Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

scars on broadway (daron/john from SOAD's band)

Started by deftoolsys07, Jul 30, 2008, 02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

their debut cd just came out today so i picked it up...
eh...
it's alright i guess because it's somewhat different otherwise it's kinda shitty...

any opinions? anyone else listen to it?
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

bright lights, big city

i think it's got some pretty good songs, definitely wouldn't call it shitty.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

wookubus loved that shit, i'm thinking about downloading it, but he didn't allay my laziness with his review.

black coffee

I used to agree a lot with wookubus
when he said something was good, it usually was good.

but things have changed ...

Starz

I bought this today. On the first listen I wasn't totally impressed. The Kerrang! review is what swayed me to buy it, they are claiming it to be an album of the year. And an album of the year to me should sound like an album of the year on the first listen, and this didn't. I guess this is an album I am going to have to be patient with for it to really impress me. The only problem is, is that I have a shit load of other music to listen to as well. I just don't know when I'll get the chance to listen to this again...

supersoad1

Ya, i heard of them. They got some raw songs.

deathblow

i'm probably the biggest SOAD fan around, and i can openly say, Scars on broadway fucking SUUUUCK!
underwritten, lazy, expected, lame, etc. the list goes on... Daron failed in so many ways, i can't even begin to believe it;
i wish i was in his position, have millions upon millions listen to my musical creations... he should be ashamed to release such crap... I thought serj's shit sucked.... after hearing this, i can actually see some light in serj's music.

Deadradio

Muzic Junkie

i like that call song?
Can't rmember wtf its called
But its okay

defTHE1s

For me, it was a good listeneable album:
The highlights for:
Chemicals
Stoner Hate
The Say
Cute Machines
Serious
Funny
yes, in that specific order...

Good album of 2008

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Jizzlobber

I quite like them. They seem to have lots of songs, if not ALL of their songs are about marijuana use is some way. i might be wrong, but i dont think i heard a song on the album that didnt mention or praise or have some story about pot smoking o the joys or the consequences.

Which sort of hightens its appeal in a way, but i really hope 2010 brings us a new System album..my money is on 2010 for that
<

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Nov 16, 2008, 06:39 AM
I quite like them. They seem to have lots of songs, if not ALL of their songs are about marijuana use is some way. i might be wrong, but i dont think i heard a song on the album that didnt mention or praise or have some story about pot smoking o the joys or the consequences.

Which sort of hightens its appeal in a way, but i really hope 2010 brings us a new System album..my money is on 2010 for that

my guess is 2012...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/