort of Baritone/7-string monster so I could play some heavier stuff too.  I was planning on getting this until I got laid off a couple months ago, so it has been put on hold:

Sleepymaggie

Sold my hands for a dreamers gloves...

defTHE1s

well, finally i got this on tuesday (yesterday?)... it's the same pack on the image. later i'll post a pic of it also...

it was a gift as birthday...! pretty pretty guitar!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

here you can watch it in full colour (but camera doesn't gives credit to the original color... as nailec said:

and the amp:

ps: any clu of how to reduce the size of pic in the post?

IDAUMAUDAU

VIG Spirit black

Line 6 Pod X3 and M Audio Axiom 25

The minimum to have fun.

Alvar

you got some neat equipment there. nice

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

whodunit?

Quote from: Alvar on Dec 30, 2008, 04:30 PM
you got some neat equipment there. nice

yeah, the computer keyboard  ;D

deftoneskoen

My new Gretsch Renown Purewood, Bubingahttp://chinoisdef.hyves.nl/fotos/429831890/0/3R7n/