Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My music.

Started by lostpilot, Oct 30, 2008, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Hey,

well.. straight to the point, I am recording very much material at my home, mixing it, composing songs, so I finally decided to share a taste of it with you guys.  It's sort of electronica/post-rock/ambient.. not even sure what that is. Six songs (~25 minutes) for your pleasure. Of course, they're not my best, and in general I'm not a professional or something.. just some experiments. Feel free to comment, it's important to me.

the Picturesque Episodes - I - Clouds

wither-I

fuckin eh man! ive actually been wondering about when you would releae some sounds to us knowing you play and whatnot... ill download it when i get the chance.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

:)
yeah, I would post much much more, but I'm quite uncertain of my skills and quality..

Sleepymaggie

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=2514704

So i had this idea...did some vocals and my ex boyfriend played some fantastic guitar...
Evil by Blackstratblues and myself.

Sold my hands for a dreamers gloves...

raynor

listened to slowattack and it sounds quite alright actually.

but you guys should definitely get a drummer/drummachine!

lostpilot

Quote from: raynor on Jan 11, 2009, 03:49 PM
listened to slowattack and it sounds quite alright actually.

but you guys should definitely get a drummer/drummachine!

yeaaaaaaaaah, I know.. that's our problem.
for now we hold these audiovisual shows with this romantic/anti-noisy feeling, just because we lack bass and drums.. in future, in future.

and in addition to this thread, I will post some new stuff in the upcoming week, I'm quite proud of that work

lostpilot

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
hey all,
sooo.. this is my attempt to share some of my music with you. I think it fits this thread..
it's sort of the first EP from 4-5 EP series I will work on later.. it's experimental and abstract, ignore the quality, misconception and my lack of experience. genre - ambient/post-rock/abstract and obviously you will feel my influences.

the Picturesque Episodes - I - The Goddess

I. ..the End of Everything - 11:31
00:00 - Our Craft Burst in the Flames
03:22 - Those Bugs Ate the Carcass of My Ship!
05:28 - The Captain is Captive
09:40 - Insects Dragged Me Far
II. Flight - 09:56
00:00 - Through the Swarm
02:54 - Red Eyes
03:40 - Flight Down the Hive
08:17 - Held in the Citadel of Fear
III. The Goddess - 10:22
00:00 - She Stood Before Me, the Queen
02:10 - As She Consumed Me, the World Blazed in Array
07:05 - Bodiless
08:14 - The Swarm Continued the End

http://www.mediafire.com/?bmg1qknxe2y

Feedback is appreciated. ;)

lostpilot

so, I now uploaded a "mixtape". just some songs that will probably never become anything more.. so ignore the lack of quality etc etc. just thought anyone is interested.. feedback is much appreciated. if you need another hosting service to be used, please inform me.

note: some of them are done by me individually (the Picturesque Episodes) and some with cooperation with my band mates (slowattack). so:

1. slowattack - Escape Your Rhodes Heart
2. the Picturesque Episodes - Vision Quest at the Red Mountain
3. slowattack - Ocean Penny's Story
4. the Picturesque Episodes - They Cut the Trees of Everlasting Earth
5. the Picturesque Episodes - the Story of this Noisy Kingdom
6. the Picturesque Episodes - Omega

enjoy.
http://www.mediafire.com/?p1zmtumjdbn

beaverwithfishyshoes

man this is great this is exactly the sort of stuff id like to play to bad i dont live in lithuania havent listened everything yet but i just totally love that abstract and romantic thing its why i like chinos music so much

a question what is 'anti-noisy' is it a specific genre

lostpilot

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Feb 28, 2009, 07:49 AM
man this is great this is exactly the sort of stuff id like to play to bad i dont live in lithuania havent listened everything yet but i just totally love that abstract and romantic thing its why i like chinos music so much

hey, man, first of all - thank you for all your praise :) much appreciated.
'anti-noisy' is not a specific genre.. just a way of playing - some bands turn up their volume to the max and ignore what is playing through their speakers. we want the sounds, maybe in lower sound, but try to maximize the quality of sound. cause in my experience, the higher the volume - the less understandable the music is.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 28, 2009, 11:01 AM
Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Feb 28, 2009, 07:49 AM

hey, man, first of all - thank you for all your praise :) much appreciated.
'anti-noisy' is not a specific genre.. just a way of playing - some bands turn up their volume to the max and ignore what is playing through their speakers. we want the sounds, maybe in lower sound, but try to maximize the quality of sound. cause in my experience, the higher the volume - the less understandable the music is.

So true.

The only time I like unbelievably ridiculous volume is in super compressed electronic dance music or ridiculously tonal drone because the massive vibrations just put your right to sleep.

lostpilot

some new or not so new at all stuff.

the Picturesque Episodes - Deconstruct
(possible to download only 10 times, tell me to reupload it later if needed).

Tracklist:
01. Vision Quest at the Red Mountain
02. I Write to Remember
03. Drones and..
04. This Story of a Noisy Kingdom
05. Reminiscence
06. Northern Lights Look Better From Under the Ice
07. The Craft! The Thousands of Craft in the Sky
08. Clouds
09. My Mother's Hands
10. Heartbeat
11. Have You Lost Your Name?
12. Your Heart, Your Eyes.. Screaming.

http://rapidshare.com/files/223004524/the_Picturesque_Episodes_-_Deconstruct.rar.html

note: the album itself is quite loud, don't mind the bass. more synthetic stuff