Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Tides of Man

Started by wither-I, Aug 19, 2009, 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

ok so, nonesuch posted this link in the "it leaked thread" and i checked these guuys out. and they are ridiculously awesome. i dont know if anyone else had downloaded from the link or even heard of this band, but i think they deserve their own thread becaue the music is insane!

Tides of Man -Empire Theory

http://rapidshare.com/files/266672605/A2PET.rar

Password: www.alternative2punk.net

somebody if not everyone will love this. someone come revel in this awesome tunage with me!!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Jacob

well, lately you've been spot on when it comes to getting me into new music. so there's really no reason for me not to check this out as well.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

An bád dubh

Quote from: wither-I on Aug 19, 2009, 09:35 PM
ok so, nonesuch posted this link in the "it leaked thread" and i checked these guuys out. and they are ridiculously awesome. i dont know if anyone else had downloaded from the link or even heard of this band, but i think they deserve their own thread becaue the music is insane!

Tides of Man -Empire Theory

http://rapidshare.com/files/266672605/A2PET.rar

Password: www.alternative2punk.net

somebody if not everyone will love this. someone come revel in this awesome tunage with me!!
This sounds like something I would have expected from Strata as a follow up to "Strata Presents the End of The World" if they hadn't broken up. That is a great compliment coming from me. This sounds amazing my friend.

This will go to my MP3 player and I shall enjoy for a long time I'm sure. Man, great great stuff, thank you for providing us all of these albums, something that we can enjoy. Something for everyone. I hope we can find some great music for you as well.

An bád dubh

What!? No love for this amazing band? What's wrong with ya people. This shit just gets better with every listen. Listening to this album pretty much all the time lately.

wither-I

Quote from: An bád dubh on Sep 07, 2009, 01:56 PM
What!? No love for this amazing band? What's wrong with ya people. This shit just gets better with every listen. Listening to this album pretty much all the time lately.
yeah i know... i dont really get it myself ???

lostpilot

will I like it?

I mean, seriously, you know what turns me on..

Jacob

oh shit, I forgot about this. I'll check it out right away!

An bád dubh

Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 07, 2009, 02:46 PM
will I like it?

I mean, seriously, you know what turns me on..
You know man, you are actually still a mystery to me when it comes to music taste. And thats a good thing! Variety creates confusion. I am hopeful that you will like it. It really hits you hard but still growns on you as well.

Starz

Will check it out due to the Strata reference.

lostpilot

that's the point, I never enjoyed Strata, so now I'm now like. Ehm. Okay. Should I or should I not.. but I still think I'm gonna try that out :0

An bád dubh

Mind that the Strata reference was only a reference, for people who might take it as a good or a bad thing  8) I hear Strata there, but also a bunch of other stuff, most obvious are the Coheed and Cambria -influences but that might throw you off even more than Strata so better just try it to see what you think.

wither-I

it doesnt hurt to just try it out i mean erase it if you hate it, but its def worth a listen no doubt

Jacob

well, I have to say I didn't like it much. the vocals just aren't my cup of tea. and the music itself wasn't interesting enough for me to even try to accept the vocals.

An bád dubh

Still amazing stuff. I gotta say this, the album of the year at this point.
People, give these guys another try or take the step to try them for the first time.

wither-I

i couldnt agree more. theyre not my favourite release, but they are insanely awesome. amazing instrumental work and the vocals are unique with very strong lyrics. i dont know how more people havent gotten into this its puzzling ....

nonesuch

wither, i didn't even know you made a thread about tides

FUCK YEA

these guys get much love on my winamp

i drink your milkshake