Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Have you seen this movie: "Gummo"

Started by st3v3n_g, Feb 01, 2008, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st3v3n_g

For those that haven't, here's some info from Amazon.

For those that have, all I can say is this has to be one of the most twisted, fucked up movies I've ever seen.  The story is fictictious but seeing some of the things that the people do and talk about in it, the type of people that are out there, you know there's things just like that really going on somewhere.  Kinda scary when you think about it.

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

tarkil

Oh, it's from that Guy that made Kids and Bully...
I can imagine it's fucked up then...

Didin't see it though...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

fireflyry

Yeah it is twisted although while I was working at a video store it was a big renter.

Mmmm.....

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

13hourstoparadise

I heard they drown and kill cats in the movie. I could never watch something like that. I love animals and cats esp. I don't even want to think about it.

samson simpson

when the little kid lifts weights (alot of spoons with rubberbands wrapped  around them)and his mom comes in and shows him how to tapdance , is one of the great moments in cinema history.

st3v3n_g

^ lol, yeah.  But this movie is seriously fucked.  I read the director plays the part of the drunken gay guy that's hanging out with and hitting on the black gay midget... The cat killing part is disturbing, they picked the most appropriate type of music playing in the background when they're doing it (some death metal band).  There's too many strays around so there's a guy that owns a small store and has bounties for them, and instead of getting paid with money they ask him for some modeling glue.  For some reason though, I like the audio part and will always laugh at the kids yelling "That shitty ass rabbit stinks!  He smells like...pussy!  He smells like a [don't know what the kid says here].... HE SMELLS, LIKE, A PILE OF BULLSHIT!"

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

samson simpson

haha yea man . If you ever saw the hip-hop movie "Belly" they have a scene where some dude walks in on somebody watching that part and is like wtf.

It wasnt the most disturbing film ive seen, but what makes it bad is some of the footage is really from people in a small town in Ohio i think...

ignore the fashion

Quote from: st3v3n_g on Feb 03, 2008, 05:23 AM
For some reason though, I like the audio part and will always laugh at the kids yelling "That shitty ass rabbit stinks!  He smells like...pussy!  He smells like a [don't know what the kid says here].... HE SMELLS, LIKE, A PILE OF BULLSHIT!"

gummo has to be one of my favorit movies, but in the line you say you dont know what he says, its "he smells like wetback dick"

harmony korine also made another movie called "julien donkey-boy" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192194/) and its just as fucked up as gummo is.

yes, the director (harmony korine) is the guy hitting on the black midget. he not only makes some fucked up movies, but its one fucked up guy himself.

deafnotes

ive red this on david blaine's book. he recommends it.

13hourstoparadise

deafnotes

yah man. i dont know when im gonna watch it.

theis

i watched the tub/spaghetti scene on youtube. i'll never watch this flick.

deafnotes

im watching the bathtub scene on youtube. hehe.

13hourstoparadise

I assume you like the movie Kids?

Fucking amazing, however, the director that also made Wasup Rocker fucking sucks...

I can't believe Casper killed himself in Vegas years ago... River Phoneix all over...