Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Useless information about MMA

Started by DakkoN, Jul 27, 2008, 02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DakkoN

Nick Diaz just came out to ROOT on the Elite XC show on CBS.  Shocked me to hear Deftones on CBS.  Awesome.

13hourstoparadise

What the fuck are you talking about?

What, they played a track in the background before a show?

DakkoN

I guess you had problems reading the part where I said that the guy came out to it, as in, entrance music... You know, that music they play when a wrestler / fighter / boxer walks to the ring? 

There Will Be Blood

thats pretty sweet.... guess theres a deftones fan the works there.

def-head

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Jul 27, 2008, 03:59 AM
thats pretty sweet.... guess theres a deftones fan the works there.

I think the fighter chooses thier entrance music. Diaz is from Stockton, CA, same as Chi and he gave a shout out to what sounded like "Ching Chang" after the fight.

DakkoN

QuoteThanks so much, Nick. Anybody you want to shout out before we sign off?
I just want to give a shout out to the Deftones, who will be at the show in Stockton. I'm trying to get everything worked out so I can use their music. I've never gotten to pick my entrance music before, expect for when I fought in Japan. Of course I'd like to thank Chase Chevrolet in Stockton for always hookin' me up, and I want to say thanks to my team, my boxing coach Richard Perez, and my brother for helping me train for this fight; I'm in better shape right now than I've ever been in my life, and I plan to be that way for every fight.

http://forums.mmanews.com/general-mma-forum/28303-cagepotato-interviews-nick-diaz.html

awesome

def-head

Video of the fight. They don't show the ring entrance but they have the interview after the fight.

http://www.kfight.net/MMA-Videos/Nick-Diaz-Vs-Thomas-Denny-EliteXC-On-CBS-fight-Video

emehlen

goldpony

Quote from: emehlen on Jul 27, 2008, 05:17 PM
Good fight too

um. no it wasn't. it was pretty amateur, tho it was pretty cool to see diaz just pound that guy at the end and showboat throughout the fight. for the most part it just looked like two drunk guys swinging away at each other. what was with the no defense...it seemed like the match was set up just to be a brawl. i almost lost my shit when i heard the tones too
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lithium

chi ye cheng chi ye yeng cheng lolz
💩

devilinside

I saw this...too bad Nick and his brother are total douche bags.

DakkoN

Nick is awesome, Nate is a douche.. It's Karo Parisyan who's the biggest douche of all though

sharinglungs

the video has no mention of deftones.

goldpony

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 28, 2008, 05:40 AM
the video has no mention of deftones.

it was just the entrance music, tho on the telecast they did blurb the song info (band, song, album) right as he started coming out. you could barely hear it but it was unmistakable
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

def_linus

why is this in a deftones thread and not a sports thread

goldpony

Quote from: def_linus on Jul 28, 2008, 09:48 PM
why is this in a deftones thread and not a sports thread

we are discussing the deftones, not the fight. jeez ;D
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

def_linus

i guess i should of read it then

SorrowToSerenity

I second the notion that it's too bad the Diaz brothers are the biggest faggots in the UFC.

Remember when Nate won The Ultimate Fighter Finale because of a ring injury to Manny Gumbaryan? Pfft.

It would be ignorant to take away from their abilities as fighters just because they're assholes but I can't stand either of them. 

bangbang240

*Side note... They used Root during highlight clips during the NBA Playoffs a couple years ago...

def-head

This topic should be dead but I came across this cool video of Diaz set to "Root", so i thought I would share the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_CJoSBdSKo