Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

best band in the world (aka GENGHIS TRON) thread

Started by Alvar, Oct 13, 2008, 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvar

Its about time motherfuckers!

[youtube=425,350]QF3yVLGuj5I[/youtube]

genghis tron is a three piece band that is basically playing cybergrind metal while pulling influences from many different genres such as hardcore, techno, idm, hip hop, screamo, ambient and many more.
although the only instruments used are a guitar, synthesizers and a drum machine, the band manages to create massive soundscapes while struggling through challenging rhythm structures, blast-beats and electronic interludes.

imagine dillinger escape plan versus m83 to get an idea of this sound.

although on the first listen this may seem abstract, disgusting or disturbing, there is also something attracting throughout the music that will grow with more listens.
the experimental character of genghis tron is what separates them from the usual grindcore, hardcore, techno or whatever-scene as they are fucking up a large amount of musical styles at the same time.

Cloak Of Love - their first experimental 5 song EP
Cape Of Hate Remixes

Dead Mountain Mouth - the first LP, very raw, chaotic and agressive (reminding of  "mathcore" bands), sometimes evolving into industrial passages (like godflesh, strapping young lad...)
Triple Black Diamond Remixes

Board Up The House - the newest LP, its their most "easy" to listen to album yet, featuring an almost progressive-metal sound with a lot of quiet... erm... not -so-loud parts (guest appereances from kurt of converge and greg of dillinger... included)
Remixes Vol. 1 (By Steve Moore, Justin Broadrick, Rob Crow, Eluvium)
Remixes Vol. 2

check it out

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

oldgentlovecraft

Been spinning them for a while.  Great fucking band.

Crazylegs

i'm not impressed.

"cybergrind metal"

el oh el

defskull

If I hadn't known of ghengis tron before, I would have sworn this was your own band or your friend's band you're trying to promote.

White Pwny

Srsly.  Best band in the world?   Wow.   *shrugs*   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Crazylegs on Oct 13, 2008, 03:49 PM
i'm not impressed.

"cybergrind metal"

el oh el

Definitely an acquired taste.

Quote from: White Pwny on Oct 14, 2008, 01:22 AM
Srsly.  Best band in the world?   Wow.   *shrugs*  

Fuckin A!  Well, pretty damn good at least.

lithium

sounds good man

gonna give this a try sometime
💩

bright lights, big city

great band. not the best. "cybergrind metal" is good, i like "trip-metal"
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

downtownpony

devlin

these guys fucking rock! "asleep on the forrest floor" and "ergot (relief)" are my favorties. they just went on tour or are about to or something.

bright lights, big city

saw them with Converge, Baroness, and Red Chord. best show i went to this year.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

GooniesNeverSayDie

old news! lol

go check out Horse The Band, The Number Twelve Looks Like You and Arsonists Get All The Girls,  you will like most definitely like them. ;)
and for chaos, minus the electronics (or considerably less) HeavyHeavyLowLow!

YOU! Cake or DEATH??? - Eddie Izzard

oldgentlovecraft

Got all cds from all those bands and Genghis Tron still are above the rest.    Not even close to the same genre though. 

devlin

i dont know i'd have to say HORSE beats genghis tron. the mechanical hand is an epic masterpiece. one of favorites. the other bands are no where near as good as horse or g tron.

bright lights, big city

i'd put HORSE on the same level as Genghis Tron, live, and on cd. but definitely not HeavyHeavyLowLow or AGAtG, i cant get into them

#12 is pretty awesome live though too
DERP

devlin

yea i don't like heavyheavylowlow or arsonists. and #12 is ok.  they have a song or two off each album i like. never seen them live.

never seen genghis tron live either though. i've seen HORSE 3 times. nathan is fucking hilarious. and they're super nice dudes. a couple buddies and i got to met them after a show, talked for a while and got some shit signed.

whodunit?

CYBERGRIND METAL? You must be fuckin' jokin'! These genres names are getting to grotesque. I think in another 10 years time every band will have its own genre  ???

Alvar

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Oct 25, 2008, 04:08 AM
old news! lol

go check out Horse The Band, The Number Twelve Looks Like You and Arsonists Get All The Girls,  you will like most definitely like them. ;)

dude, after getting into genghis tron i checked out so many bands to find something similar.
i never was into grindcore or into those... what most people call it "nintendocore" bands (hey, i didnt invent all those stupid genre names!)

but seriously, none of those come even close to the sound of GT.
HORSE is definately a good band but its more electronic post-hardcore than anything else. and those other bands are too much hardcore influenced for me.
even those bands also tagged as "cybergrind" dont reach the complexity of GT. (agoraphobic nosebleed? come on!)
its not all about the chaos and blast beats. some of their songs even remind me of massive attack. i love that mixture.

and about the cybergrind thing: i think its a perfect way to describe this music. also, it sounds fucking cool.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Alvar on Oct 26, 2008, 12:37 AM
Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Oct 25, 2008, 04:08 AM
old news! lol

dude, after getting into genghis tron i checked out so many bands to find something similar.
i never was into grindcore or into those... what most people call it "nintendocore" bands (hey, i didnt invent all those stupid genre names!)

but seriously, none of those come even close to the sound of GT.
HORSE is definately a good band but its more electronic post-hardcore than anything else. and those other bands are too much hardcore influenced for me.
even those bands also tagged as "cybergrind" dont reach the complexity of GT. (agoraphobic nosebleed? come on!)
its not all about the chaos and blast beats. some of their songs even remind me of massive attack. i love that mixture.

and about the cybergrind thing: i think its a perfect way to describe this music. also, it sounds fucking cool.

You don't like Agoraphobic Nosebleed???  They're fucking awesome and the lyrics are hilarious!

Alvar

i like agoraphobic nosebleed. PCP torpedo is one of my favorite albums.
the 100+ song albums take getting used to though :D
but cybergrind, i dont know..

last.fm/user/z0z0bra