Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: luisch on Aug 21, 2012, 05:43 AM
Deftones Interview at Knotfest - Backstage Entertainment[/url]

i understand that it can be a painful drag for him/them with the chi questions again and again.however, what comes out of it is that the oneloveforchi site always get mentioned with it, so it will be a good advertisement for the page and the donations. but perhaps the interviewers should stop asking questions to chino, and instead just mention page so it won't be forgotten

one weak

The problem with that is people act on what bands say, not what interviewers say.

from_musings

that's true. but it seems it's not working out for the band.best thing would be to continue as usual i guess,the band giving any updates, but instead of not saying anything, it could be the interviewers mentioning the site and donations and chino just adding something so he don't have to act like the doctor if that's the problem

one weak

deftones86

you can sympathize with chino if you've ever lost a friend. i know hes not dead but he is lost. and not every interviewer is a fan,  they are there to get the low down on the band at the time, and that involves chi and how hes doing. so maybe chino needs to let it be known that oneloveforchi is the place to go and maybe the people interviewers can add a link to the interview. which will in turn bring traffic to oneloveforchi. if chino just says "oh chi the same"  that will make people not want to check out oneloveforchi.com because they know hes in the same state as the last time they did an interview.

Corleone

it's Deftones, not THE Deftones... blahrgh

normsteez

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

dictatesofreason

Quote from: Corleone on Aug 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
it's Deftones, not THE Deftones... blahrgh

i hate when people do that. do they see an invisible "the" on the album covers or what

Vesanic

It's just a grammar thing... Deftones is a plural name, so you sometimes use the to make it sound more... correct, grammatically speaking. I do that too.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

pony_01

sometimes i used "the" on deftones too, cuz they are "the" mighty and "the" only one

deftjess

seems there in the desert doing covers songs an the album is still mixing at the time of this interview

http://loudwire.com/deftones-complete-recording-new-album-prepare-cover-songs-session/

Deftones Complete Recording New Album, Prepare for Cover Songs Session
by: Chad Childers Yesterday
Deftones

Mary Ouellette, SheWillShootYou.com
Deftones have put in the work, and now they're going to have a little fun on top of it by recording a few cover songs. Singer Chino Moreno, interviewed by Minnesota radio station 93X prior to Knotfest, revealed that the group's forthcoming album has been recorded and they're now making plans for the covers.

The singer explained, "We're actually going at the end of this month into the desert, Death Valley we're gonna go and record for three days cause the record's done. It's been recorded, but usually at the end of the recording process we record a few covers, so we're going to go do that." Earlier this year, it was rumored that the band was considering songs from Earth, Wind & Fire and Elvis Presley for their covers.

While the actual recording sessions with producer Nick Raskulinecz are complete, Moreno says that they are holding off on announcing a street date for the disc. Even though Oct. 9 had been rumored, the singer says nothing can officially be revealed until one important detail has been finished.

He explained,"We don't have a specific date. We're actually in the process of having it mixed right now. So we're actually out here doing these shows and at the end of the night we get some mixes sent to us and we've been listening to 'em. Last night we listened to a couple, so we're just going back and forth with notes and trying to get 'em where we know they can be. So until we actually have the mixed record, I think it's hard for us to set a date."

Meanwhile, the band has booked an Oct. 10 performance at San Francisco's Warfield with Scars on Broadway. The group has a standing relationship with Scars' Daron Malakian, as Deftones just finished playing shows this summer with System of a Down. No further dates have been announced as of yet

iceache

This is all the same info from that Max 98.9 or whatever interview.

momo

deftoner664

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/09/04/deftones-koi-no-yokan-interview/

Decent interview...

It really is starting to piss me off though that ever interviewer ask about Chi... They need to quit depressing the shit out of these guys. I'm sure if there is any significant improvement in Chi's health they will make a special announcement of that.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

JVell

Quote from: deftoner664 on Sep 04, 2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/09/04/deftones-koi-no-yokan-interview/

Decent interview...

It really is starting to piss me off though that ever interviewer ask about Chi... They need to quit depressing the shit out of these guys. I'm sure if there is any significant improvement in Chi's health they will make a special announcement of that.

No, this is not a decent interview. Just more repetitious, softball questions that don't offer anything new about the upcoming album, the band, anything. Same old questions, same old answers.

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847