Started by Fireal1222, Dec 10, 2009, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Fireal1222

Quote from: ben on Jan 04, 2010, 01:46 AM
Another Phaseone album:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tzytndwezyy

ill check that out ben...

make sure you check out, boards of canada - old tunes vol. 2. from that discography link on the last page... its an incredible album.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

E-Money

Fireal1222

The boards of canada website put up a black box in the discography section on march 1st 2011. This means a new album will be arriving any day now.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Zantera

Really excited for this release. Not sure exactly what I'm going to order. Vinyl is a given, I also want a t-shirt, but as for the CD, I'm torn. I might get it as well, but I don't really feel like making a HUGE order, when I have other releases I want to get this month as well.

scatterbrain

Yup,new album June 5,so hyped for it.in the mean time,they released a little snippet of the album on vinyl for rsd,you can buy it here...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boards-of-Canada-RSD-Promo-Record-XXXXXX-/281100905866?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4172eb6d8a
im me and thats all ill ever be

deftones47

I remember I used to listen to Boards of Canada a lot back in 2008-2009. I am actually excited for Tomorrow's Harvest and can't wait till it comes out! I bet will be great!

And my current favorite album from them is Music Has the Right to Children.

Fireal1222

boards of canada over the last 5 years have become my favorite band.

with this new album, the way they did the whole "secret code" thing to find the release date, was one of the coolest ideas ive ever heard of, or could have possibly imagined

i would have died on the spot if i found one of the secret vinyls they released with number codes. i also would have freaked out if i saw there number code advertisement play on adult swim a few weeks back

here is a rundown on what im talking about, for those of you who may not know.
http://bocpages.org/wiki/Record_Store_Day_incident

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Zantera

Yeah that whole "event" (or what you want to call it) was pretty weird, and amusing to follow. I got some giggles from the people who did the most insane things, like someone driving out in the middle of the desert to look for clues. I don't remember if he found anything, but still gave me a smile. That's a lot of devotion.  ;D

Really excited for this album. A lot of people are hyping the new Daft Punk at the moment, that one is great (though not mindblowing), but I feel like the new Boards of Canada will blow it away.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

black coffee

This sounds so good!!

Release date is June 5th, and I already got an idea what to do when I have the album

Geogaddii

Quote from: black coffee on May 24, 2013, 10:00 AM
This sounds so good!!

Release date is June 5th, and I already got an idea what to do when I have the album

where are you getting june 5th? its june 10th and 11th..

black coffee

In Japan its June 5th... every single day matters ;)

Geogaddii

well....looks like I need to move to Japan... need a roommate  :P?

Fireal1222

its awesome to see other boards of canada fans on this forum

i cant wait to hear the new album on tuesday.. the video and music for the song "reach for the dead" is absolutely amazing.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Hank

Up there with the best of all the albums Iv'e heard from them.

Love it.

"Nothing Is Real " is fucking tight along with so many others.

FlyingPiranha

I am truly remiss for not checking these guys out earlier. This album is amazing.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

Geogaddii

Beautiful, a good pair of headphones or a decent system will help bring this baby to life.

bewareofrats

I really liked the second half or so of Reach for the Dead.  It's subtle and slow, yet has an oddly powerful feel.  And there's a couple other ones that are pretty good and some parts that are decent, but overall this album is boring with a capital BORING.  Some parts totally remind me of a mid '80's movie soundtrack, particularly The Terminator and RoboCop or something.

There's some ambient music I like a lot but this doesn't do it for me.  Silent Hill music which is done by Akira Yamaoka OWNS this.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847