Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

hope for another brutal songs.

Started by pony_01, Apr 26, 2008, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

actually i dont want deftones to make another adrenaline or atf, i just need a fresh-aggresive and heavy as hell songs from new deftones!
i know they are growing old, but i believe they could give us some "mature-poetic-experimental" brutal songs.
they can do it, cuz they are deftones.
but even if they did another atf or adrenaline, i'd love to hear that.
lol
and yes, pink cellphone and lucky SHOULDN'T be on deftones record.
its fits on teamsleep.

pony_01

teenager, minerva, bqad = brutal songs?

fuck no.
they are too beautiful to become brutal.

compare it with
teething, head up, lotion, RATS, RAPTURE.
that's brutal.

rainnyx4

Quote from: pony_01 on Apr 30, 2008, 08:33 PM
actually i dont want deftones to make another adrenaline or atf, i just need a fresh-aggresive and heavy as hell songs from new deftones!
i know they are growing old, but i believe they could give us some "mature-poetic-experimental" brutal songs.
they can do it, cuz they are deftones.
but even if they did another atf or adrenaline, i'd love to hear that.
lol
and yes, pink cellphone and lucky SHOULDN'T be on deftones record.
its fits on teamsleep.

They should put those songs wherever they like.  I honestly believe that those songs sound good just where they are.  I mean, plenty of Team Sleep songs could've fit just as well on a Deftones record.  The weird electronic stuff is just as much a part of Deftones as any of their other elements.

ignore the fashion

for me deftones can be sumed up in 3 words.

style, emotion, and grace.

i kill for fun

i think a big reason why they toned down is becasue of frank and his atmospheric additions to the heavy riffs. I mean adrenaline and ATF didnt really have much from him and they had the most hardest songs according to pony 01 and most other people, so it kinda makes sense.
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Starz

I don't know about that. WGTB is quite a heavy tune and you can just about hear Frank's sample action in that song which sits quite low in the mix but I guess it had to.

ALightOn

there are some "nice" songs on SNW, but the heaviest would have been Buffalo, at LEAST in its Demo form without the lyrics...

i kill for fun

Quote from: Starz on May 08, 2008, 09:49 AM
I don't know about that. WGTB is quite a heavy tune and you can just about hear Frank's sample action in that song which sits quite low in the mix but I guess it had to.

yea that is an exception...another one would also be Korea becasue i don't think the heaviness would have been pulled off as well if frank had not had added that belowing swishy swirly(can't really descibe it better) effect behind stefs verse riff...i think this was one of the rare instances of sound combinations that could capture that heaviness

wither-I

what about mein. its a pretty brutal song guys

"coming into the nearness of distance"

cast so cool

Brutal compared to... what exactly?

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Its a heavy and fast riff but the song overall fails to rip your face off at any point like the others that have been suggested as "brutal."

i kill for fun

Quote from: ALightOn on May 08, 2008, 01:06 PM
there are some "nice" songs on SNW, but the heaviest would have been Buffalo, at LEAST in its Demo form without the lyrics...
an exception to this or rather an equivelant would be the end of beware..this is the only instance on SNW where stefs detuned sound is unrestrained by chino's guitar...fuckin sick ass shit

dvs

Every song of the Deftones is great, but Lotion always gets me pumped up really bad. I hope for some of that clean, heavy shit on the next album.