Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ancient Aliens

Started by Jacob, Aug 28, 2009, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I know there are at least a couple of you believers and theorists hanging around here besides me, and I suggest you check out this little documentary I just watched. it's called Ancient Aliens and was made for History Channel in 2009. I'll get you started with the first part here and you can just continue with the other parts on youtube if you'd like.

[youtube=425,350]iH66LramO8U[/youtube]

there's really nothing new here if you've been into the subject before, but I think they summarized it all very well and while the counter-arguments were few and far between, at least they had some unlike most other documentaries of this kind. I'm pretty interested in this anyways, and I love discussing it. I'd like to hear what YOU think!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wither-I

thanks for this. ill def give it a look-see

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Awesome.

In slightly related news, I have been toying with the idea of life evolving on this planet more than once. In a way such as Aliens visiting us are aliens either visiting a previous world of theirs or a world that had beings previously that they had some sort of contact with. Part of the reason this train of thought started, is related the monuments of mars with similarities to structures on our own planet.

Also, I really want to read Chariots of the Gods.

Jacob

I hear ya, such theories don't sound too farfetched for me either.

there are so many new questions if you were to accept this belief though. like they say in that documentary, why haven't they left more obvious proof behind? or was the proof they left obvious for them but just not for us? then where did we "forget" this information? is it possible that they actually tried not to leave any footprints here? or that someone else wiped them out?

and here's another interesting thought: how can we be so sure that we know of all the finds that have been made?

lostpilot

loved the video. gave me some raw material  to be processed by my everthinking brain

ben

Really cool man.  I enjoyed the part when the islanders built the mock airplane to try and get the "gods" to come back with more corn beef.

Variable

My internet is slow as shit.  So I'm waiting for the videos to upload.  But I did catch about the first 5 min.  Was that Priest at the beginning suggesting that the Vatican no longer believes in Angels?  He called Angels superstitious.  That was pretty amazing to me.  It made me think of the two priest in the movie religulous and how the two priest they interviewed in that movie seemed really forward thinking.  Anyone know anything about this?

More on subject.  Here is one of my theories about Aliens ( pre watching this video ) that I realize could be completely off, but I also think is possible. 

When I think about survival of the fittest.  I know that its not always the biggest and strongest creatures who are the fittest.  Darwin said it was the creatures who could most easily adapt.  I think of flies.  Their size is a huge advantage to them.  Hundreds if not thousands of them can live off of the food and water that only one human consumes in a day.  Their size is also an advantage to them because of shelter.  Sooo much more room for a creature so small.  Also their size helps them conceal and escape against predators easily.  All in all, I think the fly is pretty advanced in certain areas.  Soooo I think back to the last ice age.  The dominate creatures were most likely dinosaurs.  They were huge and powerful and violent.  But they all died, most likely because they could not get enough resources in the changing weather. 

So when I think of aliens.  I think that there is a really good possibility that on their planet ( or ours ) evolution and the survival the fittest might have produced a very small creature, yet possibly still intelligent.  I like to think that their is a possibly that aliens are small like most bugs and that UFOs are really just swarms of them traveling together for protection.  I know it sounds a bit weird.  But if you really think about it ( I obviously didnt go into much detail ) it could totally be true. 

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I was going to give you a completely serious response, but then I thought about it, and now I am convinced you're fucking with us.

Quote from: Jacob on Aug 29, 2009, 09:11 AM
I hear ya, such theories don't sound too farfetched for me either.

there are so many new questions if you were to accept this belief though. like they say in that documentary, why haven't they left more obvious proof behind? or was the proof they left obvious for them but just not for us? then where did we "forget" this information? is it possible that they actually tried not to leave any footprints here? or that someone else wiped them out?

and here's another interesting thought: how can we be so sure that we know of all the finds that have been made?

There's some interesting theories involving the Illuminati completely wiping out loads of information. I don't really believe in the Illuminati, but I feel like someone with enough determination, such as the church, back in the day, could have wiped out that information quite easily. I mean, something like that would have completely destroyed religions that took hundreds and hundreds of years to build.

And who's to say that information wasn't left behind for us? Say, Mars? A lot of preeeetty interesting stuff there, I have to say.

Sorry if this makes no sense. Mega painkillers going on right now.

Variable

I was being serious jackass.  Of course I too was on a lot of pain meds last night when I wrote that. 

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Dude. Broken leg and now for some reason fucked up shoulder. Eat a dick.

With your theory, how do you explain certain phenomena like sunburns from the light radiating from the craft. Not very insect-like.

Jacob

fireflies, duh!

not matter how serious your theory is, Trey, I think you might very well be on to something. what I usually try to tell people who refuse to believe in aliens is that we take so many things for granted and we expect certain things of nature and science based only on what we know and what we usually see. there is really no reason for aliens to be humanoud in shape or size - we just think they have to be because that's the only intelligent being we know of.

once upon a time people laughed at you if you said the earth wasn't flat. just sayin'.

Alvar

Quote from: Jacob on Aug 31, 2009, 03:01 PM
what I usually try to tell people who refuse to believe in aliens is that we take so many things for granted and we expect certain things of nature and science based only on what we know and what we usually see. there is really no reason for aliens to be humanoud in shape or size - we just think they have to be because that's the only intelligent being we know of.

did you read "the swarm" ? you should really check it out.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Aug 31, 2009, 03:57 AM
My internet is slow as shit.  So I'm waiting for the videos to upload.  But I did catch about the first 5 min.  Was that Priest at the beginning suggesting that the Vatican no longer believes in Angels?  He called Angels superstitious.  That was pretty amazing to me.  It made me think of the two priest in the movie religulous and how the two priest they interviewed in that movie seemed really forward thinking.  Anyone know anything about this?

More on subject.  Here is one of my theories about Aliens ( pre watching this video ) that I realize could be completely off, but I also think is possible. 

When I think about survival of the fittest.  I know that its not always the biggest and strongest creatures who are the fittest.  Darwin said it was the creatures who could most easily adapt.  I think of flies.  Their size is a huge advantage to them.  Hundreds if not thousands of them can live off of the food and water that only one human consumes in a day.  Their size is also an advantage to them because of shelter.  Sooo much more room for a creature so small.  Also their size helps them conceal and escape against predators easily.  All in all, I think the fly is pretty advanced in certain areas.  Soooo I think back to the last ice age.  The dominate creatures were most likely dinosaurs.  They were huge and powerful and violent.  But they all died, most likely because they could not get enough resources in the changing weather. 

So when I think of aliens.  I think that there is a really good possibility that on their planet ( or ours ) evolution and the survival the fittest might have produced a very small creature, yet possibly still intelligent.  I like to think that their is a possibly that aliens are small like most bugs and that UFOs are really just swarms of them traveling together for protection.  I know it sounds a bit weird.  But if you really think about it ( I obviously didnt go into much detail ) it could totally be true. 

decomposers are at the top of the food chaim, i always say...

my theory is that they were not aliens of ancient, but that they were "us" travelling back in time... even when i think of "little green men" -with huge eyes and craniums, and fewer fingers and smaller in size, -i draw a picture of what i imagine are very "evolved" human being may look like a million years from now... we're already in transition to lose our pinky toes, and our appendixes (which were utilized for digesting small bone fragments) are going kaput...

another theory i have is on perception of life.. that we may never find or "see" alien life because we do not know how to perceive them with our senses which are only wonted/accustomed to an "earthly reality". their sheer composition could be an unfathomable representation which our "beliefs and conditions" (of perception and reality) could not adjust... just some thoughts

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: wither-I on Aug 31, 2009, 07:50 PMmy theory is that they were not aliens of ancient, but that they were "us" travelling back in time... even when i think of "little green men" -with huge eyes and craniums, and fewer fingers and smaller in size, -i draw a picture of what i imagine are very "evolved" human being may look like a million years from now... we're already in transition to lose our pinky toes, and our appendixes (which were utilized for digesting small bone fragments) are going kaput...

I love that one. I used to toy with that one a lot.

Also, who is to say that we don't already have forms of life in our solar system that is alien to us? I read this Asimov short awhile ago and it was unbelievably interesting. It was about three robots communicating with the native life on Jupiter. And then I thought about it for awhile and wondered why we assume there is no intelligence on a gas giant like Jupiter. Just because something like that wouldn't fit into our narrow little idea of nature's do's and dont's? Science takes a lot of things for granted and I sometimes wish science could be like what it was...hundreds of years ago. Back when science,  philosophy and math were nearly the same thing.

tarkil

Quote from: Alvar on Aug 31, 2009, 03:18 PM
did you read "the swarm" ? you should really check it out.

Awesome book, I loved it !!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Aug 31, 2009, 01:01 PM
Dude. Broken leg and now for some reason fucked up shoulder. Eat a dick.

With your theory, how do you explain certain phenomena like sunburns from the light radiating from the craft. Not very insect-like.
There could be multiple species of aliens?  Or maybe those things you're talking about never happened?  Maybe my insect aliens evolved to have some crazy powers.  Maybe they wear metallic body armor and have laser weapons?  I did say that I think they are intelligent.  Like flies with the brain power of us...or maybe more.  I was simply referring to their size and the advantages one would have being that size.  I used flies because obviously it would be an advantage to be able to fly too.  
Quote from: Jacob on Aug 31, 2009, 03:01 PM
fireflies, duh!

not matter how serious your theory is, Trey, I think you might very well be on to something. what I usually try to tell people who refuse to believe in aliens is that we take so many things for granted and we expect certain things of nature and science based only on what we know and what we usually see. there is really no reason for aliens to be humanoud in shape or size - we just think they have to be because that's the only intelligent being we know of.

once upon a time people laughed at you if you said the earth wasn't flat. just sayin'.
Ha, good joke ( for real )

and I was being 100% serious.  lol how come no one wants to believe me?  I can't remember where or who or what or whatever.  But something turned me onto the idea that aliens could be insects and ufos are really just the swarm. Then a couple years later when I became more open minded to these kinds of things I just started thinking about evolution and how large species are dying off and it just all made sense to me.
Quote from: wither-I on Aug 31, 2009, 07:50 PM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 31, 2009, 03:57 AM

decomposers are at the top of the food chaim, i always say...

my theory is that they were not aliens of ancient, but that they were "us" travelling back in time... even when i think of "little green men" -with huge eyes and craniums, and fewer fingers and smaller in size, -i draw a picture of what i imagine are very "evolved" human being may look like a million years from now... we're already in transition to lose our pinky toes, and our appendixes (which were utilized for digesting small bone fragments) are going kaput...

another theory i have is on perception of life.. that we may never find or "see" alien life because we do not know how to perceive them with our senses which are only wonted/accustomed to an "earthly reality". their sheer composition could be an unfathomable representation which our "beliefs and conditions" (of perception and reality) could not adjust... just some thoughts
Thats a lot to think about

Jacob

hehe, I believe you. and thanks.

I'm gonna have to read The Swarm since I haven't. I'm just starting to get into reading books again so I appreciate tips.

as for the evolution thing, that's something I've been considering too. the good ol' Grey alien certainly looks like it could be a highly evolved human. just think about it, after thousands if not millions of years of mixing genes we might as well end up looking almost identical to each other and resorting to using other means than sigt to identify each other. our eyes could have changed a lot due to us having to live someplace other than earth. same goes with size - at this time man is only getting taller, but maybe that changes completely due to how we live in the future and how we use our bodies.

I'd rather believe it's another form of highly evolved life though. because frankly, I hope mankind is doomed to disappear soon.

Variable

With as many species as there is on earth alone.  I don't see why multiple species wouldn't exist on another planet with life on it.  Some may be intelligent, some may be like fish.   Ha, Imagine space traveling aliens with the brains and aggression of alligators.  I think its more likely that another species was just trying to make contact the same way we more than likely would if we discovered life on another planet. 

Crazylegs

i watched this, but i can't say i'm convinced. Then again i guess this isn't in anyway presented as fact. The lightbulb theory was ridiculous. Oh and the thing about those pyramids being lined up like a constellation, and some craters on mars being lined up the same way. You'll probably find a group of craters shaped like a spunking dick if you look for it.

Jacob

I hear ya, it's easy to see things and interpret them however you wish. but that goes both ways.

and this wasn't supposed to convince anyone, it was supposed to just make you think about it for a minute or two ;)