Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Munky all star band

Started by whodunit?, Mar 06, 2008, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyppe101

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 07, 2008, 05:35 PM
Any semi good guitar player would appreciate Wes and that vid.

Yes.

DakkoN

Wes was the only redeeming factor of LB.  Not to mention Black Light Burns album was actually pretty good.

mr.sinister

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 07, 2008, 05:35 PM
Quote from: mr.sinester on Mar 07, 2008, 03:14 AM
and yes face it, wes borland sucks. that video posted is very unoriginal and uninspired and I don't see anything "cool" about it.

Seriously....all I get from your post is a whine.

Any semi good guitar player would appreciate Wes and that vid.

Get over the LB hate.You just sound like a hater.No offense.

I just don't see why anyone would take him in as a guitar "god".  That video, honestly isn't impressive at all. He really isn't that good at all. Thats just my opinion.

White Wrist

wes is a great guitar player.

nice video

he is good on vox. and good on lyrics. BLB kicks ass!

Jizzlobber

Wes Borland is teh shit!!! i just ignore when people say he sucks. he was the highest level of talent in LB, and his portrait art is fucking sick!!
<

fireflyry

Quote from: mr.sinester on Mar 08, 2008, 01:29 AM
I just don't see why anyone would take him in as a guitar "god".  That video, honestly isn't impressive at all. He really isn't that good at all. Thats just my opinion.

Fair enough and I have no problem with anyone expressing opinion but saying "Face it, Wes Borland sucks" is an incorrect statement any fan of his with guitar experience would object to.

Thats why he's rocking the gat and you and me are typing words on the interwebs.

I agree he's certainly no guitar "god" but after seeing LB live a few years back I have the up most respect for all the musicians in that band, excluding Fred Durst, as they would be one of the tightest 3 pieces I've ever seen play live and the dude is a demon with effect use.

I just get the feeling your not into him or his music as opposed to having any actual knowledge about his skill level on guitar and it's just a pet hate for me to see people hate on music and musicians when really it's just not their cup of tea.

Still each to their own and if you ever get the chance to see him play live I'd check it out as I think you may be pleasantly surprised.I was.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

sixner

im interested in hearing this...

IMO, Korn died when Head left... which, btw.. just read his book. Thought it was pretty cool myself.

Wes Borland is great. I'm not gonna praise him to be some uber-guitarist... but, he is good and interesting.

-Six

kalhan

wes borland sucks how?

he's innovative, anyone who'd disagree with that is probably unaware of his 5 string baritone, it's a pretty cool concept in itself.

he just gets a lot of shit because he was a part of limp bizkit. and i still don't get the limp bizkit hatred, it's like the sign of music's greatest conformity... okay, fred durst's vocals weren't always the best, his raps aren't like zack's... okay, so he's the a&r at interscope, so what? limp bizkit isn't a punk band goddamnit. if you stop listening to your creed cds and pay attention a little more you'll see that limp bizkit was comprised of some really awesome talent, including fred durst, yes. i said he's talented. he came up with some really good lyrics back with 3 dollar bill.

wes is fucking sick, he wrote some really kickass riffs, if you fail to see that JUST because he was in limp bizkit you should go get fucked. stop listening to music.

uhm... yeah... really looking forward to this one. although, all of munky's work post head-leaving-korn has sucked... other than the guitar parts on "open up" from syotos.

Jacob

no, actually Limp Bizkit always sucked. they had talent (all except for Fred Durst) and potential but they never used it fully. and I'd like to say that it was mostly Fred Durst's fault. if they would have gone with a better singer they could've been a great band.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Jizzlobber

I agree with that, if LB had a singer that wasnt a control freak with bad ideas, they could have been brilliant.
<

mr.sinister

Okay, I see were all of you are coming from. Sorry I offended any of you but I go on Youtube and I saw some comments about him being a guitar God and some people comparing him to Petrucci and Satriani and I was like wait a minute. I have listened to some BLB and I used to be into LB back in the day, but I never heard any form of virtuostic playing so to compare him to the greats is kinda stupid. And I know none of you said anything like that, so I am sorry. I guess I was just a bit mad atm.

And agreed to Limp Bizkit being much better if they didn't have Durst as a frontman. All of them should get together and jam without Fred.

ignore the fashion

from wes himself, part of a blog he posted on the black light burns myspace

Quote from: Wes BorlandAlso, I'm not in Munky from Korn's new band. I played on 2 songs, and am doing the artwork, but I'm not in the band and apparently there was a press release that I was told made it sound like I'm a member. The only band I'm in is Black Light Burns. Kapeesh?

kalhan

jizzlobber, what bad ideas would those be?

aenemic, fred durst's fault how?

deathblow

Billy gould eh... hmmm. ill give this a listen when its out, but i aint holding my breath by any stretch

wes borland is overrated,

fireflyry

Quote from: kalhan on Mar 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
and i still don't get the limp bizkit hatred, it's like the sign of music's greatest conformity...

100% agree.

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Mar 18, 2008, 01:38 AM
from wes himself, part of a blog he posted on the black light burns myspace

Quote from: Wes BorlandAlso, I'm not in Munky from Korn's new band. I played on 2 songs, and am doing the artwork, but I'm not in the band and apparently there was a press release that I was told made it sound like I'm a member. The only band I'm in is Black Light Burns. Kapeesh?

Cheers for the heads up man.

Quote from: mr.sinester on Mar 17, 2008, 11:30 PM
Okay, I see were all of you are coming from. Sorry I offended any of you but I go on Youtube and I saw some comments about him being a guitar God and some people comparing him to Petrucci and Satriani and I was like wait a minute. I have listened to some BLB and I used to be into LB back in the day, but I never heard any form of virtuostic playing so to compare him to the greats is kinda stupid. And I know none of you said anything like that, so I am sorry. I guess I was just a bit mad atm.

And agreed to Limp Bizkit being much better if they didn't have Durst as a frontman. All of them should get together and jam without Fred.

It's all good bro and you have made some great posts here.

Like I say I just hate haters especially when it comes to music.If I dislike a band or musician I just don't listen to it and I refuse to post dislike (unless it's the "band's you hate thread") of said artist on the internet.There are so many countless better things to do imo, like post support of the bands you do like or search for more.....and pRon.

Reminds me of peeps on YouTube that search out the bands they hate only to post how much they hate them.....lolzypopz.

Anyway it's all good and like I said if you ever get the chance check out Wes live do it.

Peace.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Slacker

munky on vocals?

i dont know man

kalhan

that's what i wanna hear! him sing!

i have a feeling it won't be all the bad. although, he never did any backup singing for korn.