Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Converstations with Todd...

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Jun 18, 2008, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

At time I was working for Microsoft - I was chatting with Todd via email regarding a lot of things. Unfortunately, I was fired because I took other job interviews during my lunch break. We had some exciting conversations, much of which described the recording sessions in Woodinville, WA with Terry Date - I live near the area and know the house/studio... Anyway, I'm now working for a new company whose largest customer is Microsoft so I'll be able to reach the exchange server and retrieve our emails soon. I'll post them here when I get my credentials back...

Soon I hope.

If you haven't checked out http://2008.teamsleep.net do so...

New songs added:

ACOUSTIC ONE (EXTENDED VERSION)
SCARF BITCH
TENNIS
OAK PARK
LIBERACE
HEADHUNTER
FORMANT
ICEACHE
CAMBODIA
LETS GO
DEATH BY PLANE
KOOLADE
MERCEDES

13hourstoparadise

Shit, the email were not saved on the exchange server.... Nevermind, you can delete this thread. Sorry guys.

Slacker

hell i was looking forward to that

Inkblades

That's a shame. Can you recall any of what was said in the e-mails?

13hourstoparadise

Todd talked about eating really good seafood on the pier in Seattle. Other things the whole crew did while in Seattle. I can't recall the places, but he did say it was the best seafood he ever had!

He had some really cool things to say about Mary Timothy, he does think she is a little strange however.

I recall him stating that he hates playing power chords, and I was suprised to hear that he actually prefers to play standard tuning. I think the best songs he has wrote came from drop D tuning. He does not play drop C.

We starting talking about tattoo shops in the Seattle area, I mentioned one artist that worked on me named Dwight B. Dwight has done a lot of flyers for Deftones' back in the day, a lot of stuff he contributed to Adrenaline and ATF (artistly). Todd told me about the time Chino and him met Dwight in Sacromento. Chino ran into him skating one hot summer day, they were around the age of 16. Chino ended up buying Todd and Dwight Taco Bell. They all became friends since, well, Todd and Chino were friends before 16, I think he said around 13 or so.

My Own Summer was wrighten at Studio X in Seattle, Chino put tinfoil on the windows while the weather was insanly hot for the northwest.

I really wish I still had the emails... If I think of anything else I'll post it.

You can read, "my night with team sleep" on my myspace page. www.myspace.com/13hourstoparadise

Slacker

13hourstoparadise

13hourstoparadise

13hourstoparadise

It's nice to be tall so I can take these pictures without having to stand on a stack of phone books.