Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rocket Skates - Meanings

Started by kameron632, Feb 24, 2010, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deft_16_Ones

Quote from: HXGRMWORLD on Feb 24, 2010, 03:39 AM
Rocket skates is about... maybe hittin on a woman ... on a Good Sexy and Special... but in this case  some lust, erotism and some rude language mixed with poetry... make things a little bit better....

BY THE WAY

A brand new Deftones song is available for free download http://lnk.ms/4kXwL Deftones Rocket Skates... New Song! :)

What a great philosopher !!!!!!!!!!
What is underlined maybe is what happened to your mom when you were in her belly unborned thus making your brain turn to shit before you come out.
Go back to your cave we were at peace without you here.

Slacker

fuck the meaning of the song, i just wanna rock it.

Vesanic

Quote from: Deft_16_Ones on Feb 25, 2010, 02:58 AM
Rocket skates is about... maybe hittin on a woman ... on a Good Sexy and Special... but in this case  some lust, erotism and some rude language mixed with poetry... make things a little bit better....

BY THE WAY

A brand new Deftones song is available for free download http://lnk.ms/4kXwL Deftones Rocket Skates... New Song! :)

What a great philosopher !!!!!!!!!!
What is underlined maybe is what happened to your mom when you were in her belly unborned thus making your brain turn to shit before you come out.
Go back to your cave we were at peace without you here.

Hahaha, fucking damn it...

FeetLikeFins

It's about a little man in a boat?

simmamadrama4000

this song is about epic peri0d sex. he falls into a trance while he sails (or surfs) the crimson tide. chino also likes to shove guns.razors.knives into girls vaginas. the end.  :D

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

BY THE WAY

We didnt know just because we dont live in the USA right? What  a fucking idiot. I agree with Mr 16 go back to your shithole and dont come back colombian fag.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

goldpony

i think he was watching seven when he wrote it

strap on dildo knife FTW
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

beaverwithfishyshoes

me tink diz bout magina..meanz.. magin.. no wai.. nagina... fuckk.. magginn,... ahhhhhhh!~!!^%#^%&$654%^#^!!

Vesanic

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Feb 27, 2010, 07:19 AM
me tink diz bout magina..meanz.. magin.. no wai.. nagina... fuckk.. magginn,... ahhhhhhh!~!!^%#^%&$654%^#^!!

;D

UrZ*

it's definitely about torture... but the "guns, razors, knives"  makes me think of gangsters, gangs, drugrunners..

very sick song tbh...some is drenched, soaked in their own blood? nice..
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

bloody_liver

Quote from: kameron632 on Feb 24, 2010, 02:46 AM
Post what you think Rocket Skates is about here!

If anyone knows about Jim Morrison and The Doors, basically Jim had an intense spiritual experience when he was on a road trip with his family as a child. He saw these dead Indians on the road who were in a car wreck, covered in blood. He claimed that the spirits of the Indians entered his body and lived within his soul from then on.

My two cents on Rocket Skates is that it's basically about that. I mean, apparently Riviere is about Indians too. It's working title was Commanche, and you could draw the connection that with the album title Riviere meaning "River" that it alludes to something to the effect of Native American's at a river possibly during the time that the Navaho tribe got killed off in the early days of Americas -  fun fact, a working title Chino mentioned as a song for SNW was "America". Coincidental eh?

So yeah. I think it's about that Jim Morrison type of experience. Deftones are from California so maybe it's one of those really interesting pieces of folklore that you can connect with as a rock star. Here's some poetry from Jim Morrison himself ---

An American Prayer (1978)

resident mockery
give us an hour for magic
Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding
Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.
Me and my mother and father, and a grandmother and a grandfather. were driving through the desert, at dawn, and a truck load of Indian workers had either hit another car, or just — I don't know what happened — but there were Indians scattered all over the highway, bleeding to death.
So the car pulls up and stops. That was the first time I tasted fear. I musta' been about four — like a child is like a flower, his head is just floating in the breeze, man. The reaction I get now thinking about it, looking back — is that the souls of the ghosts of those dead Indians... maybe one or two of 'em... were just running around freaking out, and just leaped into my soul. And they're still there.
Do you know the warm progress under the stars?
Do you know we exist?
Have you forgotten the keys to the kingdom?
Have you been born yet
& are you alive?
Let's reinvent the gods, all the myths of the ages
Celebrate symbols from deep elder forests
Now listen to this...
Ill tell you about texas radio and the big beat
Soft driven, slow and mad Like some new language
Reaching your head with the cold, sudden fury of a divine messenger
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars...
Out here we is stoned...
Immaculate.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sing blue silver

foreverthesickestkid

Quote from: SleazyP on Feb 25, 2010, 12:43 AM
Any of these theories are possible, or it could be something on the complete opposite of the spectrum.  I think that is what makes their lyrics so great. :)

That's a rather vague statement...

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: foreverthesickestkid on Nov 08, 2016, 05:52 AM
Quote from: SleazyP on Feb 25, 2010, 12:43 AM
Any of these theories are possible, or it could be something on the complete opposite of the spectrum.  I think that is what makes their lyrics so great. :)

That's a rather vague statement...

Kind of like their lyrics.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Penicks

LG95

This is obviously the answer:

Quote from: nineteenpeoplesnames on Feb 24, 2010, 08:16 PM
It's about a person with a pair of skates with rockets on but unfortunately the guy/girl has some guns, razors and knives and is on drugs in the rain listening to trance under the stars. The person then lands on all the guns, razors and knives and then there's loads of blood and then there's some other dude there.

Actually it's about knitting.
I could float here forever