Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

fuck Gansta Rap, Marilyn Manson, and Neglectful parents. I blame Red Bull.

Started by Variable, Jun 06, 2008, 07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

In March, The Journal of American College Health published a report on the link between energy drinks, athletics and risky behavior. The study's author, Kathleen Miller, an addiction researcher at the University of Buffalo, says it suggests that high consumption of energy drinks is associated with "toxic jock" behavior, a constellation of risky and aggressive behaviors including unprotected sex, substance abuse and violence.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/27/healthscience/27well.php

I cant even believe some of the stupid shit they come up with these days.  I mean on the one hand, most guys I know in the military drink shit tons of energy drinks.  And usually marines have more A type - risk taking personalities.  However then I think about this past season of the hills.  And every one of those girls was downing red bulls like there was a cock at the bottom of the can.  And I doubt im going to be seeing LC driving a bull dozer through a police station any time soon. 

It just blows my mind that someone would even be allowed to publish such an idiotic article.

tarkil

QuoteThe finding doesn't mean the drinks cause bad behavior. But the data suggest that regular consumption of energy drinks may be a red flag for parents that their children are more likely to take risks with their health and safety. "It appears the kids who are heavily into drinking energy drinks are more likely to be the ones who are inclined toward taking risks," Miller said.

Try again Trey.... :)

PS and disclaimer :
That's nearly all I read from the article...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

yeah that's my point.  The info is 100% inconclusive.  But now all kinds of parents are going to freak the fuck out every time their high schooler comes home with an energy drink. 

tarkil

OK, that's 1 point for you then, and I do agree...

I tend to not care about that, there are so many similar faggottries : video games, black metal, etc.
It's so ridiculous it bores me asleep...
Honestly people who give any credit to that are so dumb that they don't deserve anything more than me not giving a shit...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

I guess it just bugs me to think about some fat, useless, and completely bored mom somewhere in middle America watching this story on the 9:00 news and gasping right before she says " oh Jesus help me, Johnny was just drinking one of those before school this morning"

So I guess actually its really just stupid people who dont fucking think at all who bug me.

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Jun 06, 2008, 08:19 AM
I guess it just bugs me to think about some fat, useless, and completely bored mom somewhere in middle America watching this story on the 9:00 news and gasping right before she says " oh Jesus help me, Johnny was just drinking one of those before school this morning"

totally idiotic.
it scares me how people can be so naive and credulous. there are tons of these examples in Lithuania, where I live, too.
all the haze, mass media controls people.

Fireal1222

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

yeah I was just talking about that last night ( obviously this article struck a nerve ) About how schools were reporting bad behavior and lower testing scores by students who drink energy drinks.  I was like, Well they were drinking their monster because they were high as fuck and they needed to be able to stay awake during class.  That's why their fucking scores were low...........sounded better then.

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

yeah because a mochafrapacaramelfructose15 shots of espresso is waaaaayyy better

Fireal1222

i dont and won't drink energy drinks or coffee. both are bad for you

anyway. i always blame shitty parenting for kids doing bad things or growing up and being nuts.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

yeah, for sure parenting for the most part and also social and environmental issues too.

But I find it strange that you ( as most of us know your better habbits ) would not try energy drinks for health issues.  Im not even 100% convinced that the low carb - low sugar drinks are bad for you.

Oldnewtype

i drink lots of coffee and lots of energy drinks and i as much as i really wish they made me more likely to perform risky or sexually pleasing activities, they don't. all they do is make you awake and annoying to others.

Variable

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 08, 2008, 01:23 AM
i drink lots of coffee and lots of energy drinks and i as much as i really wish they made me more likely to perform risky or sexually pleasing activities, they don't. all they do is make you awake and annoying to others.
lol, great post.

goldpony

theres a new "anti-energy" drink coming out called Drank. it contains melotonin, rose hips and valerian...jesus, its like legal uppers and downers nowadays.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

lol sick, I gota get some.

Sometimes I drink a red bull, and I just black out.  Then the next day I wake up and get on SL and realize that I spent all night making really mean coments to people :(  melotonin to the rescue!

Oldnewtype

thats what i do when i get drunk.

last time i got wasted on the computer i sent a girl a message saying i was going to "mercilessly fuck her till she can't even breathe"

she didnt think it was as hot as i did.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 13, 2008, 02:03 PM
thats what i do when i get drunk.

last time i got wasted on the computer i sent a girl a message saying i was going to "mercilessly fuck her till she can't even breathe"

she didnt think it was as hot as i did.
LoL pure brilliance!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

yeah but at least he wasn't drinking any energy drinks.  Otherwise he might have actually done  it. 

Oldnewtype

I've had enough coffee now im pretty sure my dick has shrunk down enough to fit through the internet, so i might do that.