Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I hate the sex pistols....

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Feb 24, 2008, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

untz untz untz

You all are on a deftones forum.  No one expects you to like a legendary band like the sex pistols.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: untz untz untz on Mar 01, 2008, 09:33 PM
You all are on a deftones forum.  No one expects you to like a legendary band like the sex pistols.

Uh, what, please rewrite, I cannot understand what the hell you're talking about.

untz untz untz

You all listen to shitty music.

Moz

Hey welcome to the early eighties, topic starter. You found something out we already knew.

The REAL punk band was the Clash. Listen to their records and be amazed.

fireflyry

I'd have to chuck the Ramones in there.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Moz

Ramones, sure, if thats your style. I dont dig them that much but I can see what they achieved.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Moz on Mar 03, 2008, 09:07 AM
Hey welcome to the early eighties, topic starter. You found something out we already knew.

Sorry I didn't contact you before I started this thread...

The Clash were great... Pre-punk imo.

Moz

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 04, 2008, 10:49 PM
Quote from: Moz on Mar 03, 2008, 09:07 AM

Sorry I didn't contact you before I started this thread...

The Clash were great... Pre-punk imo.

You had me laughing about that contact part. Served me right, I thought.

Then you call Clash pre-punk, even though they started when Sex Pistols got big and the Ramones were already world famous.

Ehhh....

13hourstoparadise

They didn't call themselves punk...

Moz

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 04, 2008, 11:43 PM

They didn't, you are correct, but calling them pre-punk is just wrong. Sex Pistols and Ramones came before them.

Zevaka

Also, as far as this thread came to general punk discussion, i must also mention Television. Another outstanding band of gold punk era. Also, they are not stricly punk rock, they are closer to something prog. But still, historically they belong to punk rock scene. Their Marquee Moon is brilliant (get 2003 remaster version to feel it).

And The Clash. Yea, this band is amazing. As i said in other thread, they are more experimental rather than punk, imho. Especially their later stuff.
Btw, i'm watching their Rude Boy DVD now. Amazing.

tarkil

OK, I don't know shit about the Clash (just know Should I Stay Or Should I Go... :-\ ).

Someone give me an advice about which album to start with please ?
Thanks vm in advance.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Zevaka

I'd recommend Combat Rock. Best later Clash.
Though London Calling is consedered to be their most successful album.
Also Give'em enough Rope, if you want some more punk

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Moz on Mar 05, 2008, 08:44 AM

They didn't, you are correct, but calling them pre-punk is just wrong. Sex Pistols and Ramones came before them.

STFU... Just stop... No one cares about a label...

Change your tampoon... ;)

Moz

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 05, 2008, 09:42 PM

Hey, I dont care about a label either but you started with the whole pre-punk stuff, which was just wrong. Don't be a bitch about it when in the end you are wrong and you just blame it on someone else. That just makes you look dumb.

Anyway, I'd recommend starting with London Calling. There are some fantastic remastered versions out there that'll make hearing this record the best. It's also their most complete record. I love the successor, Sandanista!, to death, but it has so many songs that it's not for everyone.

blondie

sex pistols suck ass.

[/topic]

theis

Quote from: untz untz untz on Mar 01, 2008, 09:33 PM

laaawl

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Moz on Mar 06, 2008, 07:19 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 05, 2008, 09:42 PM

Hey, I dont care about a label either but you started with the whole pre-punk stuff, which was just wrong. Don't be a bitch about it when in the end you are wrong and you just blame it on someone else. That just makes you look dumb.

Anyway, I'd recommend starting with London Calling. There are some fantastic remastered versions out there that'll make hearing this record the best. It's also their most complete record. I love the successor, Sandanista!, to death, but it has so many songs that it's not for everyone.

I thought I told you to shut the fuck up. :)

Moz

Yeah...

Dillinger Escape Plan are pre-mathcore but everyone stfu about it cause I don't wanna hear I got my facts screwed up either!

13hourstoparadise

Mathcore? Fuck, I must be getting old...