the chauffeur is cool too

DEFCAY

one weak, nosebleed, lotion!!!

ALightOn

What about Can't Even Breathe?

Jaw Knee

hump, cherry waves, teething,Mascara, needles and pins

Jedidiah Solomon

Chi has an awesome bass tone, it's old school, very thick.

i kill for fun

Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Nov 20, 2008, 04:54 AM
Chi has an awesome bass tone, it's old school, very thick.
yea, agreed. He kinda has to considering Stephs guitars grow increasingly lower.And the fact that he doesn't use picks adds to the reverb thickness, but I love how he elaborates Abe's beats with a solid groove that i think distinguishes them from typical metal. The "groove" factor(dont know what other way to describe it) seems to have always distinguished deftones from their peers/metal in general
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Jedidiah Solomon

yeah for sure, I love how he just uses his fingers too, all the best bass players do too, that's dub stylee!

UrZ*

yeah chi's sound is something else man....

i'd have to say some of his awesome work on albums :

adrenaline: Nosebleed, the part with bas + drum...fk!, Swords...
Around the fur: Lotion (FUCK!!!! that one grooves), around the fur...the "quiet" breakdown part in the middle...
WP: Change...turn the bass up real loud to  hear it...fuck... and ofcourse Knife Prty :)
S/T: Needles & Pins + Bloody Cape
SNW: Beware, cherry waves and HITE,,, in those 3 songs the bass is so important for the songs...they are such a good foundation esp with abe's drums!

groove on
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

Jedidiah Solomon

Yeah Fireal is one of the most heartfelt recordings of all time in any genre, and that part where chi let's it build up, that is timeless. And that riff stephen through down is probably my favorite riff ever too.

13hourstoparadise

Only way to get that true metal sound is without a pick. Allows the string to resinate vibrations and womens bras come right off.

Nebontha

QuoteWP: Change...turn the bass up real loud to  hear it...fuck... and ofcourse Knife Prty
Get really stoned, pop a euphoric narcotic (percocet for me that one time), and you will appreciate the bass in Digital Bath like never before. Not that I'm exactly condoning such actions, I just remember having a really good time and enjoying (the bass in) Digital Bath like I never had before during that experience.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

Cherry Waves, Hole In The Earth, Digital Bath, Mascara, My Own Summer

13hourstoparadise

I've tried to cover Deathblow, it is one sick fucking bassline - a first besides a lot of Matt Freeman (Op Iv, Rancid) that I could not follow with my bass.

frud

Oh shit forgot Deathblow, that's gotta be number one.

pixElsblUr

yea Deathblow, here is mine...

• Cherry Waves
• Damone
• U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, A, B, Select, Start
• Dai The Flu
• One Weak

dictatesofreason

one weak
deathblow
lucky you
seven words
dai

13hourstoparadise

7 words is such a fun bass line to play... Chi came up with an awesome riff for that track...

defTHE1s

If i had to pick just one, It would be UUDDLRLR.... Fucking great song!}
BTW: Chi does plays bass on this, really?
It's an awesome tune!!

Then the classicals: 7 Words, Root, One Weak, Nosebleed, Beware, Cherry Waves, Deathblow, Lotion, MOS, and the list seems to be growing!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...