Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gojira!

Started by wither-I, May 28, 2008, 04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I saw them some days ago in Stockholm. you're in for a treat.

the place was sold out and it was a long ass queue before we got it, so I missed the first minutes of the show. but the rest was fucking awesome. they played stuff from their entire catalogue and not too many new songs. about 1 hour and 20 mins. could easily have been longer, and I would've loved hearing From The Sky, Where Dragons Dwell and A Sight To Behold. but other than that, they were on top of their game and sounded amazing. pretty much a perfect performance.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

sing blue silver

Quote from: theis on Oct 30, 2012, 06:40 PM
Seeing these dudes live on Friday.

You're in for a treat my friend. They're an amazing live band.

Sett

I've been obsessed with "From Mars to Sirius" recently. Can't stop listening to it.

theis

The concert was fucking awesome. My neck hurts so bad, haha.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Sett on Oct 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
Pretty damn good band. Discovered them recently but they are turning to be one of my favorites.
I was looking for something new to me and I remembered that Abe often was wearing shirts of them and even mentioned them on interviews, so I decided to give'm a check. Donwloaded their entire catalog but only 4 months ago I started listening to them and how amazed I was!
And now, excited of the new album too.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Diplo

theis

Loving the new song.

Probably my most anticipated album this year. Best live metal band out there and generally one of my top favorites in music. GOJIRA.

Diplo

I try to contain my expectation but it's really hard. They are always so fucking on point, in every shows or in every album . It's just insane !

Anyway, I love the new one. It's like a mix between From Mars To Sirius and The Link.

Freedomsoldier17

this song has the groove Chino said doomed user had

Freedomsoldier17

Diplo

They have never disappointed me.

only pieces remain

amazing band and new track

WickedBreath

Stranded was quite bland-sounding at first but grew on me, even if the main riff feels a bit irritating and unimaginative still. The climax with the clean vocals is mesmerizing though.

Silvera, on the other hand, is a very different story. That one grabbed me right away and as much as I try to not listen to it too much before the albums drops, I've found it very hard to resist. Such an infectious blend of groove and melody right there, sounding just like them while committing to the philosophy of more straightforward arrangements, as expected.

theis

! No longer available

Thoughts on the new song?

It's definitely a drastic departure, but I dig it. Very atmospheric.

Sounds like a mix between Tool and Mastodon.

theis

Yeah, I've heard mixed things. I'm waiting for the official release. Not gonna lay down my judgment on some 192kbps leak.

I'm optimstic about the record, though!

Diplo

It's exactly like "L'enfant Sauvage". More groovy, less growls, less rythmic changes etc..... They took this direction in 2012 so don't expect anything else.

I like it but it's just the first listen.

theis

Listened to it a few times now and I really like it. Sure, it's not as heavy as previous releases, but it still packs a punch.

"The Cell" is pretty fucking amazing. Love that song.

LG95

I love this record so much.
I could float here forever

LG95

Bumping the thread because I was listening to the latest record (as I have been regularly since it came out) and I think these guys are the best metal band on planet earth right now.
I could float here forever

Seven

Quote from: LG95 on Jun 06, 2017, 11:20 PM
Bumping the thread because I was listening to the latest record (as I have been regularly since it came out) and I think these guys are the best metal band on planet earth right now.

First appolonia is the best thing ever...and now...

Lg95=