Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

nick cave and the bad seeds

Started by theis, Mar 03, 2008, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

pretty shocked that he didn't already had a thread...

this guy's just amazing. what a musical genius.

anyone else love his/their work?

Jizzlobber

well, i first became aware of them through watching movies, been on a lot of movie soundtracks, then i heard the the covers that Metallica did, and ive heard the originals too.

he is very good, i wouldnt listen to him everyday, but he has written some awsome songs! fuckin genius
<

E-Money

i heard one of his songs the other day in a record store. i went up to the owner and asked who was playing and he said nick cave. i thought his music was pretty good.  i wanted to pick up some of his shit today but he has released a lot of music.  which album should i start with?  any suggestions?

bright lights, big city

i just got into recently, specifically after findout out he did the score for the Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford....now Let Love In has been in my car stereo ever since
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kalhan

i'm a noob, is there something you guys can recommend?

theis

Quote from: kalhan on Aug 01, 2008, 04:58 AM
i'm a noob, is there something you guys can recommend?

start with these albums:

let love in
tender prey

An bád dubh

Ive been seeing the guy's name all through my life but he was just one of those names you keep seeing but dont ever check out.

Well, saw a short part of one of his concerts from the TV yesterday, checked a few live videos and now listening to the first track of Let Love In and this guy is just amazing. The guy is a real rock star too. Do You Love Me? is an awesome track as it is, and its the first song of the record. Dayuummnnn.

White Wrist

Quote from: An bád dubh on Aug 05, 2013, 04:57 PM
Ive been seeing the guy's name all through my life but he was just one of those names you keep seeing but dont ever check out.

Well, saw a short part of one of his concerts from the TV yesterday, checked a few live videos and now listening to the first track of Let Love In and this guy is just amazing. The guy is a real rock star too. Do You Love Me? is an awesome track as it is, and its the first song of the record. Dayuummnnn.

the same here, 1 year ago.

Abattoir Blues & The Lyre of Orpheus is amazing.

Push the sky away too.