Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ipod Classic Help

Started by Sushi-X, Apr 29, 2010, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Last night I was listening to Angel Dust by FNM. When it got to Jizzlobber it played like the first ten seconds. Frozed, then skipped to the next song. I figured whatever I'll just replace the file. So today as i'm driving to work, listening to Beauty School, when it does the same thing at like a minutes before the song finishes.

Is this a sign the hard drive is gonna fail?

Rocket Skates '94

Jacob

I've owned two iPods and both acted weird like that from time to time. never had any hard drives fail though, so I don't think you need to worry too much. make sure the software is up to date. and if it's giving you too much trouble, try a full reset.

my new iPod is actually giving me more trouble than the old one (which was the first generation ever - main problem with that one was the battery life). if I listen to the last song in a playlist and add another song after it, when the next song starts it always plays the first song in the list instead, but still displaying the one that should be played. this happens every time. other than that, it can shut itself off every now and then for no particular reason.

bottom line is, Apple is crap.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

derekautomatica

i still have my first gen nano...never had a problem with it. It froze up a few times but i let the battery die out and it was all good. Ipod's are hit or miss. I know of some people that have had the same one for years and never had an issue and some who have gotten a new one and have it totally fuck up on them.

Sushi-X

Well it turns out it wasn't the Ipod itself. Something went wrong with the file. but thanks for the tips guys.

Rocket Skates '94

E-Money

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 29, 2010, 09:55 PM
I've owned two iPods and both acted weird like that from time to time. never had any hard drives fail though, so I don't think you need to worry too much. make sure the software is up to date. and if it's giving you too much trouble, try a full reset.

my new iPod is actually giving me more trouble than the old one (which was the first generation ever - main problem with that one was the battery life). if I listen to the last song in a playlist and add another song after it, when the next song starts it always plays the first song in the list instead, but still displaying the one that should be played. this happens every time. other than that, it can shut itself off every now and then for no particular reason.

dude stop it, apple is not crap.  Apple is Brilliant and we all know it!! 

Sushi-X

Quote from: stapezee on Apr 30, 2010, 05:07 AM

they've been extremely popular this past decade so hate is expected. Honestly they make some bad ass products. I look at zunes and i think 'My god those things are ugly" and then that DRM bullshit for song sharing. Total shit.

Rocket Skates '94

Jacob

Quote from: stapezee on Apr 30, 2010, 05:07 AM

Apple is more about design than actual quality, and that is no secret. they always were the underdog until they started making "cool" things instead.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

derekautomatica

I'd much rather have a Mac than a PC...the only thing is they're hella expensive but i think they're worth the price. Dont have to worry about viruses which is always a plus.

derekautomatica

FUCK...my ipod finally took a shit.

nintendoXO

derekautomatica

yeah with all that extra money i have....

nintendoXO

Go shake a tree,Somethings bound to happen. :P

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

derekautomatica