Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Frank's Blog At Blacklodges.com

Started by Inkblades, May 13, 2008, 07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

http://blacklodges.com/fire/author/frank-delgado

"For little over 8 months we've been working hard in our studio. 7 days a week for the most part. Jamming, writing, bullshitting, playing internet poker and of course LOST. The TV show that is. We started recording 2 weeks ago. If we keep working at this pace we will soon leave this island we have created for ourselves. No rush, we just put the bar in. Already popular between songs. Least there's no polar bears, black smoke or some lil shit like Benjamin Linus to make us wanna leave our island. That was the last season.... I mean record."

great news. it's exciting to hear that things are going well. i think they are going to give us a very special record. plus now we have TWO blogs to watch.  :D

lnkjuice

"That was the last (...) record." ???
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

Inkblades

He's referencing the turmoil they went through making SNW.

Bayle

Yes, I can imagine

Starz

I think it's just an overhead mic for the ride cymbal...

samson simpson

Quote from: Starz on May 13, 2008, 09:29 AM

wrong.

Abe IS backing the lead vocals in this album.

Its going to be a mix of whiny Axel Rose grooves meshing with Barry White / Teddy Pendergrass type celestial harmonies. He will be the front runner of all new grooves to come.

Bayle

I thought so to, but I was not completely sure. Would be cool if he did (not sure if he can sing but still).
Yes, I can imagine

White Wrist

Starz

Quote from: samson simpson on May 13, 2008, 09:37 AM

wrong.

Abe IS backing the lead vocals in this album.

Its going to be a mix of whiny Axel Rose grooves meshing with Barry White / Teddy Pendergrass type celestial harmonies. He will be the front runner of all new grooves to come.

Mate, zoom into the photo and look at the postioning of the mic stand... if he was singing why the fuck would they put it OVER the ride cymbal?

The downfall of the internetz, you can never fully understand when an internet person is using sarcasm...

Hidalgo

Hidalgo

Quote from: Inkblades on May 13, 2008, 07:10 AM

"For little over 8 months we’ve been working hard in our studio. 7 days a week for the most part. Jamming, writing, bullshitting, playing internet poker and of course LOST. The TV show that is. We started recording 2 weeks ago. If we keep working at this pace we will soon leave this island we have created for ourselves. No rush, we just put the bar in. Already popular between songs. Least there’s no polar bears, black smoke or some lil shit like Benjamin Linus to make us wanna leave our island. That was the last season…. I mean record."

great news. it's exciting to hear that things are going well. i think they are going to give us a very special record. plus now we have TWO blogs to watch.  :D

does it look like Stephen is finger tapping in this picture to anyone else? or is that just wishfull thinking on my part?

Corleone

rainnyx4

Quote from: Hidalgo on May 13, 2008, 12:44 PM

"For little over 8 months we’ve been working hard in our studio. 7 days a week for the most part. Jamming, writing, bullshitting, playing internet poker and of course LOST. The TV show that is. We started recording 2 weeks ago. If we keep working at this pace we will soon leave this island we have created for ourselves. No rush, we just put the bar in. Already popular between songs. Least there’s no polar bears, black smoke or some lil shit like Benjamin Linus to make us wanna leave our island. That was the last season…. I mean record."

does it look like Stephen is finger tapping in this picture to anyone else? or is that just wishfull thinking on my part?

No, it definitely does!  Also, I have the same shirt as Abe only in red.

wither-I

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on May 13, 2008, 12:44 PM

No, it definitely does!  Also, I have the same shirt as Abe only in red.
he definitly is! booya

"coming into the nearness of distance"

rainnyx4

Even though he is tapping in that pic, I doubt there will be any sort of metal tapping going on on the record (though maybe some weird tapping sounds in songs).  They're probably just screwing around in that pic.

el perro

has frank used a laptop before? and also does that look like steph might be on keyboard again?

wither-I

ignore the fashion

pretty sweet pictures, i can't wait to hear something... anything.... just a snippet... whatever it may be of a new song

wither-I

Quote from: ignore the fashion on May 14, 2008, 12:57 AM
pretty sweet pictures, i can't wait to hear something... anything.... just a snippet... whatever it may be of a new song
remember that minute long video that leaked on youtube awhile back (i think it was rumors) and had them playing a mogwai-esque little riff and it was either chino or stef on bass or something. not too clear but i would def love to hear ANYTHING like that or whatever... it couldnt hurt them to do it. i think they need to connect with the fans a little more. other bands do this stuff all the time.