Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Musical Brochure

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2008, 03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justaphase

Hey Everyone,
Hope All Is Well.

so I started this new promotional scheme that i want everyone to be apart of, i've thought long and hard about the whole thing and spoken to my roommates about it and i've gotten nothing but positive feedback for the idea.

what i've created is a zip file that includes an excerpt from the film network, a mix playlist of a bunch of artists i enjoy and want to spread the word about, lyrics to the songs, artwork from the cd, and a last fm weblink to the artists page that has more music and a brief summary of the artists.

I'm calling the mixtpes 'The Musical Brochure'
to download the first Volume click the link below
The Musical Brochure Volume I

1. Intro- Network Film (1:40)
2. Air- Run (4:15)
3. dredg- Triangle (5:04)
4. Faith No More- From Out Of Nowhere (3:22)
5. Blonde Redhead- Spring and By Summer Fall (4:16)
6. Porcupine Tree- Normal (7:08)
7. Animal Collective- Leaf House (2:43)
8. Radiohead- Recknor (4:50)
9. TV on the Radio- Province (4:37)
10. Björk- Bachelorette (5:21)
11. Queens of the Stone Age- Misfit Love (5:40)
12. 65daysofstatic- Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here (4:19)
13. Minus The Bear- Throwin' Shapes (2:47)
14. Frank Zappa- Don't Eat The Yellow Snow (2:09)
15. Solar Powered People- Awhile (4:30)
16. M83- Moon Child (4:38)

they are in both mp3 and m4a format i'm working on keeping all files one format mp3 which is the most used. the next volume i'll work on keeping it one format.

to listen to the mixtape track by track make a new playlist on your itunes or media player, drag songs 1-16 to the players playlist. for itunes right click album and play by track number.

i will be creating a mixtape each week with the same format lyrics, artwork and links also in the next mixtape i'm gonna recruit some local and independent artists i'm gonna get their art out by displaying it as the artwork for the cover of the mixtape of that week. i'll post links to their flickr, deviantart or myspace.

in the near future i will not be giving these songs out for free i will be creating a playlist or a blog that lets you hear the songs but not download them, that's if this promotional scheme works out.

my motive is to promote bands, local artists and poetry that i think deserves the recognition.

i hope you guys enjoy it.
some feedback and reposting will be a great help to get this going.

blessings,
jerry.
http://www.myspace.com/jerrysalazar

E-Money

I think its a great idea!!!