Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bear Grylls Man Vs Wild

Started by samson simpson, Jun 08, 2008, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samson simpson

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

rainnyx4

lithium

hell yeah les stroud is the man
💩

samson simpson

its all a racket

like any network would pay for those fools insurance

atleast Grylls eats dead already in the process of decaying shit

shroud bringsa jar of peanut butter  everywhere he fuckin goes
lame

and fireal , why not just delete the thread and make your own  instead of taking time to edit the header?
douche

devilinside

Quote from: samson simpson on Jun 10, 2008, 01:52 AM
its all a racket

*gags*

Corleone

I enjoy this show, i've only seen it a couple times though  :-\

Fireal1222

Quote from: samson simpson on Jun 10, 2008, 01:52 AM
its all a racket

like any network would pay for those fools insurance

shroud bringsa jar of peanut butter  everywhere he fuckin goes
lame

and fireal , why not just delete the thread and make your own  instead of taking time to edit the header?
douche

your acting like a little GRYLL

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

goldpony

the problem i have with these shows is that their not totally real. its well reported that grylls will go to a hotel after shooting for the day. and they both have big crews nearby if anything goes wrong. i dont doubt their skills, but i would like to see them actually do t just them and a camera.

btw, stroud bringing peanut butter is quite smart. the best way to survive in the wild is to plan ahead
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

White Pwny

*swoons* when you talk all knowledgeable like that.     ;D
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

goldpony

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 10, 2008, 05:25 AM
*swoons* when you talk all knowledgeable like that.     ;D

boy scouts FTW
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 10, 2008, 05:21 AM
the problem i have with these shows is that their not totally real. its well reported that grylls will go to a hotel after shooting for the day. and they both have big crews nearby if anything goes wrong. i dont doubt their skills, but i would like to see them actually do t just them and a camera.

btw, stroud bringing peanut butter is quite smart. the best way to survive in the wild is to plan ahead

Kinda like that bear dude that did all his stuff by himself and the last recording you hear him getting eaten by the bear....twas AWSHUM!!!!!!!

lithium

man vs wild's theme song is way cooler
💩

Fireal1222

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jizzlobber

Jesus. This guy must get paid a LOT to do this stuff. My gosh, what a fucking animal!
<

Variable

yeah man.  Its all just an entertainment factor.  Like anyone would really have that much survival knowledge off the top of their heads. 

But as far as peanut butter goes.  Its not a bad idea.  But usually your survival ration is supposed to be something that taste really bad.  That way you dont eat it just because you get hungry.  You are only going to eat it if it means life and death.  I love peanut butter, so it would be a really bad survival ration for me.  A can of sardines would suit me better.  I cant stand the taste or smell.  But they are packed with nutrients and I would only eat them if it meant saving my life. 

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Jun 16, 2008, 02:51 PM

yeah man.  Its all just an entertainment factor.  Like anyone would really have that much survival knowledge off the top of their heads. 

But as far as peanut butter goes.  Its not a bad idea.  But usually your survival ration is supposed to be something that taste really bad.  That way you dont eat it just because you get hungry.  You are only going to eat it if it means life and death.  I love peanut butter, so it would be a really bad survival ration for me.  A can of sardines would suit me better.  I cant stand the taste or smell.  But they are packed with nutrients and I would only eat them if it meant saving my life. 

for me, it would a pemican bar. it doesnt taste that bad but its like 20 pounds of food condensed into a 4 oz bar. it fills you up real quick
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

sounds good to me.  Never heard of that before

I was called "snack pack" by the marines on my team in Afghanistan ( affectionately of course ) Because I ALWAYS had something to eat in my pack.  All these hard ass marines were like " baa who needs it, you should be able to go without eating for years and still be able to kill the enemy"  So im like yeah ok ::)  and yeah, I got hit up for food almost every patrol.  I always brought the saltiest part of a MRE, a couple mini slim jims in my drop pouch for a quick fix, and like 3 survival rations for the dummies around me who didn't bring any. As the medic its really not my job to hump around peoples food for them.  Its my job to teach them what will happen if their sodium levels get too low.  But these guys took such good care of me that I didn't really mid.  I just wrote it off as more medical equipment.