Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Musical Brochure

Started by justaphase, Mar 24, 2008, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justaphase

The Musical Brochure Volume 2.

This Week's Mixtape touches many different dynamics from ambient sounds to fast noise rock tempos. Including bands like Kinky which on Tuesday i went to go see at the The Mayan Theater in Downtown Los Angeles they in seconds turned the aztec designed venue into what the mexicans call the 'DISCOTECA'. Others on the Mixtape include local acts such as, That Noise; an electronic rock outfit from Los Angeles, California and Woven which actually the Lead Singer of That Noise use to provide the low end for. Another local act is IDM and Electronic Producer/ Programmer Daedelus who digs into genres such as jazz, dub, hip-hop, and down tempo. This mixtape will lead you through different moods, everywhere and anywhere starting from that nice quiet spring day to that saturday night romantic dinner with your lover and also to mention the P.G.M.G. tracks Mr. Club & All Medicated Geniuses are individual tracks off of 'The New Romance, i joined them to fit the mixtape. i hope you enjoy my second volume of the Musical Brochure

Musical Brochure Vol. 2 (16 Songs/ 1:00:50/ 88.7 mb)

1. Opitope- A White Cloth Falling From The Snow Branches feat. An Excerpt from JFKonMLK (1:46)
2. Oceansize- One Day This All Could Be Yours (4:20)
3. Balmorhea- San Solomon (3:45)
4. Kinky- Ejercicio No. 16 (4:22)
5. Golden- Feel This Flow (5:28)
6. Daedelus- At My Heels (3:21)
7. Death From Above 1979- Do It! (Live) (2:30)
8. That Noise- What's Really Going On (3:37)
9. Jaga Jazzist- Airborne (5:13)
10. Ben Kenney- Wrong (3:00)
11. Four Tet- She Moves She (4:42)
12. Pixies- Tame (1:56)
13. Pretty Girls Make Graves- Mr. Club/ All Medicated Geniuses (4:12)
14. Woven- Tesion (4:00)
15. cLOUDDEAD- Son of a Gun (5:47)
16. King Crimson- Book of Saturday (2:56)

Featured Artists:

The Musical Brochure Album art was taken by Mayra Lara with her beloved poloraid camera. she captured a shadow and a tree and it's leaves, to me the simplicity is wonderful; the art of simpliticy, more of her art is inside the zip file under '05 Featured Artists' and links to her myspace.

Download:

For Mac Users:

Download from Mediafire

For Windows XP/2000/Vista Users:

Dowload from Mediafire\

For past volumes look at the blog archive

sixner

props for the oceansize and ben kenney  ;D