Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My b-day...

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Oct 03, 2008, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Is coming Oct 10th... I'll be 26 and getting old sucks.

I was raised as a Jahovah's Witness but I am not religious at all, I've never had a b-day party, anyone have some ideas? I honestly don't have a clue.

White Pwny

Dude!   26 is NOT old!   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

lostpilot

I will introduce you to the concept of a birthday party.

Everybody meets up in a club/house/whatever, get absolutely drunk, then someone gets into a big fight, then someone gives you a meaningless present, then somebody calls the cops for being too noisy, then somebody talks to you (while being incredibly) drunk about how he/she always loved you, then you do some drugs, then you make out with that person, and then eventually there is this phase of a birthday party when everybody just goes to sleep and you can see that half of the people paired with someone and are successfully fucking each other. And then, after fucking someone you sleep, wake up hangover and ashamed of everything that happened last night.

oh and don't forget the birthday cake, which (due to the drunkenness) is always remember only the other morning.
be religious and do not waste your time on things like this.
(though I have had some really fun birthday parties with my closest friends, non-alcoholic. alcohol is the key in the concept)

alvarezbassist17

don't forget goats, lots of horny goats.

lostpilot

goldpony

and a clown, you cant forget a clown
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Midgets juggling chainsaws...

Seriously though, get close friends together and do something you enjoy.  That's all that makes a good birthday.

devilinside

Quote from: White Pwny on Oct 03, 2008, 04:52 PM
Dude!   26 is NOT old!   

I agree. I'll be 30 Nov 5,and i'm having more fun NOW then I did then.

Variable

even 40 really isn't very old these days

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

40 is the new 20. and 50 is the new 40. and 30 is the new 60. And 60 is the new 7.

lostpilot

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Oct 04, 2008, 02:03 PM
40 is the new 20. and 50 is the new 40. and 30 is the new 60. And 60 is the new 7.

you just made people immortal, woo

Variable

I just like that people are starting to live their lives a bit more these days.  They are having fun in their youth.  Trying to get out and experience some things.  Be stupid and crazy.  Get educated with books and life.  Then around 30s, after they have hopefully gained some wisdom, they are trying to be adults.  Getting married and starting families.  Entering the professional work force.  A lot of people are even waiting until their late 30s to early 40s to have kids.  Waiting until they have experienced life and are financially stable.  I think these are pretty smart decisions.

But happy birthday man.  As far as your party goes. I'm not really sure what being a Jahovah's Witness or not religious has to do with any of this.  But birthday parties usually suck.  Because people expect too much out of them.  Just try to have a nice evening with some really good friends.  The only real benefit is that they will probably pay for your dinner and some drinks.  And usually they are down to do just about anything you want and wont complain about it because it is supposed to be your night.  Just keep it simple.

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Oct 04, 2008, 06:10 PM
I'm not really sure what being a Jahovah's Witness or not religious has to do with any of this. 

I do believe they think there is only "One" birthday.

Variable

I see I see.  You learn something new every day. 

13hourstoparadise

Well, the idea of never celebrating a b-day for a JW is because you can never put yourself first before God... I don't believe in the traditional "God" - so it's nice mine to say.

Oh my shit, some of the comments on this thread had me laughing, and yes I got some great ideas, thanks everyone.