Round 2: The Mars Volta +2

vs

12. crazylegs
Round 1: Radiohead +2
Round 2: Tool +2
Round 3: Pink Floyd +1
Round 4: Explosions in the sky +2
Round 9: Porcupine Tree +1

yep, those legs are crazy gets the vote.

bright lights, big city

i love dredg A LOT.

but Radiohead is one of my faves. and the killer combination of Tool, Exposions, and Meshuggah win me over for crazylegs. he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with. good pick with the Jeff Buckley too.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

mrs_swa

...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

An bád dubh

I was aiming to go against lostpilot's list (as I thought it will be picker no. 1 vs 12, 2 vs 11 etc) and was sure my list is gonna be competitive against him and then gain momentum on the second and the third round. But against Crazylegs' list, on Sharinglungs.com...! Damn, there's no competition.

I vote for Crazylegs. If I lose, I hope I end up losing the winner of the whole competition. You know that's never a shame 8)

defskull

Yeah this was by far one the most retarded first round match up.  They both have great lists but I feel like An bad dubh would have done better against lostpilot.  They seemed to have pretty similar tastes.  While these two (an bad dubh and crazylegs) both have great lists, crazylegs probably has the best list out of the entire tournament.  Just give him the prize now. 

An bád dubh

Quote from: defskull on May 27, 2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah this was by far one the most retarded first round match up.  They both have great lists but I feel like An bad dubh would have done better against lostpilot.  They seemed to have pretty similar tastes.  While these two (an bad dubh and crazylegs) both have great lists, crazylegs probably has the best list out of the entire tournament.  Just give him the prize now. 
That was well said brother, and thank you for the kind words. If I don't get an actual vote, I shall cherish your words forever.

defskull

Yeah you got the worst match up.  Anyone against crazylegs is going to lose.  I don't know how we let him get such a good list.

rock_n_frost

only dredg can make me happy on your list  an bad dubh

crazylegs got another vote
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Sleepymaggie

omg this is the toughest vote!!!

its
BONOBO (I sleep for bonobo all the time!)
JOHN FRUSCIANTE (my latest fling with his entire discography and ive been in love with him!)
mars volta n TC : o

vs
RADIOHEAD ( were there for me for 3 straight years during my entire depressive phase and everything fuck)
TOOL and FLOYD
buckley and porcupine tree!

what to do!!!!! : o

*this is so tough*

guess its crazylegs coz of radiohead n floyd  : / *feels guilty ditching bonobo n frusciante*

Sold my hands for a dreamers gloves...

An bád dubh

Haha, don't feel bad  :) But you know what, you seem to have a great taste in music, I applaud you for enjoying Bonobo and Thievery Corporation.

theis

yeah An bád, you're one of my favorite members musical wise. i just dont know a lot of the bands on your list. i'm sure they're great. i'll definitely listen to them. ive heard great things about Denali.

Sleepymaggie

Quote from: An bád dubh on May 27, 2009, 11:29 PM
Haha, don't feel bad  :) But you know what, you seem to have a great taste in music, I applaud you for enjoying Bonobo and Thievery Corporation.

:D i love your list!.. i dont know anyone in my city who loves these artists as much as us! : )
if you like theivery do you like boards of canada, cinematic orchestra squarepusher etc?

Sold my hands for a dreamers gloves...

defTHE1s

hardest list... but i'm not familiar with most of bands An bád dubh posted... so
here is my vote for crazylegs..

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

An bád dubh

Quote from: penguin in the desert on May 28, 2009, 12:57 AM
yeah An bád, you're one of my favorite members musical wise. i just dont know a lot of the bands on your list. i'm sure they're great. i'll definitely listen to them. ive heard great things about Denali.
Thanks man! Yeah, I shall showcase some more bands on the Great Unknown Bands thread when I'm done with my holiday trip. Next band could be Denali. They are definitely worth checking out man.

An bád dubh

Quote from: Sleepymaggie on May 28, 2009, 01:56 AM
Quote from: An bád dubh on May 27, 2009, 11:29 PM

:D i love your list!.. i dont know anyone in my city who loves these artists as much as us! : )
if you like theivery do you like boards of canada, cinematic orchestra squarepusher etc?
I adore Cinematic Orchestra. Their stuff just blows me away every time. I think I haven't checked out those other 2 bands yet. although I keep hearing about Boards Of Canada. I shall put them on my long list of bands I need to check out  8) It won't probably be until the end of summer when I finally get to them but I shall.