Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

itunes 9.1

Started by bright lights, big city, Apr 18, 2010, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

so i just updated my itunes to 9.1 and then plugged in the ol' ipod. that was when everything converted to 128 kbs on my ipod.
the music in the itunes is still good, but only the ipod converted to the shit bitrate. anyone else have this problem? if so is there a workaround?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 18, 2010, 08:54 PM
so i just updated my itunes to 9.1 and then plugged in the ol' ipod. that was when everything converted to 128 kbs on my ipod.
the music in the itunes is still good, but only the ipod converted to the shit bitrate. anyone else have this problem? if so is there a workaround?

I usually wait awhile when Apple releases updates. They're so buggy most of the time. And after reading this, i'm glad I haven't updated yet.

here maybe this will help

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/instant-expert-secrets-features-of-itunes-9.1/

Scroll down till you see this "Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs to 128 kbps AAC"

Rocket Skates '94

devilinside

Yeah every time I get on it asks me if I wanna upgrade and I say not now...

your sister gets me hard

Well, your first problem was being a turd and listening to mp3's.

defskull

Second problem was using itunes

bright lights, big city

Quote from: your sister gets me hard on Apr 20, 2010, 01:18 AM
Well, your first problem was being a turd and listening to mp3's.
Quote from: defskull on Apr 20, 2010, 01:23 AM
Second problem was using itunes
third problem was... hey wait a minute. fuck you guys!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

samson simpson

tarkil

Nah, 3rd problem is that you use an ipod...  :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Just update Itunes and dont accept Safari, Bonjour or Genius. Damn someone bashed you for using an Ipod? :S That user must still using those big ass walkmans from the 90s LMAO Epic fail. ;D

ToneDef

^^ Or an alternative mp3 player...? ;)

tarkil

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Apr 20, 2010, 03:59 AM
Just update Itunes and dont accept Safari, Bonjour or Genius. Damn someone bashed you for using an Ipod? :S That user must still using those big ass walkmans from the 90s LMAO Epic fail. ;D

Yup, that's mine indeed :

And yes, it has auto-reverse !!!
I can understand you're jealous man, but don't be hating, k ?

ToneDef

Of all the portable music devices I owned, my muh-fuckin' Discman had the best sound quality. The bass was insane.

your sister gets me hard

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 20, 2010, 05:43 AM
Of all the portable music devices I owned, my muh-fuckin' Discman had the best sound quality. The bass was insane.

Because you were listening to the actual audio and how it was supposed to sound.  Not some gay ass mp3's.  When I go for a run I use a discman haha.

tarkil

Y'all should read about Cowon mp3 players too, and BBE equalizers... Rock some hard socks !
Or if you're really allergic to mp3s, just use flac

bright lights, big city

yeah we've had this conversation before about which is the best portable device. i used to be part of the group that hates apple, but goddamnit the ipods nowadays are just so incredibly easy and sleeker than anything else i've personally seen.

i've now modified my hating-apple-rule to at least hate their first generation devices. ipods and iphones have only gotten better as they continuously update them every year.
DERP

ToneDef

Quote from: your sister gets me hard on Apr 20, 2010, 06:47 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 20, 2010, 05:43 AM

Because you were listening to the actual audio and how it was supposed to sound.  Not some gay ass mp3's.  When I go for a run I use a discman haha.

Oh yeah, without a doubt.. people everywhere are listening to everything digitally and not realising it's not the best quality.

But I mean, this thing had like an Ultra Bass setting or something, whatever Sony were rocking at the time, the first CD I put in that fucker was Around The Fur and the kick on MOS made my dick hard. It was so good. I can adjust EQ's on my player now all day, but nothing will top the sound I got from that bad boy back in the day.

derekautomatica

did anyone have a mini-disc player? that thing was a pain in the ass.

black coffee

No way man, I loved my MD player. The thing was pretty much indestructible, long-lasting battery, good sound and the thing had NET MD to copy mp3's onto mini discs via USB. The only bad thing was Sonic Stage.. that software really sucked.

The only reason I switched to an ipod back in the day was the low capacity... always carrying 4-5 mini disc's with me became annoying.

Ras Iziah Nathaneal I

all I use is I tunes which sucks but thats the situation, can't find these records in stores, but then even i tunes doesn't go far enough, theres so many records from Jamaica they dont have, they're only on amazon for like 50 bucks.

derekautomatica

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 22, 2010, 01:51 PM
No way man, I loved my MD player. The thing was pretty much indestructible, long-lasting battery, good sound and the thing had NET MD to copy mp3's onto mini discs via USB. The only bad thing was Sonic Stage.. that software really sucked.

The only reason I switched to an ipod back in the day was the low capacity... always carrying 4-5 mini disc's with me became annoying.

it was the software that got me. but they were indestructible and sounded great.