Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hella good: Zach Hill’s debut record buoyed by No Age, Chino Moreno, etc

Started by lxix, Apr 20, 2008, 02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxix

QuoteHella good: Zach Hill's debut record buoyed by No Age, Chino Moreno, Marnie Stern, Primus and LCD

Astrological Straights, the debut solo album from Zach Hill, has been the subject of much interstellar meddling, the drummer calling in half a decade or so's worth of favours to assemble a great collaborative cast.

Among those featuring on the record are Hella bandmates old (Jonathan Hischke) and current (Carson McWhirter, Josh Hill), while Team Sleep comrade and Deftones man Chino Moreno drifts in, presumably to contribute his fantastic throat. Marnie Stern's there too, presumably widdling away into oblivion, while the No Age boys, Primus man Les Claypool, Tyler Pope of !!! and LCD Soundsystem and Rx Bandit Steve Borth all weigh in with their contributions.

Astrological Straights arrives, with what you'd imagine to be one of the heaviest cover booklets compiled in recent months, on August 26th through Ipecac (US).

You've heard about the guests, here are the songs:

'Iambic Strays'
'Toll Road'
'Street People'
'Dark Art'
'Keep Calm and Carry On'
'Hindsight is Nowhere'
'Ummer'
'Stoic Logic'
'Uhuru'
'Momentum'
'Unseen Forces'
'Tick On'
'Astrological Straits'
'Necromancer' *

* = bonus track

Just incase this hasn't been posted before... but sorry if it has!!

wither-I

OMFG. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. i just creamed myself repeatedly.... this made my day. better yet my life.
zach hill is all that is good and divine.  and look at those guests  :o :D
fuuuuuuuucking les claypool! steve borth! this cant be real
FAR OUT

this could well be one of "those" albums. it could change EVERYthing

bless bless! bless!

sooooooo, let me know when it leaks so i can steal it...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

schm1dty

Zach's part of church gone wild chirpin hard was insane, loved it. great for when youre driving. This album looks saweet tho , some great collabos yo

deftoneskoen

Mikey

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.