Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Tosin Abasi name drops Deftones. Rick Beato Youtube.

Started by Sal_Ameigh, Dec 12, 2020, 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal_Ameigh

Animals as Leaders guitarist Tosin Abasi talking to Youtuber Rick Beato name drops Deftones along with other 90's bands in pushing Metal forward:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSECY4kPflc

Getting Tosin to play a solo on a Deftones album would be so dope!  :o

Penicks

Hidalgo

Quote from: Sal_Ameigh on Dec 12, 2020, 07:04 PM

no, getting Stephen to do it(a max out of his skills one too, with some fast finger tapping thrown in, not some super slow short one), now that would be the ultimate prize. i think he can do one like that to a degree, but he just flat out won't. Richie from sol invcto says he can shred, and we've seen little glimpses. just do it on an album dumb dumb

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 21, 2020, 05:50 PM
Quote from: Sal_Ameigh on Dec 12, 2020, 07:04 PM

no getting Stephen to do it(a max out of his skills one too, with some fast finger tapping thrown in, not some supe slow short one), now that would be the ultimate prize. i think he can do one like that to a degree, but he just flat out won't. Richie from sol invcto says he can shred, and we've seen little glimpses. just do it on an album dumb dumb

Yeah a traditional slower Blues based Rock solo wouldn't be as cool as if Stephen took inspiration from Buckethead/Tom Morello and combined finger tapping/finger nubbing and a kill switch.

Since Steph is also such a big Meshugga fan too it'd be cool if Stephen also took inspiration from Fredrik Thordendal and used a MIDI breath controller in the solo too like Fredrik uses and combined it with an Eventide H9000 to really make a weird sounding solo.

If Stephen did this with Abe playing double bass in the same song my head would explode with glee.  ;D