Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Frank Miller

Started by bright lights, big city, Jul 15, 2008, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

for any news or love for Sin City, its sequels, 300, and The Spirit

which is why i'm posting right now...
teaser trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thespirit/large.html
new trailer: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/new-disappointing-trailer-for-the-spirit-gets-leaked.php

looks kind of bizarre, yet brilliant. cant wait.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

300 wasn't even watchable for me.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 15, 2008, 09:44 PM

I fell asleep watching it.  Sin City was sweet though, and The Spirit looks promising.

Paint Your Lips

What the hell? - No love for 300??? I thought it was amazing.

Anyways, The Spirit could be really cool ... Or totally fail.

bright lights, big city

saw the trailer again for that before Dark Knight, looks pretty good...but I also saw this gem of a trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/med.html  Will Eisner's WATCHMEN directed by the guy who did 300

the smashing pumpkins song if fucking perfect for this...amazing
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

i hated 300. awful, awful movie.

sin city was great.

i'm a biggest fan of his batman novels. he definitely made the greatest batman novels ever (year one and the dark knight returns FTW!).

the spirit looks like it could either completely suck or be pretty awesome. hard to tell.

Corleone

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 15, 2008, 11:37 PM
Quote from: Corleone on Jul 15, 2008, 09:44 PM

I fell asleep watching it.  Sin City was sweet though, and The Spirit looks promising.

yeah sin city is fucking great

nonesuch

Frank miller did a sick ass Daredevil series that blew my ten year old mind.     

300 was entertaining.

Sin City was a rewatchable monster that has me salivating at the possibilities of numba two (more alba)

i drink your milkshake

bright lights, big city

DERP

defskull

I don't think he should be doing any real directing or writing for these movies.  He seems to be ripping Robert Rodriguez's style for a comic that's not even his own.  I don't know.

I wasn't planning on seeing The Spirit until Sameul L threatened me to do so by being so awesome.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Jul 23, 2008, 05:13 AM
I wasn't planning on seeing The Spirit until Sameul L threatened me to do so by being so awesome.
what an amazing quote
DERP

goldpony

Quote from: defskull on Jul 23, 2008, 05:13 AM
I don't think he should be doing any real directing or writing for these movies.  He seems to be ripping Robert Rodriguez's style for a comic that's not even his own.  I don't know.

i thought he co-directed sin city? maybe rodriguez was just there to assist
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

ive heard that robert rodrigez lost his Director's Guild membership or whatever it is because he "co-directed" a movie....sounds dumb to me, but Sin City needed the Frank Miller touch to it.
DERP

defskull

It was essentially Rodriguez directing it.  I think Miller was there just to help give the actors an understanding of the characters they were portraying.